PDA

View Full Version : Kalashtar Barbarian

CTurbo
2019-04-06, 12:24 PM
I see there is a post about this from about 8 months ago on here, but didn't want to necro it. I am just now reading about the UA Eberron races so until now, I have not been familiar with them.

It seems to me that the Kalashtar race would make a great Barbarian since it takes a couple of steps towards covering a couple of the Barbarian's biggest weaknesses(Wis saves) and to a much lesser extent, resistance to psychic damage. Bear Totem comes to mind. Yes I know this is nothing new to many of you, but I'm just now learning it lol.

So yeah I don't think the Kalashtar are a top pick for Barbarian, but I do think they're a great choice for an extremely well rounded Barb. The +1 Cha is wasted, but the +1 Wis is nice, and then you get a floating +1 that you'd almost certainly put in Str.

How have I not heard about this? lol

jh12
2019-04-06, 12:35 PM
The +1 to Charisma isn't necessarily wasted for the Path of the Berserker with their Intimidating Presence feature. And the Kalashtar Psychic Glamour trait could help out even more.

Whiskeyjack8044
2019-04-06, 01:19 PM
For flavor go Ancestral Guardian and say your Guardian is a projection of your other Soul.

Vogie
2019-04-06, 04:29 PM
It would also help with those Barbarians who dip Cleric or Warlock for non-spell abilities that can be used during rage, such as Dark One's blessing, Spiritual weapon, Channel Divinity, Shielding Aurora, and the like