PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder High LvL Cleric wanting to dip, need help!

OdinGOW
2019-04-13, 01:38 PM
Pathfinder Game - So I built reach cleric who is currently lvl 17, just levelled to 18 and now that I have 9th level spells I feel like I could get better options by dipping into other classes. I have 9th lvl pearl of power plus a homebrew ability that lets me reuse a spell 2/day any level so one more 9th lvl slot isn't as appealing as new class abilities.

Im specifically looking at Inquisitor and pychic warrior. I haven't found much on either via google. Everything talking about inquisitor is a full inquisitor dipping cleric not other way around and Im confused about being able to get an inquisition as an inquisitor. If I was an Inquisitor first wording says when I choose cleric I must make one of the domains same as inquisitor, but what about other way around? I already have 2 domains but now have an option to take an inquisition, so can I have the inquisition on top of the 2 domains? Otherwise the whole domain part of inquisitor is null which makes a big impact on my choice. Specifically was wanting to be Heretic Inquisitor with the persistence Inquisiton.

As far as phycic Warrior all my searches only seem to talk about pychic warrior builds, not dipping into pychic warrior.... Looking at weaponmaster or survivor paths, but Pychic Warrior wont really give a big boost till lvl 3, Tho basically same for inquisitor... It is quite possible our campaign will go above lvl 20. Looking at these two options specifically because im rocking a 34 WIS tho my STR is almost Equal so no need to concerned with things like using WIS instead of STR blah blah blah.

SO,
Inquisitor (Heretic) by lvl 3 = Judgement 1/day, WIS to Initiative/Bluff/Stealth, Stern gaze, Detect Alignment, Solo Tactics, Teamwork Feat

Pyschic Warrior (Weapon Master) by lvl 3= Bonus Feat x 2, Path Power, Trance= +1 hit/dmg, Maneuver= Immed action hit someone who attacks you and take 5' step which is huge for tactical combat interrupting full attacks and pounces.

Also my character has a minimum 15' reach going up to 35' with 1 rnd buffing and an activated ability. If I can get the inquisition I feel like inquisitor is no brainer possibly going phycic warrior after that... I like the Pyschic Warriors spell list and mode of casting better.

Was considering dipping Oracle as 1 more level will give me access to their lvl 10 curse ability, but they are Charisma based which is not my focus... Also, Ive been forced moreso into the buffer role, which is another reason I was looking at the teamwork feats. I just don't know..... What would be the best dip(s)?

JMS
2019-04-13, 04:41 PM
Psychic Warrior is on the table, so Psionics in general? How much channeling do you do?
If more than none, check out the Vitalist, so that you can use the collective for all sorts of healer fun!

upho
2019-04-14, 12:36 PM
Yes, you can have inquisitor inquisitions on top of your cleric domains as long as they all match with your deity's alignment/philosophy.

Since psionics are obviously included in your game, I guess Path of War is also allowed. If so, I'd recommend you take one level of Ordained Defender (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/warder/warder-archetypes/ordained-defender/) warder (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/warder/) and your two last levels in Battle Templar (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/prestige-classes/battle-templar/), netting you one additional level of cleric casting progression, Wis-based initiation which scales also with your previous cleric levels (unlike any casting/manifesting progression of another class), and superior action economy via Reach of the Divine's move action spell-buffing as a sort of capstone at 20th. This grants you far, far better and perhaps most importantly IMO far far more interesting options than three levels of any combination of Paizo classes can, including great melee combat versatility and active party defense abilities.