PDA

View Full Version : Disquise questions

Lans
2019-04-04, 12:34 AM
1 What would the DC be for a human to disguise themselves as a series of bats?

2 The disguise check to appear as 2 people torturing another?

Zaq
2019-04-04, 01:30 AM
Isn’t Disguise an opposed roll rather than a set DC? Mind you, that just shifts the real question to “what modifiers should apply to your check in these situations,” but still.

I love the phrasing of “a series of bats.” I’m picturing not a swarm but maybe a line? Perhaps not all that close to each other, either. A bat wanders past, followed at some distance by another, and another, and so on. (Can you elaborate on what you really mean?)

Telonius
2019-04-04, 10:36 AM
For number 2, this would probably involve a Bluff check as well as a Disguise check. The Disguise checks would make the characters appear to be the torturer and prisoner, while the Bluff check would be used to make people believe that you're actually torturing.

As Zaq mentioned, Disguise is an opposed roll to Spot. There isn't a particular DC you need to hit; you just need to have a result better than the observer's Spot check. Bluff works in a similar way; it's opposed by the observer's Sense Motive check.

For number 1, I'm not sure that Disguise would even be the right skill for what you're trying to do. Changing your apparent height or weight by even 25% is supposed to be an Epic skill check. Making some sort of a costume that makes you look like a swarm of tiny animals doesn't really seem like it would be doable without magic.