PDA

View Full Version : Metabreath Feats

tedcahill2
2019-04-14, 12:02 PM
So I've read the guides for the Dragonfire Adept and there's a lot of things in there about how to get a cheap breathweapon with a cool down, which in turn opens up metabreath feats, which in turn can be applied to your Dragonfire Adept breathweapon.

The official 3.5 FAQ states:
Can a dragonfire adept apply her breath effects to breath weapons other than the breath weapon gain from the dragonfire adept class? The dragonfire adept section assumes you have only that breath weapon when discussing breath effects. In the Sage's opinion, you would use the dragonfire adept breath effects only with the breath weapon granted by the dragonfire adept class.

The above seems like a solid argument to say that metabreath feats can only be used with the breath weapon that qualified you for the feat.

Zaq
2019-04-14, 12:06 PM
Even ignoring the non-official status of the FAQ, there’s a huge difference between class features only applying to abilities gained from the same class and feats only applying to abilities gained from one class.

Though to be honest, I stay away from metabreath feats in general. I find them underwhelming unless you’re stacking them stupidly high, in which case you’re just looping, and I rarely find loops fun. Just me though.