PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Fighter to Paladin Multiclass help

Marywn
2019-04-14, 09:33 PM
I have a lvl 7 fighter, which is an custom archetype that i really enjoy. The main thing here is the roleplay aspect, and The character itself is agnostic currently, and was a Military general untill current event transpired. They made an oath when they had meet the party, something they did out of desperation due to the lose they had suffered due to losing their entire former company and they didn't want the same thing to happen to others. But they have begun to feel the guilt of the selfishness of what they did, and I want to try and figure out ways to begin their multiclass, rpwise.

OracularPoet
2019-04-15, 12:23 AM
1st level paladin doesn’t get anything other than Divine Sense and Lay on Hands. RP-wise, you could ignore Lay on Hands for a while and pull out Divine Sense at key points to have you character’s mind blown.

saucerhead
2019-04-15, 08:00 AM
Well it kind of depends on a couple things.
Is he out of the military now? It would make sense to me. I think a rank of General was high for a 7th level character. The rank of Captain or Major seems more realistic. He could possibly get imprisoned after leading his company to their deaths and either side of the conflict could be the ones to put him in prison.
What kind of paladin did you want to play? You don't need to pick a God, but you will need to pick an oath eventually. The two that would seem to fit the best for a life changing trauma are Vengeance or Redemption. This transition happens while he is in prison. Now that he is out, he is either consumed with wanting personal justice or is thankful for a second chance and wants to keep others from repeating the his mistakes.
Or you could make a Conquest paladin that learned absolutely nothing redeeming in prison and is now even worse than when he went in.
I hope that helps a bit. Good luck with your character.

Marywn
2019-04-15, 09:05 AM
Well it kind of depends on a couple things.
Is he out of the military now? It would make sense to me. I think a rank of General was high for a 7th level character. The rank of Captain or Major seems more realistic. He could possibly get imprisoned after leading his company to their deaths and either side of the conflict could be the ones to put him in prison.
What kind of paladin did you want to play? You don't need to pick a God, but you will need to pick an oath eventually. The two that would seem to fit the best for a life changing trauma are Vengeance or Redemption. This transition happens while he is in prison. Now that he is out, he is either consumed with wanting personal justice or is thankful for a second chance and wants to keep others from repeating the his mistakes.
Or you could make a Conquest paladin that learned absolutely nothing redeeming in prison and is now even worse than when he went in.
I hope that helps a bit. Good luck with your character.

Yes, they have been out the military for some time, since level 4. It has been building and i wanted to do this so it natural for the multicalss. It is going to be a redemption Paladian, that was decided when i first though of this.