PDA

View Full Version : Streamer needs help buying equipment

Phhase
2019-04-04, 01:07 AM
So I have a friend who is a streamer and is growing, but they want to get a PC (They come from console) and stuff for streaming. I know what makes a computer good, but not what you need for streaming. Can anyone help me come up with a rough list of not-too-exorbitant stuff and or recommended practices? Thanks.

Knaight
2019-04-04, 01:22 AM
The big thing is that they need a much better microphone than tends to come with computers.

factotum
2019-04-04, 01:38 AM
The big thing is that they need a much better microphone than tends to come with computers.

Yeah, this. A decent microphone costs hundreds, but the difference in audio quality is amazing--just try comparing an early video of your favourite big Youtuber, before they really got started, with a current one.

Razade
2019-04-04, 03:12 AM
I am fond of my blue yeti and a lot of youtubers use them. They're fairly affordable for mid-tier gear is concerned and on Amazon.

Silfir
2019-04-04, 06:08 AM
Unless money is no object, look at Ryzen 7 CPUs (3700 might be the current one?) to handle the multi-core workload associated with gaming and encoding video on the fly. Editing video also works better with a decent amount of RAM.