PDA

View Full Version : The Theater of Troubleshooting, Part I

ShadowImmor
2019-04-15, 05:17 AM
((OoC: The Part I is because I'm hopeful this game may last some time.))

The City of Crimton is mostly quiet. It's midnight. You have all arrived in the City this evening, and are able to do what ever you would like. There is a tangible air of pressure over the city, that once you arrive you immediately begin to feel, and can only assume it is what you need to deal with.

The city itself has many winding alleys and several different Districts, and depending on how you choose to arrive, you will end up in a different District. There's the High Rise District where all the expensive homes are, the Financial District where all big skyscrapers are, the Theatre District and the Docks district. Most of these districts are considered "the old town", where Crimton grew up. There's an Entertainment District, filled with nightclubs and restaurants and cinemas. A Slums District and a Suburbs District, both of which have various entertainment areas.

How do you decide to arrive?

What do you do with your evening?

Kat_the_Cat
2019-04-15, 08:54 PM
Alyssia, Gangrel (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1876320)

The night was still young when the roar of the engine from Alyssia's bike resonated loudly. She was riding into Crimton and decided to get a "feels" from the people in this town. Something was off like a picture you see but remember many details that quite don't match. The pressure was heavy and if someone could give info was to be the people who live in the night beside the kindred. She was heading towards the biggest club she could find while thinking about her mission; Deal with the Lupins treaths and restore the air of omen that linger there.

Her search was short as she found her target; a loud and big nightclub bustling with humans. She parked her bike nearby and heads towards the club, hoping she will be able to enter without too much issues. She knew how to enter these clubs; she lowered her top to show additional cleavage and head towards the door thinking.

"Mans and their love for skin, so easy to use this to her advantage".

As she reach the bouncers she used her charm to try passing throught, skipping the line. "Hey boys, hope I'll be able to see you inside. So much good looking guys wasted on door duty." as she winks to the better looking of them.

Seduction on Bouncer
Appearance + Subterfuge (5d10)[3][2][9][1][3]

Dark Seeker
2019-04-15, 10:39 PM
Arthur arrives by car, his ghoul April driving the expensive Ashton Martin into Crimton. They have come from London, where Arthur was enjoying a brief visit with his sire and rare moment of relaxation when he had received instructions to head here. He probably could have refused, but he found keeping active was the best way to stave off the ennui so many of his kind felt.

He had only a limited experience with Werewolves, a healthy attitude as he saw it, but one does what one must. Any designs they had on the city he would frustrate. And part of him, the part beneath the designer suit and flawless appearance, did crave the challenge.

His first stop was to be the Financial District, where he was to meet with a few of the kine powerbrokers he would be utilizing during his time here. It was easy for him to pass himself off as the old money type, and if that failed to assure their cooperation he would just dominate them. While he was doing that, his two ghouls would see to arranging a residency in which he may sleep the day away. It needed to be both comfortable and secure, but he had little doubt they'd take care of it.

Lastly, he had been told he would meet with other kindred at a later time. It would be nice to have a team when dealing with lupines, and he looked forward to getting a feel for them as well as the rest of the kindred community during his upcoming meeting with the primogen.

He is silent during the trip, studying a copy of the morning Crimton paper, attempting to parse the news for anything of interest to his kind.

ShadowImmor
2019-04-16, 04:25 AM
Arriving in the city, you notice the thundering of vehicles and cars and raucous parties and clubs. Heading to one such club, you are let in. There is pounding bass and a large number of people dancing, the club has several floors, each one with a room dedicated to different music. You can almost feel the movement of the crowd and the pressure to have a good night out weighing down on these people. It's mostly dark in here but there is enough light to see people around you, and flashing lights and spotlights to keep attention focused where it needs to be. There is even a VIP floor which you spot but would require quite something to access.

The newspapers unfortunately don't mention anything that you could immediately tag as "supernatural". There's been a few break ins, apparently there has been a rash of them over the last few days, one at a bookshop (where it seems nothing was taken) another at personal residence where several items of jewellery were stolen. You read about the Mayor finding a new financing partner to help combat homelessness and get people into accommodation. This is accompanied by a picture of a squat man with a bowler hat and a simple moustache talking to reporters, with caption "Mayor finds Bankrolling partner" but no mention of a name or picture of this alleged partner.

Dark Seeker
2019-04-16, 01:57 PM
Arthur takes note of the bookshop burglary.

Nothing taken, unlike the others. Nosferatu involvement?

He also memorizes the mayor's new business partner and intends to be on the look out for him when he meets with the Prince and Primogen.

Speaking of such, he was enough of a traditionalist to still hold to the traditions,and he felt it best to meet with the prince as soon as possible, the better to avoid any misunderstandings in the future. Placing the paper down, he addresses April.

"Change of plans, Ms. Ryan. We're heading to the Prince's domain. I wish to announce myself."

ninjabot
2019-04-16, 04:53 PM
Kira drives in Crimton at exactly the speed limit. She knows better than to draw attention to herself, at least until she's had a chance to present herself to the local bigwigs. Great. They were just starting to tolerate me around London and now I'm sent over here to start all over. She thinks. I'd really rather not sleep in my trunk again, but I should go introduce myself first. Gotta play by the rules and all.

After crossing from the highway into town she makes as close to a beeline as possible for Elysium to introduce herself.

Kat_the_Cat
2019-04-16, 08:51 PM

While enjoying herself at the club she decided to start asking discreetly to the dancers and drinker about unusal stuff and who was the owner of the club. Her method usually consist and moving around until she notice someone ineterested in her and follow on it. As for the drinker, just hanging at the bar and looking around is enough to start conversation.

After 2 hours of info digging she leave the club and decided to go to the Elysium.

While driving she strated thinking; "Never be there on first light of the moon, they always ask question about the early waker. This info digging and clubbin is just what was needed to start that night. That and go feed after the Prince gave his permission."

[QUOTE=Kat_the_Cat;23850508]
Manipulation + Street wise ?
(3d10)[6][10][10]

ShadowImmor
2019-04-17, 05:45 AM
You all receive a text, without warning. It simple states -

46 Coign Way. - AC

When you arrive at the building, the door is closed, and there it a light illuminating the door, hanging from above, drawing your eye to it. As the first of you arrives, you knock to no answer, as the second arrives the same. Once the third and final person arrives, the door opens, leading to a nice entrance way, carpeted and clean, with a mirror on one wall, it looks, for all intents and purposes like a lived in home.

For lack of anything else to do, you enter the building, and here a soft, slow, deliberate voice call from one of the reception rooms.

"Please, do wipe your feet before you come in, and remove your shoes, then join me in here. There are slippers if you would."

True to the voice's word, there are several pairs of clean mule style slippers next to an empty shoe rack.

((Please not whether you do as instructed in your reply))

As you enter the lounge, the first thing you notice is a table hexagonal table that is designed to it focusses the attention to everyone sitting at it at one chair. Sitting in that chair is a slim man with a slightly larger than average nose, and slicked down hair. He has a very faint smile playing at one side of his mouth, but other than sits motionless.

There are three seats prepared at the table on the opposite end to this gentleman, he says nothing, just watches what you do.

Kat_the_Cat
2019-04-17, 06:57 PM

"46 Coign Way - AC" She repeated the message in her head and was trying to remember if the Prince or the Contact was going by AC... to no avail. As she drive to the house, she saw nobody there yet. Knocking was ineffective and she decided to wait for a while.

As the others others arrives she greets them with sincerity and introduces herself (Only as Alyssia). As the door still opens or somebody comes she had small talk with that first person until the second arrived.

*door opens and we get invited*

As asked, she wiped her boots before entering and did changes into the offered slippers. As she enter the room and saw the arrangements, she bow her head to the man; "Good night to you sir". She then proceed to sit down to the middle chair.

ninjabot
2019-04-17, 06:57 PM
Kira shrugs when the door doesn't open, doing her best to not look suspicious as she leans against the building. As the others arrive she gives them a once over before shrugging and heading into the house. Everybody's gotta try and pull the creepy ambiance factor. Don't they ever get tired of posturing? She thinks as she wipes her feet and kicks off her boots, placing them onto the shoe rack and slipping on whichever pair of slippers looks closest to her size.

She doesn't quite bow as she enters the lounge, but she gives the man a nod and moves toward the left hand chair, waiting until one of the others touches whichever chair they take before sitting down (or not sitting down if no one takes a chair). "Good evening. May I ask who we have the pleasure of speaking to?"

Kira will have heightened senses active. Is there a mirror in the lounge? And if so does the man sitting at the table show up in it?

Dark Seeker
2019-04-17, 10:49 PM
Arthur arrives and greets the others, offering a polite if distant introduction. Dressed in a crisp suit and wearing a pair of designer glasses, he looks about a much like a stereotypical Ventrue as one can.

He allows the women to go in first, then follows, slipping off his shoes as instructed.

Odd instructions. Our host is obsessed with cleanliness. Malkavian, perhaps.

He also sits and waits for the man to introduce himself.

ShadowImmor
2019-04-18, 07:40 AM
The man waits for you all to be seated.

"Alyssia, Arthur, Kira." He indicates each of you as he says your names. "I am Adrian Colpovole, Sheriff of Crimton. The Prince has asked me to welcome you and discuss with you your task. Which is fairly simple, we have a Werewolf problem within the city, and as such the Camarilla in their infinite wisdom have sent us... you."

The almost imperceptible smile he had fades.

"Each of you have proven yourself capable and as such are 'on loan', so to speak from your homes to aid us during this time. I have a little background on each of you, but I would like to ask you all, what is it you feel you can bring to this Wolf hunt?"

ninjabot
2019-04-18, 10:44 AM
Kira shrugs. "Seek and destroy, yeah? Never been much of one for politicking, and I wouldn't want to try and take a whole pack on at once, but stick a sliver of silver between their ribs and they drop pretty fast." She says, keeping her tone neutral but wondering what kind of background he might have.

Dark Seeker
2019-04-18, 01:13 PM
Arthur removes his glasses and cleans the lens as he speaks, his voice soft and dispassionate.

"I have spent most of my time since my embrace fighting the enemies of our sect. The Sabbat, primarily, but I've encountered the wolves now and again. That I am speaking with you tonight should tell you that I know a thing or two about combat, both the act itself and in the tactical sense. In my experience, werewolves are more in touch with their animalistic side. This makes them predictable, and that is the bane of strategy. With a little push we should be able to manipulate them into a predictable pattern of action and deal with them accordingly.

"I also possess financial resources and a certain degree of influence among the kine, so I can pressure the wolves on that front as well. There is more than one way to win a battle."

He puts his glasses back on.

Kat_the_Cat
2019-04-18, 05:09 PM

She learn a bit foward and look into Adrian eyes; "Well, I spent decades of the new continant, honing my tracking skills and learning to survive in a hostile environment, we travel throught most United States and Canada with my Sire and..."

She stop a moment before continuing as she start to fiddle with a brand of her hair; "another child of his. We want throught Lupins, Sabbat, Cam and even some more occult creatures there. I also double as a good fighter if it come to it and am a Lore Seeker about pretty much anything supernatural. I am well knowledgeable in the supernatural part of our world."

She sit back into the chair crossing her leg and posing her arms on the armrest of the chair. "Hope it helps you to have a better view of the help send to you" She then bow her head with a small smile to him.

ShadowImmor
2019-04-19, 08:16 AM
Adrian looks at each of you as you speak.

"If you are all that confident in fighting wolves I can only assume you have not met true wolves, but merely their children."

He steeples his hands.

"Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer, yet you all seem to have plenty of it. I will be amused to see how this plays out."

His head tilts slightly.

"You may go and begin your investigation, there are very few areas within the city that the Wolves come, but they would perhaps be found outside the city. As sheriff, I give you the right to feed in the Financial District, the Entertainment District and the High Rise district. I assume you have all prepared havens? If not, then I would certainly get on that sooner rather than later..." he glances at his watch. "As you only have seven and a half hours until sunrise. You are all dismissed."

ninjabot
2019-04-19, 05:03 PM
Kira shrugs again. "Maybe all I've seen are babies, but I'm not the one who's let my city get bad enough that outside overconfident children had to be sent in to clean it up. It's easy to talk about overconfidence when you're sitting behind a desk." She says, standing.

She turns to the others "You can reach me at [burner flip phone number]. I think I'll go and take advantage of our new hunting rights before we get started in earnest." She says before stepping out of the lounge and putting her boots back on and leaving.

Dark Seeker
2019-04-19, 10:05 PM
Arthur's face remains impassive, but inside he fumes. He's not accustomed to being treated like a neonate errand boy. He's spent the last century fighting one battle or another. Being dismissed by some bureaucrat who failed at their main responsibility was... unwelcome.

He rises to his feet. "A pleasure, Sheriff Colpovole. I am eager to demonstrate to you the difference between overconfidence and quiet certainty. Obviously the matter shall be dealt with as quickly and quietly as possible. I am sure you do not wish the local kindred population to lose faith in your abilities to keep them safe."

He turns to Kira. "Ah, Ms. Kira? I am heartened to see that you are also not one to be put off by the mere mention of Wolves. I am sure that if you were sent here you have some degree of skills that shall make our job easier. I believe we should all pool our efforts and work together." He gives his number.

"In addition, I will be taking haven in the financial sector of the city. Both of you, do feel free to stop by at anytime. "

He also prepares to leave, intending to head to the new haven his ghouls had arranged for him.

Though I see now I put no points in haven.:smallsigh: Hopefully resources 3 is enough to find a place suitable for his efforts.

Kat_the_Cat
2019-04-20, 03:35 PM

"A sheriff who acts like a Prince, interesting. Usually the Sheriff is the one who is the most fun to talk to..." she tought to herself. As she take the number of her partners as she gave her, she turn to Adrian. "I thanks you for your time. I hope that all the information you have on these incidents can and will be sent to us the soonest." She stands up, bow to Adrian and the others.

As Arthur share his plan for his haven, she remembered that she will be needing of such a place. "We shall feed and lodge ourself tonight. Shall we set our meeting tomorrow as we can comfy around?"

She then head towards the Entertainment District to feed, as she need more blood than having fun with them she decided to hunt for blood than play with her food.

Dice rolls for feeding (Hunting)

(7d10)[4][9][6][2][6][1][4]

Dark Seeker
2019-04-20, 08:14 PM
After saying goodbye to the rest of the newly formed coterie, Arthur calls his ghouls and heads to inspect the haven they had arranged for him. Assuming everything checks out, he slips into his bedroom and changes clothes, removing the designer suit for a British army officer's uniform. The uniform came complete with a few medals from service in Iraq and Afghanistan, though of course he had served in neither. But given the peculiarities of his palette, it was important to present the image that he had. Arthur felt no guilt over this, because he had long ago rationalized the art of feeding. And even if he had, it was not like he was being truly dishonest; he had served the crown himself a long time ago.

Although he had learned to never say that he had "served the crown." Most kine found it strange, for reasons that slightly eluded him.

Having gotten changed, he leaves his ghouls to finish setting up his haven and hails an Uber, instructing them to take him to one of the Legion Clubs in the areas of Crimton he was permitted to feed in. He found these clubs quite useful, being societies for veterans as they were. There he would introduce himself and set about finding a meal for the night, without using his Vamperic powers if possible; Arthur knew he would have to blend in and not raise suspicion if he intended to keep using the club as a feeding ground.

ninjabot
2019-04-21, 02:20 PM
Kira heads into the night, parking near the entertainment district and slipping into on foot. She takes he time, enjoying the feeling of stalking her prey before cornering her target in an alley and taking enough blood to leave him lightheaded without sending him to the hospital.

After feeding she begins to look for a nice secluded haven, ideally an abandoned basement or warehouse, but failing that somewhere that she can park the car to sleep in the trunk without only having one thin layer of steel between her and the sun. I at least have that body bag in there for a bit of extra protection if I can't find anything, but it'd be real nice to set up a semi-permanent camp somewhere. She thinks during the search.

I'm assuming that with the 7 successes on the stalking roll in the OOC thread Kira's going to do okay on the hunt.

For the haven search/basic securement of an out of the way haven I'm thinking Wits+Survival, so that's what this dice pool is based on, but if you want me to use a different pool that's cool too.
[roll0]

ShadowImmor
2019-04-23, 08:50 AM
You all manage to find somewhere to sleep away the day, after having fed and sorted yourselves out.

The next night comes almost too quickly, and you all awaken at your usual times, ready to start your investigation and meet up.

The night air is warm, and there are plenty of places to explore, but perhaps the woods and less urbanised areas beyond the city limits may be a good place to start, if you want to meet with the Wolves straight away, or if your would prefer to discover what has been going on, you can seek out other Kindred, or wait for them to find you, or you could look at newspapers, the world is your figurative investigative oyster.

((OoC: If you wish to do anything during the extra hours you may have awake, please send me a message or Spoiler tag it in here))

Dark Seeker
2019-04-23, 02:05 PM
Arthur spends the rest of the night schmoozing with his fellow veterans, building the connections that will hopefully enable him to feed off of them for his time here. He then returns to his haven, briefly tours it, and retires for the evening.

The next night, Arthur calls the other two members of his coterie.

"Good evening. I trust your first night in Crimton passed without incident?

"As to our mission, we have frustratingly little to go on. The local sheriff seems content to throw us to the wolves... ah, that was a pun. For now, I suggest our main focus to be on gathering information to assist us in our mission. To that end, one of us should spend some time in each of the three districts we have been granted feeding rights to. No doubt our arrival will have been noted by the local Kindred, and we will meet a broader spectrum of the populace. This will allow us to gain abetter understanding of the situation here and what our next move should be.

"Are there any objections? If not, I shall take the Financial District."

ninjabot
2019-04-23, 09:33 PM
After getting her haven secure Kira will spend the remainder of time before dawn running searches on her phone about things that might lead them to the werewolves. She doesn't expect to find a whole lot, but you never know what might turn up online.
Intelligence+Investigation [roll0]

Kira answers Arthur's call almost immediately. "That's not a bad idea, but I don't think the locals are particularly likely to speak openly to me about these kinds of things. I was thinking about starting at the city outskirts and seeing if I can find any clues about where the wolves might be holing up or how many we might be dealing with." She pauses for a beat before continuing in a lower tone. "I've got no intention of picking a fight before we have a plan, but unless you've got something specific to point me at I think my skills will be better used there."

Kat_the_Cat
2019-04-23, 11:44 PM

Alyddia will spend the early hours browsing throught the newspaper then online at a cafe internet looking for anything that is out of the ordinary or even maybe supernatutal.
Also does Adrian send a list like asked or does he not?

Alyssia was browsing at the cafe when she got the phone call. She got out then amswer to Arthur: "You seems reliable, i will leave to you to try and contact some of us here while i will join Kira on the outskirts. The Wolfs can be deadly if they surprised us. That way we can get each others back."

She then call Kira and set up a meeting towards the biggest green around town.

ShadowImmor
2019-04-24, 07:16 AM
You begin exploring the Financial District, it still has some activity. There are some of the Financial Buildings with lights on and you can see a few traders still working late into the evening, the streets themselves are fairly quiet, you pass the odd couple of person, or smaller group, but no large groups.

There are a few cars driving around, but it is quite clear that the Financial District is not terribly busy at night.

During your exploration you begin to notice that there is a dog following you.

As you head towards the outskirts of town, you notice gardens getting bigger and buildings getting larger too. There is more space so it is easier for people to have larger homes. Eventually the buildings all start dropping off, and the air begins to feel cooler without all the buildings to shelter you. You've headed to the north of the city, as that is the direction of Crimton Woods, which would be as good a place as any. As you leave the City Limits, you notice a Raven is following you.

Dark Seeker
2019-04-24, 01:55 PM
"Not at all, Ms. Ridire," Arthur tells Kira. "You know your strengths better than I. Call if you learn anything, and I shall do the same."

At the financial district he blends in easily, accustomed to fitting into such an environment in a dozen different cities. He was musing about the idea of posing as a wealthy client and getting his hooks into the sector so that he could learn more information about the kine and the kindred machinations that took place behind them when he noticed the dog. Well, that would do.

Casually Arthur turns to face the dog and kneels down. If the mutt allows he will scratch it behind its ears, leaning in close to give the impression he was cooing over it. Once he's close enough he speaks.

"Are you a ghoul? Or one of ours, perhaps? There's no need for such subterfuge; as a newcomer to Crimton I would be very interested in having a chat."

ninjabot
2019-04-24, 08:51 PM
Are Kira and Alyssia walk out towards the woods Kira does her best to stay out of any direct light. As they move away from the city she pulls out a pair of sunglasses before activating eyes of the beast so as not to cause undue suspicion in anyone that they come across. When she notices the bird she looks puzzled for a second. "Are ravens nocturnal?" She asks nonchalantly, pulling out her phone and flipping it open.

*I doubt that's a regular animal, but I can't talk to them if it is. Can you?* She texts to Alyssia. *I'm pretty sure I can find something to knock it out of the air with if it comes down to it.*

Kira will have both eyes of the beast and enhanced senses active

Kat_the_Cat
2019-04-24, 09:51 PM

She was walking wiyh Kira towards the woods; "Normal or not, it's here that most of the diseapperance happens, let's be careful."
She also bring out sunglasses and activate Eye of the Beast. As she look around she also notice the raven following them.

As she was about to answer Kira's question she received her texts. *I can try but it will need to come closer and attack it only if he becomes hostile. It can be one of us, a servant of even a scout from the wolfes. Let me try something*

She turned around making no one was within the vicinitu and spoke to the raven throuht normal mean while raising her arms as a landing perch: "Come here feathered fella i'm not looking to hurt you. Just come down so we can have a chat."

ninjabot
2019-04-25, 09:04 AM
As Alyssia draws its attention Kira ducks behind a [tree/rock/bush/patch of tall grass/whatever's handy] and activates obfuscate before looking around for a rock or a stick or something to launch at the bird if they need to bring it down somehow.

ShadowImmor
2019-04-25, 09:48 AM
You approach the wolf, but it just seems to watch you closely. As you get close to pet the wolf it snaps at you, and begins growling angrily.

As you try to make the bird react to you, it flies up and caws at you loudly, but your attempts to draw it down seem to fall on either ignorant or ignoring ears. It then lets out a very loud screech, that seems to reverberate inside your head. You recognise it as a summons of some description, as if it is calling others to itself.

ninjabot
2019-04-25, 10:37 PM
**** this, time to skedaddle. Kira thinks as she lobs whatever stone she's found at the bird. "Hey, wolfgirl, we shouldn't be here when birdie's friends arrive. Try to keep up, yeah? I don't want to prove that sheriff right on night one." She calls to Alyssia, waiting just long enough to grab the bird if she manages to knock it to the ground before setting off at a steady trot back towards where she left her car.

Dex+Athletics to hit the bird. Not really trying to do any damage so much as distract it and knock it to the ground, but on the off chance it's just a magic bird and not a corax and it dies then it dies-
[roll0]

And unless I'm missing something on Alyssia's sheet she can run at ~35 kph. Kira tops out at ~53 kph when she's not spending blood on celerity, so she'll be moving at Alyssia's pace (assuming she comes with) for the time being.

Kat_the_Cat
2019-04-25, 11:21 PM

"Wolfgirl? Really?" It was not the first time she got called that obviously. At this time it wasn't really important the nickname she got.Still she find it kinda cutesy in a way coming from Kira.

The raven calling others was a bad move forcthem and it was probably better to skip it. Before she gets running she took a good look at the raven to spot anything unusual. She then always sprint to her bike and look back to check on the raven.

Dark Seeker
2019-04-26, 04:42 PM
Arthur steps back, hands outstretched. In looking at the dog again and based on its reaction, he's beginning to think it might be one of the Lupines. He waits to see its next action before he decides on his own.

ShadowImmor
2019-04-26, 06:14 PM
You manage to strike the bird, but can hear in the distance the flapping of wings, as if something is speeding towards you. The car is a fair distance away, as you'd walked for quite some time before coming upon this raven.

The wolf/dog just stares at you intently, before tilting it's head back and howling very loudly, it causes some pain to your ears even. After it finishes the night seems preternaturally still for a moment, and you feel the beast inside you react, as if wanting to run away.

Dark Seeker
2019-04-26, 06:38 PM
Arthur feels rather certain the beast has just sent out an alarm for every wolf in the area, and decides discretion is the better part of valor.

He looks around for a running car in the street and moves towards it. If he can find one, he'll tap on the window and hopefully get the driver to roll it down, at which point he shall dominate them into taking him as a passenger and vacate the area.

ninjabot
2019-04-28, 11:57 AM
Kira runs over to where the bird fells, snatching it up before turning to catch up with Alyssia. "Well this is going well." She says as she approaches the gangrel. "I wonder if we'll have to fight our way up the food chain to get to the wolves? What eats ravens that we should keep an eye out for?" She asks with a sardonic grin, glancing back to see how close the summoned unkindness is.

Kat_the_Cat
2019-04-29, 08:05 AM

It wasn't going the way Alyssia liked. She was thinking on staying her ground her confront the thing the raven was calling for. But for some reason wasn't sure that her and her partner would be enough if a full drown Lupin pops out. As she continue to head for her bike, she glanced at the woods and try to see somwthing voming or hidden.

She answered to Kira: "It's not the worst but also not the best we could get."

She also start wondering exactly what could be summoning that raven.

Roll for spot: per + awareness [roll0]
Roll for the summon raven: int + occult ,[roll1]

ShadowImmor
2019-05-02, 06:49 AM
You quickly find a vehicle, and the occupant allows you to get in, then begins driving at your command. Where do you go to?

With the bird in hand, apparently unconscious. As you begin to look around you can't see anything except a preternatural stillness in the air, as if a storm is coming. Just as you begin to realise this the bird awakens and begins trying to break free of your grip. Can I please have a Strength roll from Kira.

Dark Seeker
2019-05-02, 01:48 PM
Arthur directs the man to drive him a few blocks from his haven. As he's driving, he keeps watch of the dog and sees what it does.

Assuming he makes it away unimpeded, he gets out in a preferably busy area. He'll quickly thank the man and use his vampireic abilities to modify his memory into thinking he had given him a lift due to his car breaking down, and he'll offer him a generous poundnote for the service. Once outside, he'll dial Kira so as to speak with the others.

ShadowImmor
2019-05-06, 02:03 PM
((OoC: I'm just going to give the other guys a chance to respond before continuing))

ninjabot
2019-05-06, 07:47 PM
As she runs, Kira forces some of the life she's stolen to flood through her muscles as the bird starts struggling. She fumbles a bit, but tightens her grip as it tries to escape. "Hey, knock that off." She mutters as she runs. "I don't know if you can understand me, but if so then I'm assuming you know that I am. Quit struggling or I'll bite you." Se tells the raven more clearly. "This doesn't have to be your end, so let's just stay calm, yeah?"

After trying to reason with the bird she tosses a glance at Alyssia. "I have no idea if Crowson Gordon Levitt here speaks english. Once we get a second you want to try bird whispering at it?"

Kat_the_Cat
2019-05-06, 10:59 PM

Alyssia continued to rum toward her bike as Kira joined up to her.

"It will be my pleasure to have a talk with Mr Raven here. Let's ditch this place and find a place to talk in private. Once we reach my bike; keep Raven im choke and get on behimd me. I'll get us out of here in no time. "

ninjabot
2019-05-06, 11:02 PM
Kira gives Alyssia a slightly baffled look. "Or we could get in my car. You know, with its rolled up windows that don't allow for birds flying away."

ShadowImmor
2019-05-07, 04:07 AM
You manage to get dropped off without much incident, however the others are not responding to your calls at this time. The dog has not followed you.

The bird stops struggling, it can obviously understand what you're saying, however you can hear squawking and howling in the distance, but getting closer.

Dark Seeker
2019-05-08, 02:00 PM
Arthur gently massages his temple as he thinks.

The others were not answering. Given what he had just encountered, he was going to assume the worst. They had encountered the wolves and been destroyed. In addition, the presence of that odd dog in the city seemed to point to the wolves already having achieved a significant breakthrough within Cromton. He doubted it would be limited to the financial district. Until he learned otherwise, he was going to assume that most kindred in the city were either dead or in hiding, and the takeover was more widespread than he had first been informed.

So where did that leave him? He had no contacts, his allies were in the wind, and further operations could prove difficult. He'd have to play his by ear.

He starts to explore the area within a few blocks of his haven. Maybe he'd find something useful. But his main objective was determining if any more wolves had laid claim to this piece of territory.

Kat_the_Cat
2019-05-08, 07:33 PM

As they reached the car, Alyssia remove her jacket and trhow it on the back seat. "Use this to hide him while i drive. It will be more subtle." She then start the car and leave the surronding while looking at whatever or whoever the raven called.

ShadowImmor
2019-05-09, 03:46 PM
The area around your haven seems secure. You begin to suspect that the animal was perhaps a scout, rather than a full invading force, testing for weaknesses as you've seen no sign of anything else. Though the city is quiet, it has an edge to it. As if the whole city is waiting with baited breath to see what happens. It seems that the financial district, where you have laid claim to a haven hasn't been as penetrated as you first thought.

You manage to make it to the car, and cover the bird as you begin to drive off, seeing a flight of birds begin to follow the car, flying high above it, and trying to keep up. As you approach the city limits, the birds peel off and seem to leave you alone. You then realise that you have a missed call.

ninjabot
2019-05-10, 09:22 AM
"Alright. It looks like we might get some breathing room. Maybe find a parking garage or something to give us some cover and we'll see what we can learn from Aerie Fisher here." She says as the swarm peels off.

Seeing the missed call Kira calls Arthur back -

"Hey. Saw that you called. We ran into a bit of bird trouble, what's up?"

When the voicemail picks up Kira leaves a message. "It looks like the wolves aren't alone. They're either working with or turning some birds into slaves. We've managed to get a hold of one and are going to see what it can tell us. I'll call back if we learn anything."

Dark Seeker
2019-05-10, 01:43 PM
Arthur's reassessment brings come comfort, but it was still noteworthy that the wolves felt they could send scouts into the city proper. It suggested the prince was weak, a factor he felt confirmed due to the prince not even being willing to meet with them.

He is shaken out of his musings by the phone call, and is relieved to see it is his companion. "Ah, Ms. Kira. I am glad to hear from you. I ran into a dog in the financial district that seemed connected to our targets, and it seemed to be a scout for them. When you did not answer I assumed the worst, being frank. I apologize for doubting your skills; of course you'd not have been sent here without the ability to handle a spot of trouble.

Bird trouble, you say?"

ninjabot
2019-05-10, 02:47 PM
"No worries, it's sweet of you to care." She says, poking fun at Arthur's concern, but not maliciously. "Yeah, we were followed by a bird that tried to call some friends. I managed to tag it with a rock and we're driving somewhere safe to try and question it now. It seems to understand English, but I don't know if it can actually speak or not and our bird whisperer companion is driving at the moment."

Kat_the_Cat
2019-05-11, 01:33 AM
Alyssia contimue to drive the car. As she try to find a place to be able to "talk" to the raven. Away from yhe birds that follow by passing in tunnel or bridge. Trying to loose them.

Dark Seeker
2019-05-11, 02:52 PM
"I see. Perhaps I can meet up with you both. My own avenue of investigation has hit a snag, and this bird familiar seems our best lead at the moment."

ninjabot
2019-05-11, 05:02 PM
"Probably not the worst plan. I'll text you the location once my chauffeur finds a spot."

ShadowImmor
2019-05-13, 02:27 PM
You all arrange to meet up at a place far enough away from your encounters. You manage to find sanctuary in a smaller warehouse on the river, in the centre of the city.

It's dirty, and grimy, but it's somewhere that ravens and wolves cannot access easily it would seem.

The bird has remained silent throughout this, and is apparently waiting to see what you do.

ninjabot
2019-05-13, 04:24 PM
"Alright bird. Time for a chat. We have have our friend here speak your language if we have to," Kira says, nodding at Alyssia. "But if you can speak english then you might as well do it. Let's make this as smooth as possible, yeah?"

Kat_the_Cat
2019-05-15, 01:46 PM
Now that they were out of reach of they newly friends, Alyssia was releaved the ravens abandon the pursuit. It would have cause quite a ruckus if they followed into the middle of town.

She turned her attention on the raven and look it in the eye. "Nod if you understand and twice if you can speak back. I may be able to chat with you eithet way. I would like to chat without animosity or violence."

She then wait for the raven to answer.

Dark Seeker
2019-05-15, 09:05 PM
Arthur calmly adjusts his tie and looks at his companion, ignoring the absurdity inherent in attempting to coax a bird to speak. But then, they were vampires. This all was absurd to one point or another.

He expects the bird to be a true believer or bound to the wolves in someway, so suspects the only way they'll get any answers is through violence. But he's not adverse to negotiating if that works, so he waits to see if it does.

ShadowImmor
2019-05-16, 03:27 AM
The bird looks up at you and caws, but doesn't appear to nod. You get the sense it is looking at you defiantly, as if daring you to try something, however it doesn't do anything while it's still being held.

ninjabot
2019-05-16, 01:09 PM
Kira sighs and shakes her head. "Look. I know you don't like us. Hell, I don't really like us. But this is where we are, and if you're not going to be useful then our best option is just to make sure that you also aren't useful to the wolves. Seems like that's a less than ideal outcome for both of us. You want to try again?"

Kat_the_Cat
2019-05-17, 09:20 PM
Alyssia had enough of this raven.

"Look, either you help us or you get hurt. I am tired of this attitude. I tried to be nice but now you decide what the future hold for you."

ShadowImmor
2019-05-18, 03:08 AM
The raven looks around the empty warehouse, as if looking for support. It looks at the broken windows, the glass on the floor, the bare steel girders on the ceiling, the metal panelling that makes up the walls, the office that overlooks the whole are, then it goes still.

The raven looks at each of you in turn and shifts in Alyssia's hands, as if trying to get free, it closes it's eyes for a moment, and you see it's throat bulge and misshape slightly.

"You want to talk? Okay lets talk."

Dark Seeker
2019-05-18, 05:30 PM
"Well done," Arthur allows himself a rare smile before turning to Alyssia. "Ask what the wolves wanted it to do, and if it knows an area in which they lurk."

Kat_the_Cat
2019-05-18, 11:00 PM
Finally! The raven was cooperative. Alyssia didn't really wanted to go the rough side.

She have many question but should start by determining on which side he is.

"First, what are you exactly and what is your loyalty?"

ShadowImmor
2019-05-20, 06:23 AM
The raven chuckles... somehow...

"I'm a Corax. My loyalties don't lie with you. I'm only going to answer questions that don't endanger my people."

He looks you up and down.

"If you don't know what a Corax is, then you're going to be in for a bad time."

((Roll Int+Occult, DC 8, if you get 2+ Successes, you can look at this spoiler -

Corax are another type of shifter, they are like Werewolves, but instead of Werewolves, they are Wereravens.

If you don't get the requisite successes, obviously don't look :P))

ninjabot
2019-05-21, 10:34 PM
Kira gives the bird a sideeye. "Yeah, you're a werebird instead of a weredog, it's not super complicated. As long as your people aren't opposing my people then we've got no issue. The wolves are likely still in trouble though." She pauses, glancing at the others. "Not gonna lie, if we can avoid being enemies I'd prefer it, but I'm not about to let a bunch of religious fanatics try and wipe us out just 'cause we eat people sometimes. So, if you can either convince the wolves to back the **** off or give us some info that will let us coexist that'd be ideal."

Dark Seeker
2019-05-22, 11:16 PM
Arthur adjusts his glasses.

"Negotiation and a favorable accord that works for both of our kinds is my preference as well. But please understand that if a war comes the Wolves will be on the losing end. I do not say this to underestimate them; the conflict will likely be long and bloody, but our society has a vested interest in holding the city, and will send as many of us as they need to ensure they do. So the Wolves will lose. What will happen to your kind then is determined by the position you take if a conflict does take off. I strongly suggest you carefully consider that."

Kat_the_Cat
2019-05-23, 12:56 AM
Werebirds! That's what it was! Dumb Alyssia!

She look at yhe raven and full of sincerity says:

"It might not look like it right now but I don't want create enemies here. We are here to check on the why the wolves and my kind are at each other's troaths. We're here to prevent bloodshed from both parties BUT are ready to fight back if necessary. So maybe you can start by explaining what you know of all this?"

ShadowImmor
2019-05-23, 05:56 AM
The bird some how laughs, loudly.

"Don't want to make enemies? Your kind feed off people and kill them when they get too inconvenient, you destroy nature to put up more buildings, and insist that you don't want to encroach on our territory, yet even now, your kind plan to destroy our forest."

He shakes his head.

"You have already declared the war, we are just going to finish it. You say it will be long and bloody, you're not wrong. You say your kind will do whatever it takes to hold the city, well we can get reinforcements too, and we can get them a damn sight faster than you can."

ninjabot
2019-05-25, 02:27 PM
"Oh joy, we've reached the **** measuring portion of the conversation. How does that even work with a cloaca?" Kira asks the raven before turning to the others. "I don't have mind control, either of you have that particular talent?"

Dark Seeker
2019-05-26, 12:58 AM
"I do," says Arthur. "I could hardly show my face in polite society if I did not." He smiles thinly. "What would you have me ask our guest here?"

He looks at the bird. "This is your last chance to cooperate willingly. Tell us what we wish to know, or be forced to. And if I have to go that coarse route, be advised that I will learn everything about your society and ensure that my superiors learn it in turn. I'm sure they would find knowledge of your kind most fascinating, most fascinating indeed.

"You may of course protest that you can resist my powers, and I am not vain enough to believe there is no chance of that. But I am a master of the art from a clan already renowned for it, and I do rate my chances high. In the end however the choice lies with you.

"Make the correct one."

Kat_the_Cat
2019-05-26, 11:03 AM
As Arthur start using his power on the raven. Alyssia get close to the raven and let her claws out and prepare to attack the raven if he try to attack anyone or try to flee.

"Just in case you try to flee..."

-1 blood for the claws (Protean 2)

ShadowImmor
2019-05-27, 09:48 AM
The raven locks eyes with Arthur.

"Do you really think you're the first of your kind to try and interrogate one of us forcefully? Why do you think you had no idea about my kind?"

He somehow laughs.

"Do you really think this whole dance hasn't been done before?"

He shakes his head.

"This is going to be even easier than I thought if your best plan is 'I'm going to make you tell me everything' your entire city is already going to fall apart. I'm not the first of the Shifters to be captured nor interrogated. So you got to ask yourself, if your kind has been through this before with my kind, why don't know know anything about us?"

His last words are left hanging in the air...

Dark Seeker
2019-05-28, 01:58 PM
Arthur sighs. "Very well then. We do this the more difficult way."

He removes his glasses and moves closer to the bird, locking eyes with it.

"Tell me everything you know about the werewolves, their organization, numbers and strongholds within the area in and surrounding Crimton."

ShadowImmor
2019-05-29, 05:19 AM
The raven looks at you, and seems to resist for a moment.

"I know the werewolves are coming here to eradicate your kind from the city... they are calling in reinforcements..."

It speaks in a stutter, as if trying to resist, then after speaking this far, it caws loudly and suddenly changes shape into a man sized bird, forcing it's way out of the grip of Kira and flying up into the rafters of the building, and cawing loudly at you. It then flaps it wings in the direction of the group, and several feathers fly at you, they all miss and embed themselves in the floor next to you, looking for all intents and purposes like they had metal edges.

Dark Seeker
2019-05-29, 01:57 PM
Arthur sidesteps the feathers.

"Incapacitate, but do not kill it."

He is smiling broadly, now in his element, and looks around for anything he might be able to use as a weapon.

ShadowImmor
2019-06-06, 03:07 AM
The raven-man caws loudly at you, and flies around near the rafters, as if searching for a means of escape.

Dark Seeker
2019-06-07, 01:19 PM
Arthur looks at the squawking bird once again. "Get down here!" he commands, as if speaking to a misbehaving child.

He waits to see what his companions will do as well.

ShadowImmor
2019-06-12, 03:06 AM
The bird creature simply squawks again, and attempts to fling more razor feathers at you and your allies, this time striking your allies, but missing you. It looks at you with a glare that makes you a little uneasy, as if it wants to destroy you.