PDA

View Full Version : invocation help

jdizzlean
2019-04-07, 03:54 PM
is there a way to gain access to invocations w/o taking levels in warlock/dfa?

a feat?
an item?

really anything that isn't a class level :(

frogglesmash
2019-04-07, 03:57 PM
Take Leadership/Pay for a Hireling?

Thurbane
2019-04-07, 04:05 PM
Highly questionable, but The Codex Advocare is a magic book in Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (p.212), the grants the user a least invocation known. You need to read the book for 8 hours, then keep it as part of your gear. Essentially, once you've done this, it functions similarly to the Extra Invocation feat.

It would require some serious UMDing and a lenient DM, though.

jdizzlean
2019-04-07, 04:26 PM
unfortunately that requires you to have the ability to use invocations in the first place :(

but good find!

i was hoping to have the ability to use one w/o class levels in the first place.

Leadership is also a no go.

frogglesmash
2019-04-07, 04:27 PM
Why do need the invocation?

Thurbane
2019-04-07, 04:37 PM
unfortunately that requires you to have the ability to use invocations in the first place :(

That's what the UMD is for...

Like I said, would require a lenient DM.

jdizzlean
2019-04-07, 04:50 PM
Why do need the invocation?

it's complicated. I don't need it persay, but it'd be really beneficial, then since you have one, things like the above or extra invocation suddenly become a thing.

Thurbane
2019-04-07, 04:56 PM
I think you're out of luck: I can find PrCs that advance or add new invocations, but all require exiting invocations and/or eldritch blast to enter in the first place.

Would a 1 level dip into Warlock or DFA adversely affect the build?

frogglesmash
2019-04-07, 05:07 PM
Kind of a nuclear option, but you could manifest Fusion on a Warlock, then manifest Astral Seed, kill yourself, and resurrect as the you/warlock fusion. This method's pretty expensive, over the top, and requires a high Use Psionic Device Check.

jdizzlean
2019-04-07, 05:21 PM
I think you're out of luck: I can find PrCs that advance or add new invocations, but all require exiting invocations and/or eldritch blast to enter in the first place.

Would a 1 level dip into Warlock or DFA adversely affect the build?

unfortunately yes, i can get around it if i have to, and it's looking like i have to, but it's not the route i wanted to take

Kind of a nuclear option, but you could manifest Fusion on a Warlock, then manifest Astral Seed, kill yourself, and resurrect as the you/warlock fusion. This method's pretty expensive, over the top, and requires a high Use Psionic Device Check.

unfortunately this is for a low level game, but this might be interesting to build out anyways for funsies