PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Mad Scientist's Lab

JNAProductions
2019-04-07, 06:16 PM
Hm, yes, what is this shipment? Ooh, four dead orcs, very nice, very nice indeed! And a comatose spider, of the gigantic variety. Hm... Nothing too exotic, but it will suffice...

Spydorc
Large Monstrosity, Chaotic Evil
Armor Class 16 (Tough, Leathery Skin and Chitin)
Hit Points 114 (12d0+48)
Speed 40', Climb 40'

Strength
Dexterity
Constitution
Intelligence
Wisdom
Charisma

16 (+3)
18 (+4)
14 (+2)
8 (-1)
12 (+1)
8 (-1)

Skills Athletics +6, Acrobatics +8, Stealth +8
Senses Darkvision 60, Passive Perception 11
Languages Common, Orcish
Challenge ?
Spider Climb A Spydorc can climb any surface, even vertical or upside-down horizontal ones, without needing to make a check.

Web[ Walker/COLOR] A Spydorc ignores any movement penalties caused by webbing, and is treated as having Line of Sight to any creature within 60' on the same webbing as the Spydorc.

Actions
Brute Weapon Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to-hit, reach 10', one target. Hit: 2d10+3 bludgeoning or slashing damage.

Bite Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to-hit, reach 5', one target. Hit: 3d4+3 piercing damage, and the target must make a DC 15 Constitution save, suffering 4d6 poison damage on a failed save and becoming poisoned until the end of the Spydorc's next turn. No damage or condition on a success.

Multiattack The Spydorc makes two Brute Weapon attacks and one Bite attack.

[COLOR=#B22222]Bonus Actions
[I]Web (Recharge 5-6) Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to-hit, range 90', one target. Hit: 1d4+2 bludgeoning damage, and the target must make a DC 15 Dexterity save or become Restrained. They may free themselves by replacing an attack with a DC 15 Strength check.

So, this thread is simple. You give me a list of ingredients. I make a monster.

DeathIncarnate
2019-04-07, 07:27 PM
So, uhh, what can you do with this weasel, a stirge, and this wyvern stinger?

JNAProductions
2019-04-07, 07:37 PM
Blood-Sucking Weasel Of Torment
Small Monstrosity, Unaligned
Armor Class 13
Hit Points 33 (6d6+12)
Speed 30'

Strength
Dexterity
Constitution
Intelligence
Wisdom
Charisma

12 (+1)
16 (+3)
14 (+2)
2 (-4)
14 (+2)
10 (0)

Skills Stealth +5
Senses Passive Perception 12
Languages -
Challenge ?
Keen Smell A BSWoT has advantage on Perception checks related to smell.

Actions
Bite Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to-hit, reach 5', one target. Hit: 1d4+3 piercing damage, and the BSWoT attaches itself to the unlucky victim. Each round until the BSWoT is removed the target takes 2d4 points of damage from blood loss. The BSWoT may be removed with a DC 12 Athletics check, which can be made in place of an attack.

Stinger Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to-hit, reach 10', one target. Hit: 1d6+2 piercing damage, and the target must make a DC 12 Constitution save, taking 4d6 poison damage on a failed save and half on a success.

A simple task, a simple task indeed. I did end up importing a few extra weasels-sorta hammered them together cross-dimensionally. But, on the bright side, its stinger can reach out up to five times its body length! Truly a marvel, though I've yet to figure out how to get it to PREFER the stinger over simply latching onto someone and sucking their blood...

Oh, and the wings are vestigial. Sorry about that.

Crisis21
2019-04-07, 08:46 PM
...I read that first monster as 'spy dork'.

I've got a decapitated clydesdale horse, a liger, a venomous giant python, and half an ogre (the top half to be specific). Anything you can do with that?

Edit: Hey, I've got a second shipment here. Looks like a Tyrannosaurus Rex, a Stegosaurus, a Triceratops, an Apatosaurus (aka Brontosaurus), a dozen Quetzalcoatlus, and what looks like the internal organs of a Red Dragon.