PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on a build?

Falcii
2019-04-04, 02:17 AM
My DM is giving us a strange gift in our new campaign.
We are starting at level 5... Cool.
All unearthed arcana and wizards material is allowed... Sweet.
We get a bonus feat... Nice!
We get both an ASI and a feat when we hit level 4??? Amazing!!
ASIs are based on Character level not class level? Bonkers. Absolutely bonkers.

So at level 5 I am starting with 2 feats and an ASI. That opens build possibilities up a lot.

My rolled stats are 17,16,12,11,11,7
I would like to be mark of passage human (+2dex, +1X).

I want to play a young man who is something of an urchin. He's unstuck from society though he lives in the cities. He survives through running and scavenging rather than conflict. As a person he is ruled by fear though he's quick with a joke and takes pride in his ability to deflect away from his own issues.

And that's all well and good but how do I manifest that in a build that doesn't blow, or equally importantly, work with the party? We have a necro wizard, a rogue/gun Artificer, a warlock of some description (I don't believe he is hexblade) and no frontline or support.

Any feed back would be nice! So far I'm thinking maybe inquisitive rogue or kensei with hand crossbows? Perhaps satire bard? Maybe even horizon revised ranger. Who knows???

CTurbo
2019-04-04, 04:01 AM
I'd probably go full Rogue or do a Rogue/Ranger multiclass.

Ranger 5/ Rogue X is strong whether you go melee or ranged. You could take Sharphooter and Skulker or Alert. Scout or Arcane Trickster would work and Hunter or Gloom Stalker would be great Ranger picks. I do not like Horizon Walker.

Just start 18 Dex and get it to 20 at level 4.

MrStabby
2019-04-04, 06:14 AM
Mystic is good.

Mystic supporting multiclass is obscene

Mystic supporting multiclass when the downsides are removed...

Given that a lot of the mystic stuff that is good multiclassed doesn't need int, you could play just about anything and have it support.

Mystic/revised ranger-gloomstalker could be both a powerhouse and really good fun to play.

MThurston
2019-04-04, 06:34 AM
My rolled stats are 17,16,12,11,11,7
I would like to be mark of passage human (+2dex, +1X).

Warlock 5 Hexblade
Start S 7, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 18. Then ASI +1 int, +1 Wis. Because I dislike odd stats.

Standard Human Str 8, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 18. ASI +1 Dex, +1 Con.

Pick one of those you like better.

Feats: Warcaster and Crossbow Expert.
Or Medium Armor Master instead of Crossbow Expert. My style of play would be Medium Armor Master.

Half Plate + Dex Mod + Shield = 20 AC with no disadvantage to sneak.

Then it's all the flavor you want in a Hexblade.