PDA

View Full Version : Heart of Incarnum Question

Speeddemon87
2019-04-09, 10:48 PM
I've been looking into my Magic of Incarnum book lately and I've been wondering about the Heart of Incarnum feat. It's only available for some at late levels, but the hit points it can give might be useful. For a pure Incarnate build it can give about 30 hit points of tankiness at 20th level, though from how it reads it can be increased as your essentia pool increases. Now for most boosts, like soul boon or essentia gems, the gain is negligible. Perfect Meldshaper maxing everything out could make it more useful, though it's not a crazy boost for an ability gained at level 19 minimum. The biggest question I have is whether a Necrocarnate can boost their hp by the thousands using Harvest Soul tons. Is there any reason why that shouldn't work like I think it will?

magic9mushroom
2019-04-09, 11:31 PM
I've been looking into my Magic of Incarnum book lately and I've been wondering about the Heart of Incarnum feat. It's only available for some at late levels, but the hit points it can give might be useful. For a pure Incarnate build it can give about 30 hit points of tankiness at 20th level, though from how it reads it can be increased as your essentia pool increases. Now for most boosts, like soul boon or essentia gems, the gain is negligible. Perfect Meldshaper maxing everything out could make it more useful, though it's not a crazy boost for an ability gained at level 19 minimum. The biggest question I have is whether a Necrocarnate can boost their hp by the thousands using Harvest Soul tons. Is there any reason why that shouldn't work like I think it will?

Hmm. It's questionable whether Perfect Meldshaper actually gives you essentia (you could rule that it just overdraws), but the definition of essentia pool would seem to include essentia gained via Harvest Soul. So yeah, congratulations, you figured out a way to get thousands of HP by murdering hundreds of people per day at level 17-18 (heart chakra required, which necrocarnate gets at L18 and Incarnate with a dip gets at L17).