PDA

View Full Version : Armor of Agythis without warlocks

Aaedimus
2019-04-12, 05:46 PM
I love the spell, but needing to multiclass warlock to upcast it is a huge sacrifice.
Magic initiate doesn't allow upcasting.... do you know any other ways to grab it?

stoutstien
2019-04-12, 05:48 PM
I love the spell, but needing to multiclass warlock to upcast it is a huge sacrifice.
Magic initiate doesn't allow upcasting.... do you know any other ways to grab it?
Conquest paladin
Bard magic secret

Man_Over_Game
2019-04-12, 05:49 PM
Conquest paladin

And (Lore) Bards.

How the heck is a level 1 Warlock dip a huge sacrifice? SMH....

Aaedimus
2019-04-12, 06:00 PM
And (Lore) Bards.

How the heck is a level 1 Warlock dip a huge sacrifice? SMH....

Those spell slots dude, I like keeping the spell slots...

Shuruke
2019-04-12, 06:07 PM
For me its an rp thing to not dip warlock

Even though misty vision would've been awesome on my Loki inspired a.t
Just didn't like theatrics of it.

But then again patrons are generally used alot at our table as a means of putting characters in tight spots

Not in bad way, I just like not having a pact XD

Lore bard with armor of agathys , shadow of moil, and fire shield cold could b funny

The_Snark
2019-04-12, 06:07 PM
There's a variant tiefling from Unearthed Arcana (this one (https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA_FiendishOptions.pdf)) which offers Armor of Agathys as a racial spell once per day. I understand opinions are divided on whether this sort of racial spell ought to be castable via your regular spell slots as well; check with your DM before assuming, but it might be worthwhile to check. Even if not, the racial ability is upcast to 2nd level, which is better than nothing.

strangebloke
2019-04-12, 06:12 PM
Whine at the GM.

Rukelnikov
2019-04-12, 06:36 PM
Giant soul sorcerer

sulimo0310
2019-04-13, 02:23 AM
Levistus Tiefling from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes gives you this racially at 3rd lvl. Since you "know" the spell I believe you can cast this with your spell slots RAW, but some DM's take umbrage with this interpretation. As with anything ask your DM and YMMV.

Bjarkmundur
2019-04-13, 03:49 AM
Whine at the GM.

This method has a very high success rate, just ask my players xD

Talionis
2019-04-13, 04:52 AM
Conquest paladin
Bard magic secret

Add to this Wish spell.

DarkKnightJin
2019-04-13, 05:48 AM
Levistus Tiefling from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes gives you this racially at 3rd lvl. Since you "know" the spell I believe you can cast this with your spell slots RAW, but some DM's take umbrage with this interpretation. As with anything ask your DM and YMMV.

I'd allow it. They're still expending a slot for the spell. And it's a bit of temp HP with damage on a melee hit. If you can't deal with that, you might wanna pick up a trick or 2 from other DM's, I think.