PDA

View Full Version : 3 PC Battle Arena

Balkash
2007-10-01, 09:08 PM
Alright, so my friends and I made up some battle area. basically its just an endless plane to fight on. the only rules are no running away. otherwise, its a fight to the death. Books: Core 3, LiMo, MM2 + anything SRD (give me a link maybe please?) The question is, how do i win?

We're all ELC 45 Characters, its kind of a clash of the titans.

Me: Good Lich, 13 Rogue/ 28 Wizard/ 8 Archmage

J: Human Deathknight, 10 Fallen Paladin/ 20 Blackguard/ 10 Cleric (death, evil, and something... cant remember that last domain)/ 10 Legendary Dreadnought

K: he hasnt made his yet, but he isnt my focus.

I am trying to figure out how to capture, or if not capture, kill J. He has amazing spell resistance (50's or 60's) and high HP (near 500). His saves aren't too good, and i am trying to think of an epic spell to create. Any ideas? Need more info?

brian c
2007-10-01, 09:12 PM
Um... Rogue 13 + Wiz28 + Archmage 8 = 49 levels, then there's the LA for Lich. That isn't a ECL 45 character.

Edit: And J's character has 50 levels too. Did you mean ECL 50, not 45?

JackMage666
2007-10-01, 09:17 PM
J: Human Deathknight, 10 Fallen Paladin/ 20 Blackguard/ 10 Cleric (death, evil, and something... cant remember that last domain)/ 10 Legendary Dreadnought

He's at least 50, too.

Command Undead. 2nd level spell. Boost it as much as you can, and then he's your puppet. You win.

Balkash
2007-10-01, 09:17 PM
ya. it makes sense. sorry

Balkash
2007-10-01, 09:19 PM
Command Undead. 2nd level spell. Boost it as much as you can, and then he's your puppet. You win.

Command Undead has SR, and J has about 58 SR.... ya.... not gonna happen.

brian c
2007-10-01, 09:23 PM
Command Undead has SR, and J has about 58 SR.... ya.... not gonna happen.

Assay Spell Resistance, Arcane Mastery (take 10 on SR-overcoming checks), and Practiced spellcaster to raise your CL. Funnily, I don't recall offhand what Assay Spell Resistance does, but I think it lowers SR by some amount. If you have Arcane Mastery and Practiced Spellcaster, you get a 50 on every caster level check. Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration boost that even more. SR 58 is no problem when you're an epic wizard (heck, just research your own epic spell for whatever the hell you want. You're an epic wizard; you win)

JackMage666
2007-10-01, 09:30 PM
Why the Rogue levels, anyway? Pack on effects that increase CL, and you'll punch through it like nothing. Remember, SR 58, when you're CL 49, that's just rolling a 9, without feats or anything.

Even as is, with your current CL of 36 (Did you take Spell Power from Archmage at all), give yourself Practiced Spellcasting (+4 CL), Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration (+4 CL for breaking SR total), and you're at.. 44. You'll make the check on a 14+. Robe of the Archmagi gives another +2 to break SR, so 46. Sickening Grasp, Reserve Feat in Complete Mage, gives you +1 on Necromacy Spells (Command/Control Undead), so you'd havea 47 for that purpose. So, 11+ breaks SR.

Or, like I said, trade out your Rogue levels for a Wizard PrC or something. Even if you trade 10 of them for Daggerspell mage levels (Complete Adventurer), you'll be in a MUCH better spot.

Balkash
2007-10-01, 09:35 PM
Spell Vulnerability
Planar Handbook on page 104
Target takes penalty on spell resistance equal to caster level.

nice.

JackMage666
2007-10-01, 09:37 PM
Now just Control/Command and you're set.

OverdrivePrime
2007-10-01, 10:17 PM
If you're looking for any arenas to do battle in, I've got a few I've put together that are pretty fun. They may be a bit constricting for your godling characters though...

Anyway, here's the link to my battle arenas. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58230) <-- clicky!

kemmotar
2007-10-01, 10:54 PM
There was a spell somewhere...killgore's firebolt(i think)that ignored spell resistance...just make an improved version of the spell and make him beg...

A weakness SR has is that it only works if you target him...remember you are a level 28 wizard...you can alter the fabric of reality as you please(thank you vaarsuvius:smalltongue: )...

Just make a volcano under his feet or an insanely large pithole while you fly around laughing...summon a couple of tarrasques and use a spell that does not affect him directly to hinder his play(a low level example of this is grease)...

Wizards can own anything...the fact that he has SR is completely irrelevant anyway:smalltongue: hehehe

Guy_Whozevl
2007-10-01, 11:05 PM
Get levels in Wizard, DweomerKeeper, Archmage and use Arcane Thesis to get cheap metamagic. You can also spam free wishes with supernatural spell, gate in titans, and use time stop/celerity cheese to easily win. Heck, as long as you win initiative, all you need is CL 20 to own stuff.
Or you can be Clericzilla with divine metacheese combined with the ton of nightsticks you can buy at your level. Just use anyspell and miracle to get random stuff to persist.

Link to DweomerKeeper

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20040522a

leperkhaun
2007-10-02, 12:32 AM
go sorc/wiz/ultimate magus.

Douglas
2007-10-02, 12:33 AM
Even as is, with your current CL of 36 (Did you take Spell Power from Archmage at all), give yourself Practiced Spellcasting (+4 CL), Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration (+4 CL for breaking SR total), and you're at.. 44. You'll make the check on a 14+. Robe of the Archmagi gives another +2 to break SR, so 46. Sickening Grasp, Reserve Feat in Complete Mage, gives you +1 on Necromacy Spells (Command/Control Undead), so you'd havea 47 for that purpose. So, 11+ breaks SR.
Assay Spell Resistance gives +10 against one chosen opponent you can see for a swift action and a 4th level spell slot and lasts 1 round/level. You now succeed on a 1. Add Quickened True Casting (Complete Mage) for another +10 for just one spell and Epic Spell Penetration if you feel like having some overkill.

SR needs to be quite a bit more above your level than that for it to start being hard to build a character to beat it.

GoC
2007-10-02, 09:59 AM
Seed: armor (DC 14). Factor: +96 additional armor bonus (+192 DC), burn 20,000xp (-200 DC), +20 against dispel effects (+40 DC)
Final DC: 46

Seed: compel (DC 19). Factors: stricter compulsion of any creature (ad hoc +11 DC), 1-action casting time (+20 DC), +50 to save DC (+100 DC), +20 against dispel effects (+40 DC), +30 to overcome spell resistance (+60), burn 20,000xp (-200 DC), 10d6 backlash (-10 DC)
Final DC: 40

Summon Great Wyrm Force Dragon
Seed: summon (DC 14). Factor: 1-action casting time (+20 DC), change summoned type to dragon (+10 DC), increase CR to 59 (+114 DC), increase duration to 100 rounds (+18 DC), burn 15,000xp (-150 DC)
Final DC: 26