PDA

View Full Version : Help me write an over-the-top positive review for my new dentist.

darkrose50
2019-04-03, 09:37 AM
So I had a crazy bad dentist that really messed up early and often. It took me a while to come to the conclusion that he was a crap dentist. I even think that he made things worse as often as he made things better.

I now have a new dentist, and he looks like he is in late 20's. This is likely his first gig, but this man is amazing. It is as if he never got the memo that a dentist's job was to inflict pain so that one does not feel pain later. I have not once felt any pain under this mans care.

I am not sure if this guy is an amazing dentist, a space wizard, or a cherub whisperer. All the same, I am amazed and in awe.

Peelee
2019-04-03, 09:57 AM
So I had a crazy bad dentist that really messed up early and often. It took me a while to come to the conclusion that he was a crap dentist. I even think that he made things worse as often as he made things better.

I now have a new dentist, and he looks like he is in his late 20's. This is likely his first gig, but this man is amazing. It is as if he never got the memo that a dentist's job was to inflict pain so that one does not feel pain later. I have not once felt any pain under this mans care. I am not sure it this guy is an amazing dentist, a space wizard, or a cherub whisperer. All the same, I am amazed an in awe.

How about this:

This man is amazing. It is as if he never got the memo that a dentist's job was to inflict pain so that one does not feel pain later. I have not once felt any pain under this mans care. I am not sure it this guy is an amazing dentist, a space wizard, or a cherub whisperer. All the same, I am amazed an in awe.

Izzyboshi
2019-04-03, 06:19 PM
I would totally go to a space wizard, cherub-whispering dentist!

JeenLeen
2019-04-04, 10:12 AM
It is as if he never got the memo that a dentist's job was to inflict pain so that one does not feel pain later.

I agree that what you already wrote sounds great. Maybe add some details related to what it is was, if it was more than a routine cleaning. A painless tooth pull or root canal is a bigger accomplishment.

I'd recommend shortening the sentence I quoted, though. Something about the structure of it made me a touch confused, and I'd use "It is as if he never got the memo that a dentist's job was to inflict pain" without mentioning the idea that pain-now is to prevent pain-later. (Perhaps my confusion comes from not having heard that idea, though I am aware of the cliche of a pain-causing sadist dentist.)

Peelee
2019-04-04, 10:14 AM
I'd recommend shortening the sentence I quoted, though. Something about the structure of it made me a touch confused, and I'd use "It is as if he never got the memo that a dentist's job was to inflict pain" without mentioning the idea that pain-now is to prevent pain-later.

Yeah, seconded.