PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Inspiration Domain (PEACH)

theVoidWatches
2019-04-12, 07:40 PM
Inspiration Domain
The gods of inspiration favor creativity and innovation. They rarely have religious sects, as they prefer their followers to forge their own paths rather than follow dogma.

Level | Domain Spells
1 | Bless, Heroism
3 | Aid, Enhance Ability
5 | Aura of Vitality, Crusader's Mantle
7 | Aura of Purity, Fabricate
9 | Creation, Skill Empowerment

Bonus Cantrip
When you choose this domain at 1st level, you gain the Guidance cantrip if you don't already know it.

Bonus Proficiency
When you choose this domain at 1st level, choose any one skill to become proficient in.

Inspired Knowledge
At 1st level, you can receive divine inspiration to guide you. You can add half your proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn’t already include your proficiency bonus.

Channel Divinity: Inspiration to Others
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to channel the inspiration you receive from your god to others.
As an action, you present your holy symbol and invoke the name of your deity. Each target of your choice within 30 feet receives a Divine Inspiration die, which is a d6. Once during the next ten minutes, each creature with a Divine Inspiration die can add their Divine Inspiration die to a skill check, attack roll, or saving throw. They can choose to do so after rolling the die, but before the DM tells them the result.

Divine Secrets
Starting at 6th level, your god grants access to magical powers unavailable to the uninspired. Choose two spells from any class, including this one. A spell you choose must be of a level you can cast, as shown on the Cleric table, or a cantrip.
The chosen spells count as cleric spells for you and are always prepared without counting against the number of spells you can prepare.
You learn two additional spells from any class at 17th level.

Potent Spellcasting
Starting at 8th level, you add your Wisdom modifier to the damage you deal with any cleric cantrip.

Improved Channel Divinity
Starting at 17th level, when you use Inspiration to Others, you also receive a Divine Inspiration die. Additionally, the Divine Inspiration dice are d7s rather than d6s.

Crisis21
2019-04-12, 11:46 PM
I like the feel of this subclass. It gives the Cleric some of the flavor of the Bard and a few spells from the paladin to go be a Big Damn Hero when you need to.

Some things I'd tweak: Have Inspired Knowledge work like Jack of All Trades, where it gives half proficiency on any ability check that doesn't already add proficiency, not just Skills (i.e. include Tools in its effect as well).

I wanna suggest giving them Expertise in something, maybe as a later level feature of Inspired Knowledge. Not much, maybe one or two Skills total.

Add an extra boost at 17th level. Something minor like increasing the Inspiration die of Inspiration to Others to a d10.

Get rid of the 'Divine Secrets (II)' thing. It's redundant since its effects are listed under 'Divine Secrets'.

Bjarkmundur
2019-04-13, 11:41 AM
This and the the "all gods" are my favourite clerics homebrewes. Ig feels like you made this specially for me, honestly xD
I don't want to lose this, I'm putting it in my sig.

Grod_The_Giant
2019-04-13, 12:35 PM
I'd reduce the inspiration die size. As is they're better than Bards at what's supposed to be the Bard's unique thing.

Bjarkmundur
2019-04-13, 03:08 PM
Is this actually balanced? Would my DM be OK with this?
It's a beautiful middle point between cleric and a Bard, and all I'm really sacrificing is the song of rest. :smallbiggrin:

theVoidWatches
2019-04-13, 03:55 PM
Not gonna give Expertise - there's no great place for it, and bards should keep something.

Inspired Knowledge is now copied from Jack of All Trades directly instead of just from my memory of it.

Inspiration to Others is now a d6 upgrading to a d8 at 17, rather than a d8 upgrading to a d12.

Bjarkmundur
2019-04-21, 08:47 PM
Can the inspiration be applied to saving throws, like the bard's can?

Do you know of any other cleric domain homebrewes I should check out?
Do you know any that have a "target all alies" channel Divinity, like this one and the life cleric does?

theVoidWatches
2019-04-21, 09:23 PM
It's only for skill checks and attack roles. I decided to leave saving throws for bards.

I'm afraid I don't. I rarely play clerics, so I don't pay a ton of attention to homebrewed domains.