PDA

View Full Version : Forest Setting sub-quests (Lvl 6-9)

Siannodel
2019-04-15, 04:27 AM
Hi, the party i'm mastering (composed by 7 players) is going to pass through a very big forest divided in half by a river, both sides are guarded by a Druidic Order tied to a specific animal.
The southern portion of the forest is protected by the druids tied to the Great beast (animal spirit) of the Tiger, while the northern portion is protected by the druids tied to the Great beast of the Gorilla.
Both factions lived in harmony with each other and with the communities that lived just outside the forest
Recently the gorillas have become increasingly aggressive and isolationists, something corrupted the great beast and, in return, the whole druidic order tied to it.
They destroyed villages on the edge of the forest and repeatedly clashed with the tiger druids, warding them out of their territory with powerful magic
The Tigers asked for help and here's where the players come in, they will be sent into Gorilla controlled territory to find and eradicate the corruption.
The course i plotted is very straight and i was looking for some things to keep the players occupied and to justify the rise from roughly lvl 6 to lvl 9

I am open to any idea, whether or not it affects the main mission of the players

paddyfool
2019-04-17, 03:27 AM
Search and rescue: Someone's child was taken by the gorilla druids.

Fending off the vultures: Another threat has appeared, emboldened by the schism between the two groups of druids. Dissuade them from causing further trouble, by force if necessary.

Spreading corruption: a tiger druid has been acting oddly. Investigate how he became corrupted and try to stop / contain the spread.

Mindking Kong! A kaiju sized gorilla thrallherd was the root of the problem all along. Help the tiger druids to defeat him while trying not to kill or seriously harm his druidic thralls. Possibly with the help of a kaiju sized tiger. Note that as 9th level characters, you probably cannot take him on alone. (Apologies to movie lovers everywhere and to DC comics).

redwizard007
2019-04-17, 06:29 AM
Corrupted Fae. Dryads, satyrs, nixies. Any or all of them could become either more aggressive or endangered. Both options could side track the PCs. So could beasts of the forest. There could be a demonic presence using the chaos from the corrupted spirit as an opportunity to cause some havoc. Vengeance from locals (or landed nobility) against the rampaging druids is another good option. Don't forget about green dragons.

Siannodel
2019-04-17, 10:07 AM
Nice ideas, Thanks