PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Brawler + Spheres of Might

Kesnit
2019-04-07, 09:47 AM
I've been playing a Brawler in a Pathfinder game, and recently found Spheres of Might. I am thinking about rebuilding my Brawler with SoM, and want to make sure I am reading everything right.

1) I get access to the Boxing and Open Hand Spheres automatically.
2) I gain 1 martial tradition, since I am rebuilding from level 1 and am taking no other classes.
3) If I take the Drunken Brawler tradition, I gain access to Barroom and Wrestling spheres, giving me 4 spheres total.
4) I get Unarmed Training (Equipment Sphere) automatically
5) I get to pick any talent from Barroom or Wrestling.
6) I lose unarmed strike class feature and my bonus feats for levels 2, 8, 14, and 20. (At this point, it would only be 2 and 8, since we're level 12.)
7) I lose the AC bonus class feature.
7) Brawler's fury is traded for Brawler's pummel.
8) I get Unarmed Training in place of close weapon mastery. Since I already have that (from Drunken Brawler), I can pick another talent.

So questions:
1) Is the talent I get from Drunken Brawler (#5) in addition to the talents I get based on level from the table on page 9?
2) Can the talent I take in place of Unarmed Training (#8) be from any of my 4 spheres?

StSword
2019-04-07, 11:58 AM
So questions:
1) Is the talent I get from Drunken Brawler (#5) in addition to the talents I get based on level from the table on page 9?
2) Can the talent I take in place of Unarmed Training (#8) be from any of my 4 spheres?

1- Yes

2- Yes, you can spend that bonus combat talent an a talent from any sphere you know. Or you could spend it learn a new sphere. You can always spend a combat talent to gain a new sphere if you want.