PDA

View Full Version : Help needed naming this movie

bigbaddragon
2007-10-02, 11:18 AM
Ste story of the movie takes place in Africa (I think) and it begins when a Bushman finds an empty bottle of coca cola that was dropped by some irrelevant guy flying over in his piper or cessna plane. The Bushman takes the bottle to his tribe and suddenly each and everyone member of his tribe finds it useful in some way so pretty soon they begin to fight over the bottle. Realizing that he brought misfortune to his village the Bushman who brought the bottle declares that the bottle is evil and sets away on a journey to throw the bottle from the edge of the world ....

This would be the beginning of the movie as I recall it. The movie itself is pretty old I think (I remember watching it when I was just a kid), about 20 years or even more, I don't know for sure. Some of the other characters that appear in the movie would be a male doctor/scientist which studies wild animals (most of the funny scenes are related to him), a female teacher that is coming to the nearby settlement (the good doctor is the one that is in charge of bringing her to the settlement, falls in love with her and always acts like he has no control over his legs and arms when she is around), doctor's african friend .... There were also some bandit guys whose fates intertwined with the other characters in the movie.

So .... anyone has an idea what movie am I talking about?

Telonius
2007-10-02, 11:19 AM
The Gods Must Be Crazy.

Winterwind
2007-10-02, 11:19 AM
Sounds like The Gods Must Be Crazy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gods_Must_Be_Crazy).

EDIT: Ninja'ed! :smallbiggrin:

bigbaddragon
2007-10-02, 11:24 AM
Yeeeeees thats it. Btw that was really fast. Thanks guys :smallsmile: