PDA

View Full Version : All x spells not on y list

stewstew5
2019-04-15, 09:54 AM
D&D beyond’s spell list is very good. Succinct, simple and usable.

But I homebrew a lot, and it’s missing one filter: Not on (class) spell list. Where can I find a way to filter the spells down to this?

PhantomSoul
2019-04-15, 10:19 AM
https://donjon.bin.sh/5e/spells/ lets you do that (you select all classes except the one you want to exclude). Barring that having/making a spreadsheet and filtering through that is probably the most likely.

stewstew5
2019-04-15, 10:36 AM
https://donjon.bin.sh/5e/spells/ lets you do that (you select all classes except the one you want to exclude). Barring that having/making a spreadsheet and filtering through that is probably the most likely.

Expeditious retreat is on both the warlock and wizard spell list. If I were to be selecting spells for an extended warlock spell list, I could see it and include it.

While this is useful, it’s not perfect for my purposes

PhantomSoul
2019-04-15, 10:45 AM
Oh, forgot the title's implication of needing to be on X list and not just not be on Y list.

Spreadsheets with filtering in Excel (or your spreadsheet/data manager of choice) is probably the best (only?) bet. Especially if you'd also like to include subclass-added spell lists (e.g. domain spells).

th3g0dc0mp13x
2019-04-15, 10:56 AM
I haven't found a website that has that filter that is official or even technically allowed.

EDIT: Check your messages.

stewstew5
2019-04-15, 11:06 AM
Oh, forgot the title's implication of needing to be on X list and not just not be on Y list.

Spreadsheets with filtering in Excel (or your spreadsheet/data manager of choice) is probably the best (only?) bet. Especially if you'd also like to include subclass-added spell lists (e.g. domain spells).

That’s probably best then

Theodoxus
2019-04-15, 02:43 PM
yeah, there was an excel sheet floating around, pre-Xanathar's that had a lot of info, but not all. I expanded on it for my own purposes, putting in things like page number, saves, if it had "at higher levels", etc.

I've added the Elemental Evil and Xanathar's spells as well. Even has a tab for psionics, though it's incomplete, as WotC hasn't released an update.

stewstew5
2019-04-15, 03:04 PM
yeah, there was an excel sheet floating around, pre-Xanathar's that had a lot of info, but not all. I expanded on it for my own purposes, putting in things like page number, saves, if it had "at higher levels", etc.

I've added the Elemental Evil and Xanathar's spells as well. Even has a tab for psionics, though it's incomplete, as WotC hasn't released an update.

Do you know where I’d find it?