PDA

View Full Version : Any Vampire Types better than the Vampire Lord Template? In Pathfinder?

BlueWitch
2019-04-07, 11:51 AM
Is there any Vampire type better than the Vampire Lord Template? (Back in 3.5)

Pathfinder has the Dread Vampire but even that is a bit lackluster.

I could always homebrew, but I would much rather an already established template just for RAW purposes.

Silva Stormrage
2019-04-07, 01:56 PM
Vampiric Dragon from Draconomicon has some advantages over regular vampires and can arguably also become a vampire lord so that might be "Better" but there isn't a "Level above" vampire lord to my knowledge.

I know you listed that homebrew wasn't what you wanted but this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?297377-The-Sangrolu-(Bloodlich)-Updated-to-3-5-with-Extras!-PEACH-3-5) is at least a 3.5 homebrew update of an old 2e monster so no idea if that makes a difference to you or not.

inuyasha
2019-04-07, 02:03 PM
Is there any Vampire type better than the Vampire Lord Template? (Back in 3.5)

Pathfinder has the Dread Vampire but even that is a bit lackluster.

I could always homebrew, but I would much rather an already established template just for RAW purposes.

The core pathfinder answer for this would be to take the scariest vampire you can get and then apply the Advanced template, then you've got one of the scariest vampires around.

frogglesmash
2019-04-07, 02:20 PM
My sig may hold the answer..

BlueWitch
2019-04-07, 03:28 PM
My sig may hold the answer..

Yowza! That's quite the library!
Thank you! They are exactly what I needed! ^^

Falontani
2019-04-07, 04:46 PM
Can't click his Sig while on mobile, but from the third party ravenloft book Denizens of Dread there are a good number of high powered vampire templates

Malphegor
2019-04-09, 05:13 AM
Can't click his Sig while on mobile, but from the third party ravenloft book Denizens of Dread there are a good number of high powered vampire templates

link to his sigged link for ya :)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22667369&postcount=1

Velaryon
2019-04-09, 03:46 PM

I was going to suggest Ravenloft as well, since they introduced age categories for vampires. IIRC the 3.5 conversions in Denizens of Dread weren't great though, so if you do go that route read it over carefully.

Zombulian
2019-04-09, 04:28 PM
There’s always adding the Evolved Undead template.

Efrate
2019-04-09, 08:01 PM
Dragon 348 has the savage, terror, and shadow vampires.