PDA

View Full Version : Tabaxi Monk Order Help

GuestEleven
2019-04-15, 10:33 AM
So I'm starting a Tabaxi Monk tomorrow. Haven't had much time to work on him so I was hoping for some quick help. What I'm looking for is creative names for essentially a Cat-folk monastic order and/or fighting style. Monk of the Iron Claw, Whispering Fang, Soft Paw, etc. If it makes a difference the Traditions I am considering are Way of the Kensei and Way of the Shadow. Thanks for any help!

strangebloke
2019-04-15, 11:17 AM
Shadow Order
Gleaming-Eyed Watchers (cat eyes glow in the dark, their stealthiness makes them great spies)
Way of the Silent Paw
Those who Crouch in Silence

Shadow Fighting Style
The Pounce that Deals Death
Swift Paw
Tiger's Stripes in the Grass (imagery of real world camoflage)

Kensei Order
Thundercats (Hoooo!)
Longclaw Hunters
Way of the Reaching Claw

Kensei Fighting Style
The Luck of Nine Lives (The kensei is resilient, and very efficient at dodging.)
Tranquil Surface, Hidden Depths.

GuestEleven
2019-04-15, 11:26 AM
Shadow Order
Gleaming-Eyed Watchers (cat eyes glow in the dark, their stealthiness makes them great spies)
Way of the Silent Paw
Those who Crouch in Silence

Shadow Fighting Style
The Pounce that Deals Death
Swift Paw
Tiger's Stripes in the Grass (imagery of real world camoflage)

Kensei Order
Thundercats (Hoooo!)
Longclaw Hunters
Way of the Reaching Claw

Kensei Fighting Style
The Luck of Nine Lives (The kensei is resilient, and very efficient at dodging.)
Tranquil Surface, Hidden Depths.

I really like these. Thundercats is 10/10, but I was going to save that until I built a Monk of the Elemental Ways Tabaxi, lol!

strangebloke
2019-04-15, 11:54 AM
I really like these. Thundercats is 10/10, but I was going to save that until I built a Monk of the Elemental Ways Tabaxi, lol!

Just to be extra cheeky, insist that your order isn't called "Thundercats," but rather is called "Cats of Thunder," or something equally obvious.

Moltenbrisingr
2019-04-15, 03:08 PM
Monastic Orders:

The Way of Tooth and Claw
The Mirror Eyed Clan
The Order of Waking Slumber (catnap reference)