PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Thinking about what rogue archetype to multiclass into.

ActuallyGod
2019-04-10, 04:05 AM
Old character died to I'm building a new one. He's a Goblin Paladin 9 Rogue 3. My scores are 17 20 16 11 10 19(rolled well). At first I was gonna go Oath of Vengeance and Assassin but I'm wondering if something like Swashbuckler would be better.

Koo Rehtorb
2019-04-10, 05:14 AM
Goblins can't be paladins. And even a human paladin has a minimum required wisdom score of 13 anyway. A fighter or thief is probably a better bet.

Lalliman
2019-04-10, 06:11 AM
Goblins can't be paladins. And even a human paladin has a minimum required wisdom score of 13 anyway. A fighter or thief is probably a better bet.
What the hell are you talking about, 2nd edition? I'm pretty sure ActuallyGod is talking about 5th edition.

@ActuallyGod, you should move this to the subforum matching the intended edition. You can use the report button in the bottom left to request the mods to move it.

Man_Over_Game
2019-04-10, 10:10 AM
What the hell are you talking about, 2nd edition? I'm pretty sure ActuallyGod is talking about 5th edition.

@ActuallyGod, you should move this to the subforum matching the intended edition. You can use the report button in the bottom left to request the mods to move it.

He is. Oath of Vengeance is a Paladin subclass, and Swashbuckler is a Rogue subclass.

Agreeing with Lalliman, you'll get more results from moving this over to the 5e section.

As to the question itself, there's a lot of support for a Paladin to work with Swashbuckler, but almost no support for a Paladin to work with Assassin, mostly due to the fact that you cannot be Hidden against targets who can see you (which removes any melee stealth builds that don't rely on you attacking sleeping targets or you being invisible).