PDA

View Full Version : Character Idea

Zarcus
2019-04-03, 06:18 PM
So I need help picking a class or a build for the character idea I have. To give you some background info the character I currently play is a aasimar paladin named atria. She works a the silver order who’s loyalty is to the kingdom not necessarily the king. When she was young a god who saw the future came to her and told her of his plan and how it would be the best for not just the kingdom but for all of the continent but she would have to become evil and a large threat to the land. After she was returned she forgot everything but has slowly and unconsciously going after this goal. The god knowing that one day after her turn that she would need to be stop made another plan. He choose a life long friend of hers (my new character) and gave him a destiny and until it was complete he would not be allowed to die. Well this man end up falling in love with atria over time. When he reach adulthood however he learned of his destiny which was that he would have to kill the women that he loved.

So now that you have some background info I will give you some of his character traits.
He has to help people and hates to see them suffer which is in part because he is suffering not wanting to complete his destiny that he advoids. He also is more then to will to take damage if it means saving a life.
For my race me and my gm have agreed the the UA revenant will work with some reflavoring.

I would like to be in melee and use spells as support but if you have any other ideas that you think will work please feel free to say them. I do not want to be a barbarian and in our part we have a hexblade, a beast ranger, a nature cleric and another warlock how is more blasty in nature. My dm is open to most things including UA

Thanks again!!

nickl_2000
2019-04-03, 06:21 PM
This screams Oath of Redemption Paladin to me. Just look at the level 7 aura after all.

Man_Over_Game
2019-04-03, 06:25 PM
Most of what your describing fits a Paladin.

If you're trying to avoid playing another Paladin, I'd actually recommend the Monster Slayer Ranger. Not only are most of its abilities focused around supporting a team, but their skillset is specially designed to kill a singular target, just like the one he's destined to kill. The powers that he has are naturally catered to hunting and killing her. He'll have a lot of ways of still supporting a team, though, including protecting others with things like Goodberry, Ensnaring Strike, Cure Wounds, Healing Spirit or Lesser Restoration.

nickl_2000
2019-04-03, 06:30 PM
I completely missed that you are currently playing a paladin.

So how about this instead. High elf order domain cleric with booming blade as the elf cantrip.

Zarcus
2019-04-03, 06:34 PM
Thank you both. Trying to advoid paladin again. Love the class probably my favorite in 5e just want to do something a bit different. His race is revenant so I can’t pick high elf thanks though. I’ll take a look at order domain though. And I will take a look a monster slayer though I know our dm prefers the revised ranger for the most part. Thanks again to you both

zinycor
2019-04-03, 06:37 PM
I would like to be in melee and use spells as support but if you have any other ideas that you think will work please feel free to say them. I do not want to be a barbarian and in our part we have a hexblade, a beast ranger, a nature cleric and another warlock how is more blasty in nature. My dm is open to most things including UA

Thanks again!!

I say go bard and pick any of the fighting colleges.

Wuzza
2019-04-03, 06:41 PM
Rogue - Arcane Trickster. Robin Hood if ever I heard one. (they don't ALL have to be bad :smallsmile: :)

He also is more then to will to take damage if it means saving a life.

You don't have to be a fighter type to give your life.

nickl_2000
2019-04-03, 06:51 PM
Thank you both. Trying to advoid paladin again. Love the class probably my favorite in 5e just want to do something a bit different. His race is revenant so I can’t pick high elf thanks though. I’ll take a look at order domain though. And I will take a look a monster slayer though I know our dm prefers the revised ranger for the most part. Thanks again to you both

Wow sorry. I'm having all kinds of issues reading tonight. I still say order cleric would be good for your idea. If you want better melee look to either multiclass to get shield and BB or take magic initiate to get BB and you will melee very effectively.

Rukelnikov
2019-04-03, 07:20 PM
This screams Oath of Redemption Paladin.

Co-signed.

Ventruenox
2019-04-03, 07:37 PM
What about Matt Mercer's Blood Hunter? The dichotomy of being a revanant with any of the orders would be delicious.