PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a name...

arkangel111
2019-04-12, 02:24 PM
So I need some help and figured I'd turn to the largest nerd forum I frequent. My baby IRL is likely to be born on Star Wars day (may the 4th). My wife has given me the chance to name the baby after Star Wars. There is a catch though. I can realistically pick any middle name I want, but, my other 3 kids have initials that follow the convention of DJ, DK, and DL. I would prefer the 4th one have the same idea with DM but i'm having problems finding something I like with an M beginning. So here I am, looking for a good middle name to go with Dianne or Dianna and preferably begins with M but not a necessity, and is from the star wars universe.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks.

Falontani
2019-04-12, 02:38 PM
Melody. It was a name popular in the sixties, and a name that recently hit top 150 most common female names two years ago.

Honest Tiefling
2019-04-12, 02:49 PM
...Mari? (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mari_Amithest) Yeah, a bit of a stretch but it sounds like a genuine name. Maz if you like the new trilogy, through to me that sounds like a modern day nick name.

I am going to assume that Maris is really off the table, let's not encourage that in people who know where we sleep.

The Kool
2019-04-12, 02:51 PM
Mara. As in, Mara Jade. Dianne Mara has a nice ring to it.

DEMON
2019-04-12, 07:35 PM
Mara. As in, Mara Jade. Dianne Mara has a nice ring to it.

+1 Seconded.

jdizzlean
2019-04-12, 07:40 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_characters#M

Maat Mons
2019-04-12, 08:02 PM
Go full-on meta. Give her the middle name May, since she's your fourth.

Albions_Angel
2019-04-14, 05:34 AM
Go full-on meta. Give her the middle name May, since she's your fourth.

Yeah! Then it can also be May as in Aunt May! You know, the mum of Wonder Woman in those Star Wars comics. The ones with Captain Kirk and his TARDIS, traveling round with that Jaffa, Gandalf! I loved the bit when Ripley puts on the invisibility cloak and says "May the force be ever in your favour, Mr Frodo" and then disappears. So epic.

Maat Mons
2019-05-07, 03:03 AM
Was the due date accurate? Or are you still expecting?

Particle_Man
2019-05-07, 12:55 PM
Maul. :smallbiggrin: