PDA

View Full Version : Anastasia as a Character

Karnitis
2019-04-10, 03:26 PM
Title above. My wife is running a short campaign and we are all supposed to be Disney princesses.
Shut up. Disney owns Fox. It counts.

I've always loved the movie Anastasia, so I wanted my princess based off that. Given the context, I figured I would make a Warlock. That said, I don't know anything about making a Warlock, or anything real about Anastasia. So that said:

1) As a warlock, I get a Pact and a Patron and the two are unrelated in the decision-making process, right? As in, any patron can give any pact?

I also read up on Anastasia (through Wikipedia). It's actually pretty interesting in two regards:

Anastasia and her siblings were taught to view Rasputin as "Our Friend" and to share confidences with him. ... "All the children seemed to like him," Olga Alexandrovna recalled. "They were completely at ease with him."[25]

So it would make sense that, as a close family friend, Rasputin might teach Anya about otherworldly pacts. Shut up again. I'm aware you could make Rasputin a Monk or perhaps even a Cleric, but this is based off Disney.

Second:

The fourth grand duchess was named for the fourth-century martyr St. Anastasia, known as "the breaker of chains"[5] because, in honor of her birth, her father pardoned and reinstated students who had been imprisoned for participating in riots in St. Petersburg and Moscow the previous winter.[

So, assuming Rasputin taught her to made magical contracts, I was thinking Celestial Chainlock, as long as that's how Warlocks work in the first place. It helps that Chain helps w/ familiars, such as an albino fruit bat.

So my question is - is Celestial Chainlock a thing, should I do a different Patron given Rasputin is evil in the movie, or what other build would you suggest for Grand Duchess Anastasia?

I also welcome any communism jokes or communism builds.

Bjarkmundur
2019-04-10, 05:00 PM
This is amazing.

Why can't my wife run games where i can play a Disney princess that turns out to be a Warlock with an albino fruitbat :'(

Great Dragon
2019-04-10, 07:55 PM
So it would make sense that, as a close family friend, Rasputin might teach Anya about otherworldly pacts.
It's completely possible.
I kinda saw (movie) Ras as a Diviner Wizard that later took either Fiend Warlock (Tome?) to better enact his 'control' over those around him. Or GoO to explain his insanity.

So my question is - is Celestial Chainlock a thing, should I do a different Patron given Rasputin is evil in the movie, or what other build would you suggest for Grand Duchess Anastasia?

Celestial Warlock might be explained as Anna's connection to the spirits of her family.

You could even have it where the albino fruit bat is Bartok, and not only does he make comments related to the movie, he constantly compairs Anya to Ras for who is the better 'master'?