PDA

View Full Version : My new love: hill dwarf noble samurai

Particle_Man
2019-04-11, 12:29 AM
I finally broke down and got Xanathar’s book. I like the thematic combo of the honour bound dwarf, the honour bound samurai and the honour bound noble background. I think hill dwarf synergizes well with that wisdom save proficiency at level 7 too. Samaria Jarana, Warrior Princess! :smallcool:

Arkhios
2019-04-11, 12:21 PM
Although bearded, you might want this miniature:

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/372180300350_/DD-mini-DWARF-SAMURAI-Deathknell-Dungeons-Dragons.jpg

Literally a dwarven samurai.

...of course, if you are ok that dwarven women have beards, then it's just as perfect!

strangebloke
2019-04-11, 12:50 PM
I'm so used to threads talking about Samurai and elven accuracy that I completely forgot that samurai works totally fine with strength!

Man_Over_Game
2019-04-11, 12:53 PM
I'm so used to threads talking about Samurai and elven accuracy that I completely forgot that samurai works totally five with dexterity!

To be honest, Elven Accuracy wouldn't work if Samurai didn't.

One particular benefit of the Hill Dwarf using Dexterity is that you can ignore the penalty for not having enough Strength. You can rock Heavy Armor and slash people up with a rapier/longbow if you wanted.

Rukelnikov
2019-04-11, 02:56 PM
To be honest, Elven Accuracy wouldn't work if Samurai didn't.

One particular benefit of the Hill Dwarf using Dexterity is that you can ignore the penalty for not having enough Strength. You can rock Heavy Armor and slash people up with a rapier/longbow if you wanted.

The Hexlock union is gonna present a formal complaint on this argument.

Man_Over_Game
2019-04-11, 03:12 PM
The Hexlock union is gonna present a formal complaint on this argument.

Go Mountain Dwarf for +2 Strength. Grab 1 level of Hexblade. Go Conquest Paladin. Put an 11 into Strength (so you get 13 for multiclass purposes) and now you've got a Heavy Armor Paladin who only needs Charisma and Constitution.

Rukelnikov
2019-04-11, 03:23 PM
Go Mountain Dwarf for +2 Strength. Grab 1 level of Hexblade. Go Conquest Paladin. Put an 11 into Strength (so you get 13 for multiclass purposes) and now you've got a Heavy Armor Paladin who only needs Charisma and Constitution.

The union caters to all its members. Dwarves are welcome, and so are Helfs with Elven Accuracy, which make for a sizable part of us.