PDA

View Full Version : FORM FILLABLE SHEET! / Mythweavers

Thugorp
2019-04-11, 10:16 PM
So I am running a game at a convention in a couple of weeks and I am trying to make pre-gens. for the players to use.

I looking for a good form fillable sheet for 3.xedition. The thing is it has to be printable! I started making my characters on myth-weavers.com and got through two. But then I realized that you can't print out your character sheets from myth-weavers.

So, I have two questions for you all:

1. Does anyone know how to successfully print out a myth-weavers character sheet?(I would even pay to do so)

2. Is there a good printable form fillable sheet that isn't myth-weavers?

flappeercraft
2019-04-11, 10:22 PM
Pretty sure you could take screenshots of the sheet and do some cropping, then print the screenshots.

Elves
2019-04-11, 10:43 PM
I would use something more straightforward than a Mythweavers sheet for that. The 1-page design they used here (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dd/20060929a) isn't bad. If it's a 1 shot people only need to know options, not full build details.

Thugorp
2019-04-11, 10:46 PM
I am not sure if that will work, the pages don't seem to be quite standard length. One would have to zoom out until there were two pages on screen. then make the page full screen, then screen shot the, "sheet," in two batches, the split then images(via cropping) into four documents, then crop each document. then enlarge the documents(this is where I think one would run into problems with compression and readability) and then one would have to either combine the images into one document or just put each set of sheets into a folder for the character.

I was hopping for a bit of a better way. Though this is something I didn't think of, it deserves more thought.

Crake
2019-04-11, 10:46 PM
doesn't myth weavers literally have a printer friendly page? I've had players print off their myth weavers sheets before, try doing a print preview of the regular character page, I'm pretty sure it's good to go right out of the box

Thugorp
2019-04-11, 10:48 PM
If it has a printer friendly version I haven't seen it. BUT I had always thought there was. If you know how to find that PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me where you found that option!

Thugorp
2019-04-11, 10:49 PM
doesn't myth weavers literally have a printer friendly page? I've had players print off their myth weavers sheets before, try doing a print preview of the regular character page, I'm pretty sure it's good to go right out of the box

Trust me I have done, with print preview that is, It is not at all, "ready to go, right out of the box."

Thugorp
2019-04-11, 10:51 PM
I would use something more straightforward than a Mythweavers sheet for that. The 1-page design they used here (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dd/20060929a) isn't bad. If it's a 1 shot people only need to know options, not full build details.

I was hoping to run 1 session each day in a continueing arch that the players could come back to. It is an Indi-gaming con. So I thought... Sigil Prep. University!

The Kool
2019-04-11, 11:08 PM
Well I suppose this is a good a place as any to plug my own Google Sheets creation. It's not perfect, it's a work in progress, but it's usable. Despite being designed with some features for playing straight from the sheet, it was deliberately kept very printer-friendly. Some unusual features include: Carry weight encumbrance is calculated into your skill totals; spell slots for prepared casting populate (supposedly) accurately to how many you should have at each level; attack options can be written in on one of the back sheets and any 3 selected via dropdown menu on the front page. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. For example: The year is a hardcoded formula because my group has passage of time built in. Feel free to change or overwrite anything that you need to in your version, I made this to take the bulk of the work off the players' shoulders.

Go ahead, make a copy. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o_iMiV0g6MKVwaKJKYt8-bPRlD7ECb_ZWwN2M9JoBk4) I welcome all feedback, suggestions, and bug reports.

Crake
2019-04-12, 12:34 AM
Trust me I have done, with print preview that is, It is not at all, "ready to go, right out of the box."

I just did a print preview and it looked all fine. It doesn't have the black box headers to make it look like a "traditional" character sheet, but all the info is there, in pretty close to the same layout as a regular character sheet. It may look in the preview like some of the lines are missing and whatnot, but that's just a result of the preview trying to compact the detail of the page into a digital page, if you zoom in enough (not the same as the page scale mind you, don't mess with that or it won't fit on your page properly), you'll see they're all there, and when you print it, it's all fine.

Kesnit
2019-04-12, 04:02 AM

Mythweavers sometimes has problems if you use Firefox. It works fine in Chrome

Mr Adventurer
2019-04-12, 09:15 AM
Well I suppose this is a good a place as any to plug my own Google Sheets creation. It's not perfect, it's a work in progress, but it's usable. Despite being designed with some features for playing straight from the sheet, it was deliberately kept very printer-friendly. Some unusual features include: Carry weight encumbrance is calculated into your skill totals; spell slots for prepared casting populate (supposedly) accurately to how many you should have at each level; attack options can be written in on one of the back sheets and any 3 selected via dropdown menu on the front page. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. For example: The year is a hardcoded formula because my group has passage of time built in. Feel free to change or overwrite anything that you need to in your version, I made this to take the bulk of the work off the players' shoulders.

Go ahead, make a copy. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o_iMiV0g6MKVwaKJKYt8-bPRlD7ECb_ZWwN2M9JoBk4) I welcome all feedback, suggestions, and bug reports.

Cheers, I saved a copy. I'll break into it back at base.

Thugorp
2019-04-15, 03:11 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions. I finally reallized that since this is 3.5/3.x I can use a pathfinder sheet and just photoshop the logo. THANK YOU ALL!(yes I will have to add some skills)

The Kool
2019-04-15, 10:52 AM
If it's doing any calculations for you, be careful as half of them will be wrong! There's also a few other discrepancies like CMB/CMD, but on the whole it should work well enough.