PDA

View Full Version : Order Cleric multiclass dip

Aaedimus
2019-04-12, 05:57 PM
I think the Order Cleric's "providing an attack as a reaction" ability is awesome, and have been thinking about using it in a game im jumping into, starting at 10th level.

Right now, a Order Cleric 1, Shadow Sorcerer 9 is what im looking at.

The mechanical concept is almost playing as a God Wizard, but using metamagics rather than adaptation and while giving team-mates more attacks etc.

Twinning Polymorphs and Hastes, using the hound of ill omen to force disadvantage on dehabilitating saves.

Do you like the concept, or think che should be a more fun way of playing it?

We're playing the rise of Tiamat I think.... Hoard of the Dragon Queen??? One of the two...

stoutstien
2019-04-12, 06:03 PM
Personal build I like is order 2/ glamour bard 18. Has a very Rasputin feel

Aaedimus
2019-04-12, 06:07 PM
Glamour bard does look exciting...

Nhorianscum
2019-04-13, 08:37 AM
I think the Order Cleric's "providing an attack as a reaction" ability is awesome, and have been thinking about using it in a game im jumping into, starting at 10th level.

Right now, a Order Cleric 1, Shadow Sorcerer 9 is what im looking at.

The mechanical concept is almost playing as a God Wizard, but using metamagics rather than adaptation and while giving team-mates more attacks etc.

Twinning Polymorphs and Hastes, using the hound of ill omen to force disadvantage on dehabilitating saves.

Do you like the concept, or think che should be a more fun way of playing it?

We're playing the rise of Tiamat I think.... Hoard of the Dragon Queen??? One of the two...

Sorc1/Cleric1/Sorc X is an extremely strong build for BC and in the level range of this campaign it may be the best BC in the game. Have fun with it.

Feel free to load your list in the 3-5 spell level range as your starting pool of Sorc points and trash slots allows for some serious spell potency. We can cast at 5th level, 4th + metamagic/hound, or 3rd + hound + metamagic every fight at this point.

Aaedimus
2019-04-13, 02:11 PM
What's BC again?

I know you get the con saving proficiency if you start sorc, but I was thinking the armor proficiency might be more effective in the long run, preventing damage rather than providing better con saves...

Aaedimus
2019-04-13, 02:50 PM
So right now, the plan is:

Fierna Lineage Tiefling (Or Dispater?)

Dimir Guild background

Order Cleric 1
Shadow Sorcerer 9

Feats:
Actor
Infernal Constitution

Metamagics:
Subtle Spell
Twin Spell

Nhorianscum
2019-04-13, 03:24 PM
What's BC again?

I know you get the con saving proficiency if you start sorc, but I was thinking the armor proficiency might be more effective in the long run, preventing damage rather than providing better con saves...

Armor is part of why cleric 1 is just good on everything. Rocking 20-27 AC before magic items is pretty rad.

Getting the full level 1 Cleric list + 1st level domain spells added to spells known, and snagging some domain features is just delicious gravy.

BC = battlefield control.

Dimir is an odd choice mechanically.

Aaedimus
2019-04-13, 03:50 PM
If you add it to the Actor feat I chose, out of combat I now have some great abilities for subversion,

GM said I was sent from the King of Neverwinter to help the group save the world (I'm jumping into a pretty old game)

the RP aspect was to play him as someone who was sent from Ravinica to help quell any large events that would spill over from one realm to the other. Combining the Detect Thoughts/Disguise Self, (or charm person/ suggestion) with everything else would not me some basic spy/tricksy abilities out of combat, due to an underlying directive to gather information and find new agents for the organization.

The spells aren't auto-learned. I can just pick from them, so the lvl 1 Cleric spells are the only ones that I wouldn't have to replace one of the traditional Sorcerer picks for...

Im open to a different guild if you think it
might be better mechanically

Aaedimus
2019-04-13, 04:08 PM
Also, other than Haste, Hypnotic Pattern, Polymorph, Synaptic Static, Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Sickening Radiance, Dominate Person, Greater Invisibility, Thunderstep... What do you think would be done must take spells? I need to build some non-concentration balance

Nhorianscum
2019-04-14, 08:44 AM
Core here is

1: Cleric + Absorb
2: Suggestion/Or Pimage
3: Counterspell + Blast
4: Poly
5: Wall

You'll do just fine with core + flavor pics (6 open) Add fly if your party needs it.