PDA

View Full Version : My Concept for a Neutral Good Old One Warlock

Joeytechno
2019-04-15, 05:53 PM
So I've noticed that Great One and Fiend warlocks seem to get a little screwed over on their alignment choices from a RP perspective, I mean it's pretty hard to see a honestly good person signing up to work with top tier demons or cosmic horrors. This was the issue I was facing as I was working on a warlock to take the place of my current in game character (who was pretty darn close to death in our last session, and I may just let him die gracefully). I really wanted to play a good character but also wanted to try out a warlock, and darn it the celestial pact just wasn't doing it for me. My idea was this.
What if it was the mortal playing the deity and not the other way around. Picture this, an outer god/demon who is incredibly powerful but is also a total idiot See Azathoth from Lovecraft as an example. A brash young do-gooder who wants to do right in this world just so happens to uncover a cult devoted to the sheer power of said idiot-deity, he/she learns what he can from the cult pretending to buy into their crazed rantings, makes a pact with a being he honestly doesn't understand but thinks he can con, then cuts and runs with all the knowledge and power he gained in hopes of using it to better the world, unknowingly bringing chaos with him. Shenanigans ensue

Xaotiq1
2019-04-15, 09:14 PM
Don't know how helpful this is but it's a fun read: https://www.reddit.com/r/tumblr/comments/85z223/the_sun_is_an_eldritch_abomination/

Particle_Man
2019-04-15, 11:22 PM
You might want to read the novel Winter Tide by Ruthann’s Emery’s for a neutral good Worshipper of Cthulhu and the like.

That House
2019-04-16, 08:16 AM
So I've noticed that Great One and Fiend warlocks seem to get a little screwed over on their alignment choices from a RP perspective, I mean it's pretty hard to see a honestly good person signing up to work with top tier demons or cosmic horrors. This was the issue I was facing as I was working on a warlock to take the place of my current in game character (who was pretty darn close to death in our last session, and I may just let him die gracefully). I really wanted to play a good character but also wanted to try out a warlock, and darn it the celestial pact just wasn't doing it for me. My idea was this.
What if it was the mortal playing the deity and not the other way around. Picture this, an outer god/demon who is incredibly powerful but is also a total idiot See Azathoth from Lovecraft as an example. A brash young do-gooder who wants to do right in this world just so happens to uncover a cult devoted to the sheer power of said idiot-deity, he/she learns what he can from the cult pretending to buy into their crazed rantings, makes a pact with a being he honestly doesn't understand but thinks he can con, then cuts and runs with all the knowledge and power he gained in hopes of using it to better the world, unknowingly bringing chaos with him. Shenanigans ensue

Sounds excellent and hilarious! Big thumbs up from over here in Maybe Hell!

Wildarm
2019-04-16, 08:42 AM
Going for the classic, I'll only use this power for good is fine to RP a warlock pact. You can always RP the internal struggle of trying to hide your true intentions from your patron. Maybe your patron doesn't care and knows the seeds of corruption will take root eventually and you'll be their willing thrall one day. They all succumb in the end. :amused: The Great Old one has infinite patience.