PDA

View Full Version : Help optimizing paladin/warlock/sorcerer

Sleepypeet
2019-04-06, 12:53 PM
Hey guys about to start a new campaign and ive always like the concept of paladin with big hits and alot of utility. I was thinking something along the lines of paladin 6-warlock2(hexblade)-sorc 12.
The warlock lets me boost cha as high as possible and it synergy with sorc is just so good. the 6 of paladin gets me the smite damage with tons of spell slots, extra attack and also a really beefy aura of protection.

Paladin oath? maybe vengeance for the advantage on attacks? or crown for some extra healing/taunt.

Ive read up on The-Guide-to-the-Ultimate-Paladin-Sorcerer-Multiclass (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?502673-Unlimited-Blade-Works-The-Guide-to-the-Ultimate-Paladin-Sorcerer-Multiclass) and it only goes into sorcerer and was wondering if this would work well vs like a 6/14 sorcerer with 2h greatsword with GWF and stuff.

Also need help picking a sorcerer origin. and the warlock invocations, so far i think for warlock i wanna go agonizing blast for then extra cha dmg but not sure of the 2nd. i know devils sight and darkness is a great combo but with a party i think it would frustrate the other players. was thinking of maybe improved pact weapon so i can sword and shield?

for sorcerer options i was pondering draconic for the cha to spells and some resist of elements, another option im seeing is the divine for extra healing (party lacks alot of healing)

Feats: thinking warcaster, blade mastery(can someone tell me if i can use booming blade or green flame blade on the AOO?), then just boosting stats like cha and con? need alot of help here

basically im looking for some insight on what might be a waste because i know it looks like im trying to do a bit of everything because i am. Just not sure what to drop because it all seems so good! thanks for the advice!

Edit: also ive never really multiclassed before so im not sure when to take what levels. im starting lvl 2 paladin(Dm says so) but not sure when to dip into sorc/hexblade