PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Evil Druid character ideas

caoshunter22
2019-04-06, 10:39 PM
I got the okay from my DM that if my currect character dies that my next character can be a small time drug lord. The DM said he will make house rules so that it will work. I was thinking I would make the character a druid since could have learned how to make drugs the different plants that are available in the forest to help defend his forest from intruders. He justifies his action like creating a drug epidemic and instability where ever he goes as revenge for people destroyed the forest he was protecting.

I'm still discussing with the DM how this character can be the head of a criminal organization and yet to still be able to travel with the party and how to communicate with the rest of his organization. As a thought how he could stay in the good side of the party members and maybe the people of the cities and towns he visits he could take out any criminals so he is possibly seen as a hero and leaves the town or city with less competition when the member of his organization move into the town. So any advice on what races, what circles and backgrounds that would work for this kind of character would be greatly appreciated.

I get a rogue might would probably make more sense but I thought a Druid might make a better plot twist when it's revealed to the rest of the party who my character really is if I don't screw up.

Mercurias
2019-04-07, 01:07 AM
The problem with a druidic character being an underworld drug peddler to me is that most of what attracts people to the drug trade is going to be in the realm of the material. Money, creature comforts, and that kind of thing.

Maybe your druid is peddling his poison on the streets out of some kind of religious duty, selling hallucinogens that cause people to lose themselves in alien, primal urges. They could also be selling drugs as a means of actively causing natural decay in urban communities, breaking down the social structure until the threat to nature is lessened by the very real problems caused by a drug epidemic.

Dr. Cliché
2019-04-07, 05:48 AM
I get a rogue might would probably make more sense but I thought a Druid might make a better plot twist when it's revealed to the rest of the party who my character really is

Something I'll say about this - it's rarely ever a good idea to have a twist just for the sake of having a twist.

hymer
2019-04-07, 06:59 AM
Land circle grassland druids get Dream from level 9, making it easy for you to contact your organization.

Criminal is the obvious background, but a Hermit whose hermitage was ruined is another option. That could also give you the revelation that caused you to turn to crime. Perhaps you need the money to achieve some unexpected goal.

witchslave
2019-04-07, 07:29 AM
I'm thinking circle of spores for idea of hallucinogenic fungi and such from the constant aura for spores you'd give off. As for contacting the rest of your criminal crew, animating a bird as a fungi infested zombie to relay messages could work. Just don't get caught sending secret notes to your drug cartel. Heck you probably don't need to use bird zombies and use living birds you've made into allies from animal friendship spells

caoshunter22
2019-04-07, 11:20 AM
Something I'll say about this - it's rarely ever a good idea to have a twist just for the sake of having a twist.

My plan is to make him to become a villian the group may have to fight. So after he gains enough power he leaves the I create a new character. Then the player realize they helped a monster rise to power and it's up to them if they continue with the main story or they take down the druid and his cartel.

Vogie
2019-04-08, 09:18 AM
As a thought how he could stay in the good side of the party members and maybe the people of the cities and towns he visits he could take out any criminals so he is possibly seen as a hero and leaves the town or city with less competition when the member of his organization move into the town. So any advice on what races, what circles and backgrounds that would work for this kind of character would be greatly appreciated.

You can do it with any of them:

Spores - This is probably the easiest, as the symbiosis could be with the actual drug-inducing plant. The release version of the subclass is slightly underpowered compared to the UA, but has a lot of hooks that will make sense as a villain later on. As an NPC villain, I'd expect the Spores features would start having Confusion effects, and the Symbiotic Entity would apply not only poison damage, but the poisoned condition.
Dreams - Refluff this Circle as a sort of Walter White figure - the Balm die as a sort of Stim Pack, and the other features as a way for the character to always be safe, while on the run.
Land - This Circle is tied to your idea of a revenge plot. Are you a Mountain Druid destabilizes the miners who have devastated the mountains? A Forest Druid seeking revenge against loggers? Grassland Druid raising up against cities? Coast druids against polluters & shipbuilders? Swamp druids against roads & large-scale agriculture that requires dredging?
Twilight (UA) - This allows you to act a bit vampire-y, smiting, interrogating the dead, and stealing into places
Moon - This would be more focused on being a Mule or Distributor. No one notices a Bag of Holding when it's melded into a horse or bird via wild shape, but Moon Druids specifically can also hulk out to take on inquisitors, guards or wardens who stumble upon the trade
Shepherd - I'd play this more as a mob boss. Your focus would be to act as the Commander of sorts, using companion animals (thanks to Animal Friendship) as eyes and ears, while summoned animals perform hits.