PDA

View Full Version : Extra Actions and Extra Attack

Phhase
2019-04-15, 02:28 AM
The Extra attack ability description reads "Every time you take the attack action, you may make (x) attacks." Does this mean that if you have multiple actions, such as from Haste or Action Surge, that each separate attack declaration creates Extra Attacks, since each is a separate "Attack action"? That is, If one has Extra Attack x1, then attacks with their primary action, attacks with a Haste action and attacks with an Action Surge action, do you make six attacks or four?

The answer seems blindingly obvious to me, but I just want to be sure, because it seems powerful.

Galithar
2019-04-15, 02:31 AM
The Extra attack ability description reads "Every time you take the attack action, you may make (x) attacks." Does this mean that if you have multiple actions, such as from Haste or Action Surge, that each separate attack declaration creates Extra Attacks, since each is a separate "Attack action"? That is, If one has Extra Attack x1, then attacks with their primary action, attacks with a Haste action and attacks with an Action Surge action, do you make six attacks or four?

The answer seems blindingly obvious to me, but I just want to be sure, because it seems powerful.

If you have extra actions, as from action surge, yes you can take a full attack action with extra attacks. Haste however specifies that it's action can only be used for a single weapon attack.

So the answer is neither 4 or 6 it's actually 5.

2 standard attack action
2 action surge action
1 haste extra action