PDA

View Full Version : Musical Auditions! (Help with PrC Bard)

Starsinger
2007-10-01, 11:41 PM
So.. I want to do the Prestige Bard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigeBard) to clarify.. I want this to be done with as many sorcerer levels as possile.

And with the exception of 8 ranks in Perform, I can get the requirements from straight sorcerer... Is there a caster PrC I can dip into that gives perform as a class skill so that I can get my Bard on? I'd ask for classes, but a.) that would disrupt spell progression, and b.) because monk is the only other base class I know of with perform and that's a little wierd..

Although, if there's nothing else, I can take monk 1/ Sor 6 (BAB +3, unless there's fractional BAB involved... depends on the DM I guess) with Ascetic caster for Charisma to AC... probably take the Charisma to Will saves feat as well, might as well take advantage of that key stat..

Chronos
2007-10-02, 12:21 AM
b.) because monk is the only other base class I know of with perform and that's a little wierd.. Rogues, too, last I checked.

Starsinger
2007-10-02, 02:55 AM
Rogues, too, last I checked.

The problem is, two levels of rogue gets me like.. sneak attack. Two levels of monk gets me +3 to all saves, Wisdom (then Charisma via feat) to armor, evasion, improved grapple, and my choice of either combat reflexes or deflect arrows..

Although, like I said above, I'm trying to get into it with Sorcerer and if necessary a PrC dip, for the highest CL possible.

Kurald Galain
2007-10-02, 03:35 AM
The problem is, two levels of rogue gets me like.. sneak attack.
However, one level in rogue gets you eight ranks in perform, assuming you don't have an int penalty and you don't start with the rogue level.

Alternatively, consider three levels in human paragon.

Starsinger
2007-10-02, 03:39 AM
However, one level in rogue gets you eight ranks in perform, assuming you don't have an int penalty and you don't start with the rogue level.

Alternatively, consider three levels in human paragon.

One level is bard only makes my BAB +0, so I'll have to take an extra two levels of sorcerer before I can get in.. however human paragon has merit.

After looking human paragon over.. it's PERFECT! Thank you thank you thank you!