PDA

View Full Version : Question

Hunterx
2019-04-07, 10:38 AM
If you are making a touch attack against an enemy and they are also denied their Dex what is the AC you go against ?

Is it the touch, flatfoot, or base ?

zlefin
2019-04-07, 10:43 AM
you'd have to figure out what their touch AC is when they're flatfooted. that's not in the statblock generally, though it shouldn't be hard to figure out. just subtract any dodge/dex bonuses from their touch AC.

MisterKaws
2019-04-07, 10:43 AM
Touch minus dex. Though in some cases there's other bonuses that don't work when flat-footed.

So... uh... touch - (base - flat-footed) I guess....

Hunterx
2019-04-07, 08:10 PM
well thanks but it is to not needed now. My char got killed ultimately by another player who did not know and could not see me because I was being grappled. This however gives me an idea but I have no exactly no idea how to go about it.

I want to focus on ability damage it has to be damage, and I want to add sneak attack to it. If you have any ideas that would be great thanks.

Spells that do damage to stats are my biggest issue.

Saintheart
2019-04-07, 08:38 PM
If you're looking at rogue-ish builds and want to do ability damage where it counts, try the old Poisoner's Handbook (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=2714.0). I love some of the tricks around CON damage: use Ambush Feats out of DoTU to lower saves, then the CON damage from your poison kicks in, then the Assassin's Death Attack kicks in.

For DEX damage, there's not much better than Shivering Touch. One cast of a spell that can clown a midrange dragon.