PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Homebrew Design - Adventures and Campaigns

Yora
2019-04-12, 08:31 AM
The homebrew forum consists of threads about mechanics and character options, with worldbuilding threads having their own separate section, which I very much apprechiate as these are different audiences and this way lets easily find threats related to different areas of content creation.

I was thinking that I am not quite sure where a good section would be to have project threads similiar to the worldbuilding threads, but about the creation of adventures or campaigns. I feel like the general Roleplaying Games forum is more for general GM advice, but not so much bigger projects like some of the homebrew threads.
Perhaps the worldbuilding section could be expanded to include these and get prefixes for Aeventure and Campaign. Or make another sub-section of the Homebrew Design forum just for these.

Grey_Wolf_c
2019-04-12, 08:49 AM
I believe that, in general, adding subforums is a non-trivial, non-cheap affair that the mods need to carefully consider, and they'd prefer if we made use of the tag system they introduced so that we can sort of divide forums by topic, rather than create a full division. Maybe request a new tag, if one does not yet exist?

For example,a slightly similar suggestion from a while back was answered thusly:

Sheriff: Thanks for the suggestion. We'll add it to the list of things to consider. It seems unlikely, though. The content you suggest fits well enough within the general Homebrew umbrella. There's already an original system tag for use within that section. And in the last month there have been only 14 threads using that tag. There doesn't seem to be a problem with original system content being unfindable or overwhelming the current forum. Finally, while it probably seems an easy, cost-free thing to do to split off a subform, it actually has certain technical and other repercussions.

this way lets easily find threats related to different areas of content creation.

That's an unfortunate typo. I hope.

Grey Wolf

Roland St. Jude
2019-04-14, 10:45 PM
Sheriff: The prior answer helpfully quoted above pretty much covers it.