View Full Version : Player Help Does ‘consistent spell’ exist or did I literally dream up a metamagic feat?

Malphegor
2019-04-07, 12:03 PM
Hi Playgrounders, I think I’m going insane, as I swear this feat exists but for the life of me I cannot find it in any book I have access to. I may have fallen asleep one day and imagined a D&D game that used it it seems.

Consistent Spell- a spell under this metamagic will always do half its maximum damage if it hits, meaning you do not need to roll damage dice. A Consistent Spell is cast as a spell of its normal level

I thought it was in Lost Empires of Faerun as some ancient way of spellcasting, but I’m drawing a blank looking through that.

I also thought it could be in Heroes of Battle as some way for soldiers to cast in unison with identical damage rolls, but not appearing in my pdf copy.

I really hope I’m not dreaming D&D stuff because man it would suck if one day i came to a game fully believing a whole class existed or something.

Palanan
2019-04-07, 12:14 PM
Looks like something very similar is on D&D Wiki (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Consistent_Spell_(3.5e_Feat)). You may have seen it there and then blearily recalled it some time later.

Not entirely sure what the real benefit of this feat would be, though. In the case of the summoning example, you’re only getting 3 summoned creatures instead of the worst-case scenario of 2, while giving up a reasonable chance of getting 5 or 6. That doesn’t seem worth a feat slot to me.

MisterKaws
2019-04-07, 12:18 PM
Looks like something very similar is on D&D Wiki (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Consistent_Spell_(3.5e_Feat)). You may have seen it there and then blearily recalled it some time later.

Not entirely sure what the real benefit of this feat would be, though. In the case of the summoning example, you’re only getting 3 summoned creatures instead of the worst-case scenario of 2, while giving up a reasonable chance of getting 5 or 6. That doesn’t seem worth a feat slot to me.

no, the chance is 2-4 so it's a perfect average value in that case.

Palanan
2019-04-07, 12:28 PM
You're right, my mistake on the math. English major. :smallsmile:

That said, still doesn't seem much of a benefit for a feat.

Malphegor
2019-04-07, 12:45 PM
I guess that’s it. Weird. Thanks!

Man I need to check some other stuff I thought was not homebrew and somehow internalised, haha