PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A [3.5] Walking into a Wall

Gen Melchett
2019-04-04, 09:11 PM
What happens when:

1) A character is blind and tries to move through a wall.

2) A character is blind and in an area that requires a balance check to move at half speed. They succeed on the balance check and then try to move through a wall.

There are rules for accidentally ending movement in an illegal space (PHB 148), but I can't find anything about attempting to moving through obstacles.

frogglesmash
2019-04-04, 09:37 PM
I don't think there are any specific rules to cover this eventuality, so unless the dm says otherwise, you bump into the wall, and are free to use the rest of your movement to travel in a different direction.

magic9mushroom
2019-04-04, 11:17 PM
I can't find any rules either. I do know that when you're blinded movement costs double and you can't run or charge.

In this case I'd probably rule that the 2 squares is 1 to determine you can go into it and 1 to actually go into it, so discovering an impassable square would probably cost you one square of movement. That's me, though.

If you charged or ran into a wall of force I'd probably say you take 1d3 nonlethal and Reflex save to avoid falling prone, plus your charge/run is over. Again, that's me suggesting, not rules.