PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds Spider man powers

Katrina
2019-04-07, 09:15 AM
Got most of it down pretty easy, but having trouble with some of Spidey's webbing tricks. Like, how would I build Spidey's tendency to webshot people's mouths closed? There is no "can't talk" condition.

noob
2019-04-07, 09:52 AM
Got most of it down pretty easy, but having trouble with some of Spidey's webbing tricks. Like, how would I build Spidey's tendency to webshot people's mouths closed? There is no "can't talk" condition.

maybe compelled/controlled with limited to only preventing speaking and having the physical and webbing descriptor?

Grod_The_Giant
2019-04-07, 12:54 PM
Nullify Speech, Sustained?

Metahuman1
2019-04-08, 03:35 AM
Make it a feature with the attack extra, put it in the webbing array so that it's covered by whatever method your using of being accurate with the webbing attacks? Feature: Cannot Talk. Quirk: Dissolves after an hour and can be removed with a DC 20 Strength check, make a toughness save against power DC to avoid a bruise, cannot do more than 1 degree of failure worth of problem.

Grek
2019-04-08, 04:19 AM
It's just a feature.

noob
2019-04-08, 05:35 AM
It's just a feature.

Not sure: preventing quick communication during a battle for everyone except people with ways of talking without mouth (sign language probably takes actions) can help disrupting the opponent forces.

Grek
2019-04-08, 12:33 PM
Right, that's why it costs a a point or two (as a feature) rather than being a descriptor (which is free). It provides a benefit, but the benefit is both niche and not covered elsewhere in the rules. That is exactly the right time to call something a feature and ask the GM how much they think its worth.

Katrina
2019-04-08, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. My Gm is both new to Gamemastering and learning Mutants and Masterminds, so i didn't want to just spring it on them. Also, i expect Mages and others with Power Loss: Words complications since one of the guys is playing the adopted son of Adrian Eldritch.

Logically, if its a feature, it probably works best on my "web in your eye" Blinding Affliction.

Mr.Sandman
2019-04-08, 11:07 PM
Logically, if its a feature, it probably works best on my "web in your eye" Blinding Affliction.

You might be confused between the common use of the word feature and the M&M Feature. In M&M a Feature is a power in its own right, a minor one not really covered anywhere else. Pg 108 in the third edition book, at the bottom.