PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Subclass Wording Questions

Surrealistik
2019-04-12, 03:24 PM
Okay, finishing up a draft of my Shinobi rogue subclass for posting to the reddit DnD Workshop.

Right now, this is what I'm looking at:

https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HJ-eghXPFV

In particular I'm looking for feedback on the wording of Shinobi's Grace and Sudden Strike.

In the case Shinobi's Grace, if I want that half speed movement to be in addition to the standard movement allocated in a round, is it necessary that I either explicitly specify that movement is additional, or that it doesn't expend movement? Something like:

When you take the Disengage action, you can immediately move up to half your speed without expending movement. During this movement, you can stand from prone without expending movement, you ignore difficult terrain and you can move through enemies.

OR

When you take the Disengage action, you can immediately move up to half your speed in addition to your normal movement for this turn. During this movement, you can stand from prone without expending movement, you ignore difficult terrain and you can move through enemies.

On a related note, in the case of Sudden Strike, do I need to specify that you expend the movement during the action? For example:

In addition, you can use your action to attempt to move to a space adjacent to a creature you are hidden from, expending your movement as normal. If you do, you make a melee attack against it. You remain hidden during this action even while you're clearly visible until that attack resolves.