PDA

View Full Version : Big To Small [Big IC]

JNAProductions
2019-04-15, 09:31 PM
There is no world.

There is only the void... For now.

Stevesciguy
2019-04-15, 10:49 PM
I awaken. But who am I? Ragmjir, is what comes to me. From where? There is nothing here. Nothing but calm emptiness. Quiet. Still. Balanced. But can there be balance when there is nothing to balance? Perhaps. I feel not. Something must be here to balance. Could I create it? Again, perhaps. But, to build, there must first be a framework...

With these thoughts, diffuse grayish light blooms throughout the endless void. Ragmjir is not alone. Other beings new as himself appearing to him, feeling this new thing called "light" for the first time, as he has.

Who are they? Were they here before? Are they where these words 'Ragmjir' and 'balance' spring from?

Italic text is though, and when he speaks, it'll be in bold

5ColouredWalker
2019-04-16, 04:48 AM
The void exists.
From within it came the Balanced, first of all.
And from the manipulation of the fabric, came the unending well.
Tikajal'mar

And with that appearance, that light in a ball appeared seemingly the same void-space as Ragmjir, preceded by a deepening of the void, and from the shell of which a burst of light and seemingly dust exploded forth, rapidly spreading forth as a seeming wall of light from which darkening pieces of dust slowly fell from, littering the void as it collapsed and expanded. The first wave of creation, before the uncontrolled energies went from a tumbling spill to a quiet roil in a now dust and light filled void.

After a moment of watching the glory of what he accidentally stopped, Tikajal noticed his sibling in the void.
"Hello? Are you there?"

Orc on Shelf
2019-04-16, 08:16 AM
Ciaralín awoke to the void, and to darkness. There were others, but they seemed distant, and Ciaralín knew fear, so kept it’s distance.

Instead Ciaralín examined the mysteries of the void, reveling in the unknown.

After a time, who can say how long (What is time? Is it locality? It is... The measure of doing? the void changed. Suddenly and violently. There was light, and expansion and creation.

Ciaralín experienced fear for the second time at the appearance of light. As it approached Ciaralín gathered the darkness of the void at wrapped it about the self, folding it in layer upon layer for protection.

Something must be done to limit this.

Then repeating the process upon mass, Ciaralín created a well. A well into which all things would eventually fall, and much of that first light was drawn into it. In the future it would do this same process again and again. Anywhere too much creation and light happened too fast Ciaralín created a well of darkness. None so great as the first.

These wells held the stuff of creation together though. Although they swallowed the light, they also kept it close. Moats of mass and light pooled and rotated around these wells, and thus Ciaralín joined in the process of creation.

Protected from the light Ciaralín watched, and enjoyed the chaos of creation. It was full of mystery, and brought joy.

Ciaralín, now overcoming fear, spoke to the others.

Hello. What are we?

Stevesciguy
2019-04-16, 04:55 PM
The being admires the strange material that floods the void, as it twists and spirals across itself. Then the strange spots of darkness appeared, and the light and material danced with them, creating more complex twists and spirals. Ragmjir delighted in the odd conflict as the light and darkness pushed and spun against each other.

Then, the first sound echoed across the void.

Hello. What are we?

A voice. It uses the same words that I do.

We are ourselves. Ragmjir is the name I have been given.

JNAProductions
2019-04-16, 07:14 PM
There is light, but in the light are spots of darkness, deep wells of suction that absorb the newly made substance.

Tentreto
2019-04-17, 03:37 PM
The first thing it knew was light. The first light, pure, eternal, brilliant. Although it felt others around it, the light was what mattered, the light was...contentment.

Then it felt others, those which were not the light. It felt curiosity, wonderment. They were not the light, but they were its siblings, others who could experience it.

And then it felt the darkness. Where there was not light. It felt sadness. Pity. Something had to be done. It pushed out the light, willed it as far as it could, yet there was nowhere to spread it. Then something took the light into the darkness, giving a place for the light to go. The Being willed the light to go further, to extend further. To spread the wonder of it further.

In all this, the Being heard something, echoing across reality.

"Hello? Are you there?"

Hello. What are we?

We are ourselves. Ragmjir is the name I have been given.
Voices, the others in this place.

"I am here," the Being replied. "I am not the Void. What are you?" For a moment it pondered. " And where is here?"

5ColouredWalker
2019-04-17, 08:51 PM
"We.... Are. Here... Is... I think we need new words... But that's less fun than things... But I don't know what to make."

The ball seems to start spinning.

"Oh, I am Tikajal'mar. What are your names?"
There's a sense of distaction in Takajal'mar's voice, as suddenly the partially filled void starts speeding up. The dust changes, more of it happens, and the light starts dimming as it passes out. Dust begins to clump together, and then suddenly in some clouds of dust, larger lumps start glowing.
"Oh how interesting!"

Might as well speed up time. Consider this procedural universe generations while things get moving...

JNAProductions
2019-04-17, 08:53 PM
Throughout the void, the dust begins to condense.

In great whirling stars, light finds its home. In vast nebulae, the dust waits for new life. And, in small, hard pellets, the dust coalesces into planets.

There is no life but you, but there is structure, and locations.

Stevesciguy
2019-04-17, 09:45 PM
Everywhere is here. There is nowhere else. Where else could we be?

There is light and dark, structure and chaos. Beautiful. But from where could these spring, that the balance might live forever? As it is now, the light will die and the darkness will consume. This must not occur.

Perhaps we could create new places to be.

With a thought, the being pushes against the walls of the reality they had created... and expands beyond. On one side, a reality of unending energy, of beautiful radiance made manifest, from which light may forever spring forth, an extension of the motes of light which dotted their reality. On the other side, a reality of pure darkness, which absorbed all that approached it, an extension of the motes of blackness which bound the light together.

Much Better.

Orc on Shelf
2019-04-18, 01:01 AM
Cairalín watches as creation happens.

Realizing the masses swirling around the stars experience either lift or dark permanently it decides to make them all spin. Now each of these... planets... each of these solid places that are decidedly not Void can experience equal darkness to the light.

Cairalín is pleased with the creation of day and night.

Seeing a problem with the first solution to the proliferation of light Cairalín tears a hole in the fabric of Void around his well, allowing for the escape of energy. Energy that can form new things.

The well was efficient at absorbing the light, but far too orderly for Cairalín’s taste.

In order for chaos to exist complete darkness could not be.

There must be balance to the things we create, but there must also be freedom. I, Cairalín, will ensure freedom endures from the darkness.

Brothers, let us focus our energies on one of these planets for a time. Together we can make something of it. Perhaps something sustainable that can exist within this Void for as long as our other creations last. Then, we can do the same to others.

5ColouredWalker
2019-04-19, 10:27 AM
"Oooo, a strange duality. What about ones for the... Main verse from which we begun."
Finding the imprint of the universes beginnings within him, Takajal'mar immediately creates and accelerates two more universes.
The first, is almost identical to the current, a seeming backup of 'anti-matter'. The second he balances a odd shift out of interest, creating one with a equal amount of matter and anti-matter forming cascading explosions, one that distracts him for a while until the mention of planets as he watches it in interest.

"Oh. Ok, why not. Hmmm"
Noticing the cycle of renewal with the births and deaths of stars, Takajal'mar thinks for a time about how to select and what could be the most interesting, before speaking again.
"I suggest we let things continue for a bit before we choose one. The world grows to have more interesting resources if we wait longer, before resources start changing towards ones that die down into resources that only just exist. Or we could create another world to play in independently?"

When Takajal'mar says longer, everyone seems to get a grasp for how much longer he means. Until, by one planets reckoning, the universe they're in is between 10 to 12 billion years old.

'Creations'/Actions/etc:
-Declaring 'Truespeach'/similar for the gods. We always know what the others mean despite vagueness if we so choose. If things are confusing, probably ask in the OOC.
-Antimatter universe. I'm not sure how things change in this universe, but I'm 99% sure they're identical.
-Matter/Antimatter universe: A universe of constant explosions with energy and matter in flux. Because I could. There might be other things I can balance, but that was the first that came to mind.

Note about the waiting: One of the 'solutions' to the Fermi-Paradox is that we're the first aliens for good reason. The first generation of stars and second don't provide the right elements/enough of the right elements for life. Most stars live long enough that we could be among the first 'generation' of things to be living, and possibly the first, because it takes time for stars to die and reform.
Of course, there's a small hole in the theory because particularly big stars blow up much sooner, and a couple in a row in the right place could provide the right conditions for life. But then you can address that with filters/etc and the note that they'd be arising in a rather active part of the universe.

JNAProductions
2019-04-19, 07:36 PM
There are now several universes, of many different types.

Time passes with dizzying speed, but other beings seem non-existent.

The multiverse is a barren, if exciting, place.

FakerFangirl
2019-04-20, 04:17 PM
Hearing Cairalín's rally, the stellar winds carry a stream of particles through the void, to form a swirling cyclone in front of Cairalín. The cyclone gathers, and the winds hesitate before choosing to condense into the radiant form of a tall proud woman. The remaining dust forms into long red hair and a glimmering white toga which sways in an invisible breeze as the rest of the dust scatters outward.

"I am Daphne." She introduces herself with a nod. Daphne debates with the Gods about wind and water, extolling the merits of wetness and chemistry.

"Without liquid and air, all motion comes to a halt. If you want your planets to have weather and motion, then they need to have ammonia. We must focus our energy on a planet with plentiful nitrogen and hydrogen, with a surface warm enough for ammonia gas to form, yet cold and heavy such that it blankets the planet and does not scatter. These are the ingredients necessary to create weather."

Orc on Shelf
2019-04-21, 02:04 PM
This planet has a lot of nitrogen and hydrogen. Also enough oxygen that it is mostly covered in water.

The hemisphere Cairalín is standing in shifts to the deep of winter as he speaks.

Oh, that is interesting. The water here can shift between multiple states, even in the same location. Such variety...

Tentreto
2019-04-21, 05:51 PM
The Being does not care about much about ammonia or weather, but the liquid, that does intrigue it. The light passes through it, moving in strange directions. It is mesmerising, in all it's states. But with even a touch of the other, it becomes impure, and takes away from the light. This troubles the Being. If the light can be diminsihed, so could everything else. For now though, curiousity takes precedence.

"If we need light to create this Daphne, I shall provide it."

The Being spreads itself, and radiates the Light at the planet from all directions. With this shining, the planet seems to take a slight glow of its own. At the same time, much of the liquid begins to form into a gaseous state. This displeases the Being, and reduces the intensity, from Light, to light.

FakerFangirl
2019-04-22, 05:10 AM
"This water smells nicer than ammonia. I shall practice making weather here."

Daphne gathers the clouds together and flings them across the ocean so that she can study the light's effect on the water. Sparkling waves crest beneath Daphne's wind, causing much delight.

"Cairalín behold." Daphne blows the clouds towards the cold spot Cairalín is in, making it rain. Glancing back at That Without Shadow, Daphne asks, "Where hath the ice gone?"

The side of the planet facing That Without Shadow becomes covered in clouds again, whilst the side without light stays cool. Cairalín is in the middle.

"See here." Says Daphne, flitting back and forth between the deities. "I desire that the clouds rain. Here there are too many clouds. The light and dark are imbalanced." She explains, directing more clouds towards Cairalín.

"Cairalín, dost thou behold the abundance of clouds? Go forth to the ice, and gather mine clouds upon unto the ice. I shall send clouds unto thee and thou shalt squeeze the rain out of them to melt away the ice. We shall continue until there is balance!" Daphne commands.

Daphne blows the clouds from That Without Shadow towards Cairalín, and drives the cooled down air beneath the clouds, forming two opposing air currents separated by temperature and direction. The cooled down air returns to the side of the planet that That Without Shadow illuminates, causing many of the overcast cloudy region to rain. Daphne dedicates herself to strengthening the air currents, causing the cycle to continue.

There is now an orderly line of clouds floating from That Without Shadow to Cairalín, and as Daphne toils to keep them moving, the effects propagate.

Orc on Shelf
2019-04-22, 10:11 AM
Cairalín is distraught by so much Light. It... He? Yes, with the arrival of Daphne Cairalín begins to think of itself as a “He,” and the others as well.

Light must have balance... And the god reaches to Dark for the first time, joyous and triumphant at experiencing this power that is so well attuned to him. Blasting the planet with an equal amount of Dark from all sides until both gods are exhausted, and the planet is brimming with otherworldly energies.

We must stop this foolishness. You will destroy the water, and I will freeze the surface. The star provides light enough, does it not? Let us spin this world and reach a balance. Then we can play on it’s surface with our powers without expending ourselves in this fashion. The world will have balance, and the water will remain.

Believing this settled, he focuses his attention on what Daphne has done with the clouds. Squeezing the gaseous forms, cooling them, he causes water to pour forth upon the ice fields below, melting them into the vast oceans.

These clouds please me Daphne. Look at the shade they provide from the obtrusive light. They will always rain when cooled in such fashion?

FakerFangirl
2019-04-23, 05:50 PM
"Indubitably." Daphne responds. "And when I use methane and shape it like this," Daphne adds, forming a towering thundercloud...

A resounding peal of thunder rumbles as a crack of lightning strikes Cairalín!

"Oops!" Daphne chuckles mischievously.

Orc on Shelf
2019-04-23, 06:35 PM
The lightning is a surprise. Cairalín has not felt pain before. It is... Interesting. He makes a note to look into this sensation further at some point.

Noticing Daphne enjoying this he decides to take cover, and he delves beneath the waves and under the crust of the planet. Going deeper still he discovers liquid heat. Hatching and idea he creates a hole in the crust above and increases the pressure on this molten rock just beneath where Daphne was last.

Rising quickly to the surface with an eruption in his wake Cairalín is a streak of utter darkness as he zooms pst her. Then she is smitten by a cloud of super heated ash and steam.

Oops?

And the god of darkness and chaos laughs.

Beneath this maelstrom a large island has formed, with a crater in its center.

Stevesciguy
2019-04-23, 07:32 PM
The disembodied voice of Ragmjir rings out once more:

Interesting. But strange, and unstable. I shall create... Caretakers, who will protect the beauty of this odd creation of yours.

With these words, immense mountains of earth lift themselves from the ground, both in the raging oceans and the still-forming landmass. The huge waves of the turbulent ocean break off the bodies of the Caretakers, reducing mile-high tsunamis down to calmer waters. Storm clouds brush against the sides of the massive creatures' backs, calming powerful gales into calmer thunderstorms. Water recedes into the immense holes created by the mobile mountains, lowering the water level and enlarging the landmass.

Odd. I'm not entirely certain what I've just created.

FakerFangirl
2019-04-23, 11:16 PM
Daphne chases Cairalín trying to zap him. When he leaves she turns her attention on his creation, trying to blow the island back into the ocean... Yet only succeeds in eroding its shores into beaches of sand.

JNAProductions
2019-04-24, 12:06 PM
There is a world. A world of turbulence and chaos, but a world guarded by the Caretakers, vast monoliths of stone and purpose.

Tentreto
2019-04-24, 04:38 PM
The Being grumbles at Daphne's chastisement, but watches with amusement as Daphne and Cairalín play. The lightning is intriguing: a source of light from nothing. With the storms forming, the Being enters into the middle of the storm, testing how this new light feels, with its light reluctantly dimmed lest Cairalín stop its fun.

If something happened to be watching, they would see the Being shudder around the air being struck by lightning from multiple angles. Eventually, partly from shock, pain, and exhaustion, it falls down to the new beaches.

As it rises again, it notices that around it on the beach, shining glimmers of light exist, solid things, harder than solid water, and far more beautiful. With care, it heats the sands up, creating a long body of the glass, before giving it a touch of the Light. With a jolt, the...creature starts moving, slithering in a perfect loop around the island. It is glowing brightly with light, with a touch of the Light at its front.

The Being feels joy. It had created another being of the Light! It quickly creates another five, before moving back and observing its new creations. They move with some purpose, going to the shadowy parts of the land, and illuminating as they go by, so that all the land can experience light.

As time goes by, it also observes the Caretakers, far larger than its...Rays. They move with a similar purpose, and although they have far less design to them, the Being does respect the effort Ragmjir put into them.

"Creation truly has some wonder to it," the being muses. "Mayhaps you others can have success as well. Our creations could populate this world."

Orc on Shelf
2019-04-24, 07:05 PM
CairalÍn watches both new life forms with interest. He sees how was granted to each. Something to ponder...

In the mean time he feels fatigue from all the light in this world. Both from the star, and these new creations. Even from the presence of his brother. The two of them would have to come to some balance, however uneasy.

Leaving the surface to hide for a time in the void of space behind the planet’s shadow he regathers his energies in the dark. Fascinating by the planet’s shadow, and the night time surface he hatched an idea. He catches a mass flying through this system, and causes it to be attracted to the planet below through gravity, a natural force he was already well acquainted with. He watches the two bodies for a time, and fixes the the smaller to cast a shadow on the planet below, matching the angle of it’s orbit to the star, increasing its speed.

“See here brother. We have day and night already, but now I give us both a boon. This moon will provide light at night every other day as half it’s surface appears lit from the planet. In between it will provide darkness on the surface every fourth day, and a completely dark night every fourth day. Further, half of it will never know the light of this star, while half always will. We each could rest here for a time should the planet become to burdensome.”

The moon causes other unintended consequences below as the planet experiences tides. At first it is most obvious in how it effects the water, but eventually Cairalín notices the tides are also present in Light and Dark.

5ColouredWalker
2019-04-26, 04:33 AM
Tikajal'mar laughs as he watches his siblings play, creating chaos and magical life. Beings to make sure things don't change too much even in the chaos, those he approves of heartily.

But it's someone's job to remember, and watching these changes, he records them all. Before he decides to create a new place, one where time is flexible, and it just exists as a record of their changes, with everyone creating imprints in the world. A Ethereal realm, full of ghosts reenacting the world, which seems to shift about as he thinks about it, showing him what he wants to see.
Perhaps it'll error. But probably not. He's not perfect, and is a being of change, but it is a record, sealed and strong.

Of course, he then turns back to the play.
He had remembered his 'creation'. He saw how other's creating creatures made the magic ripple. And then he thought, 'Can I make something that thinks truly instead of an automaton?'
Apparently it need rain to live, so he might as well make it here... He doesn't want to anchor it too strongly to the world yet. Let that be for things that aren't play. It'll be interesting how they do things when seriously trying to make life, but he's not quite sure why he wants to yet.
Regardless, on to the making!

Instead of stone or wind, when Tikajal'mar decided to make, he decided to use the snow and ice and water.
They would have a frosty shell, but they would not work because they should, but because they drew from magic. And they would have a mind.

Suddenly, dozens stood upon a patch of snow, 15ft tall snow beings, looking something like a cross between a Gorrila (What was that?) and a beetle (Again, huh?). But while he had desires and whims, they didn't yet.
And so one asked.
'What do you want us to do.'
Tikajal'mar thought for a moment.
"Make more of yourselves. Find what makes you happy. Do it lots... I'll come if you call, if you need anything."
And so, Snow Elementals began moving through the world. And they began assembling more of themselves. And this made them happy. And they didn't grow bored. Because why would they?

JNAProductions
2019-04-26, 11:53 AM
The world is quite a place. The vast Caretakers, overseeing the world in their eternal duties; the carefree Rays, wandering to and fro; and the Snow Elementals, who (in the currently sped-up time frame) form families and tribes.

The Snow stick to the poles, with only a few brave souls venturing further south. But for now, truly intelligent life is confined to the frozen north.

Orc on Shelf
2019-04-26, 11:47 PM
As the world begins to settle into it’s rhythms Cairalín tired of the bright star. For so long darkness was all he knew, and so he began spending most days on the dark side of his moon, or beneath the planet’s crust.

On the fourth day, when the moon would blot out the sun, he enjoyed watching the others’ creations. Even the Rays were interesting to him in the darkness of the eclipse.

On the moon he would simply rest before returning to his new home to watch the night time chaos.

But the days he was beneath the crust Cairalín discovered the closest thing to the true darkness of the Void that came before. He began to hollow out spaces in this darkness, vast empty caverns where water or magma would sometimes pool, or flow. In these dark caves he discovered many materials that made up the planet’s bones that were not yet available on the surface. Precious metals, gems, metals that were both strong and malleable.

These caves will be a sacred space to me, and when I too create life my children will find comfort and shelter here.

The vast continents, and the ice shelf’s at the poles were where most interesting things seemed to be happening.

There should be life in the water as well. Life that knows the darkness of the depths. Life that knows the chaos beneath the wild waves.

Water is still a new thing to Cairalín though, and he does not know what form this life should take.

Looking to the younger god, the one that seems to understand water in its liquid state he asks Daphne:

Should we create something living together? Something adapted to surviving both water and in darkness?

FakerFangirl
2019-04-27, 02:17 AM
"Nah. What did you have in mind? I could create something simple that feels no pain when eaten."

Daphne creates bioluminescent plankton, water lilies, seagrass. She then tries to create a crayfish but gives up.

"I'm better with plants. I'll create plenty of food!"

Tentreto
2019-04-27, 06:01 PM
The Being looks at the moon and feels conflict. It does indeed both spread and diminish the light. Yet its brother had created it as a sign of balance between both light and dark, and given him a domain of its own. Was this a means of placating it? Of ensuring that the Dark would remain? Either way, it was a gift.
Moreover, it had been called Brother. Was it a Brother? How did that differ from Sister? It knew these were useless thoughts, as it knew no difference between the two. He decided however, if he was called a brother, he would accept the title.

The Being takes some of its essence and, observing the seagrass that Daphne had created, shapes a similar thing on land. It is blandly coloured, but grows to a height many times larger than the seagrass. Feeling somewhat disgusted, the being spreads the top of it out, allowing there to be darkness

Very, very quickly, the Being forces some of the grass he had taken to radiate light, stopping the darkness from forming. He does feel somewhat pleased with its creation though, especially as both seem to take light as sustinance.

"Cairalín," says the Being, "as you have made a gift, I made you one in return. These...trees, take the light to survive, but provide darkness beneath if for some reason the grass beneath it was no longer there. Maybe it will allow you to be on the world during the times of light."

When the Being looks back, he is somewhat mystified to see that the trees had begun to replicate themselves, spreading them across the land, as had some of the grass.

"I did not intend this." he begins. "This is...worrying."

Orc on Shelf
2019-04-30, 11:04 PM
These are wonderful brother.

Cairalín delights in the shade created by the trees. It is not a perfect darkness, far from it, but he finds their shadow adequate for observing the day time world without too much of the oppressive light from the star.

Studying the trees he sees away to make them stronger. Motioning downward they begin to grow in that direction as well, taking root deep with the planet’s soil, reaching for the darkness below the surface as strongly as they did to the light above.

They shall be a reminder then of our connection. That no matter how different we seem to one another, or even how much we struggle this world needs us both. Their shadow is neither light nor dark upon the surface, and they will find sustenance both from the light above and the darkness below.

Wanting to share this wonder with other life Cairalín picks up some clay from beneath the surface, and a few leaves from a nearby tree. Then, working these materials, he fashions a small being with two legs, two wings and a beak before breathing life into it. If flys from his open hand then, landing on the branch of a tree. Then it begins to sing, and in response to this song hundreds more sprung up from the ground around Cairalín’s feet. He laughs as the flit about and chirp to one another.

FakerFangirl
2019-05-01, 06:35 PM
Daphne enjoys watching the birds, and creates fruits, berries, and grains for them to eat. She also creates mosses, mushrooms, pill bugs, and ants to bury the dead.

She creates dozens of different flowers, and lastly, she creates butterflies.

Orc on Shelf
2019-05-06, 09:48 AM
Cairalín is particularly impressed with the ants that burrow within the earth for their home.

He enjoys the butterflies so much he designs a lunar moth in similar fashion, so he can enjoy similar beauty beneath the night sky when he has more time to wander.

Finally, taking the great early creations as his example, he creates elementals to care for each domain within this planet, and designs them to mistrust one another on a whim, thinking the chaos that ensues will amuse him. Earth, Water, Air and Fire.

The Earth elementals especially are taken by the deep places of the planet, but many of them also worship the moving mountains and make their home on the shoulders of their “Elder Brothers.”

Tentreto
2019-05-07, 05:49 PM
The Being watches Cairalín's actions, as he creates the elementals, and watches with interest the ones of fire. They could provide light, so were certainly things he could use in the future.

And then he saw Cairalín implant the seeds of mistrust in them.

Anger. He felt anger. Why create division? Why create doubt, when cooperation had been what all creation had come from? Was this what the Dark and Void wanted? To provide a way for all to be destroyed?

The Being needed answers. It needed to know why Cairalín chose this course of action: It made no sense to the Being. None of the others actions truly make sense. It needed a way for this to make sense. And then in a moment of revelation, the Being realises a way it could find how its siblings act the way they do.

Thus, the Being seeks out one of its six Rays. It takes it body, and adds the legs of ants to it with the wings of birds. It gives it a touch of the rain inside it, flowing through its body. It implants a glimmer of the stars and aeons into its head, and the wonder of creation into its eyes. Finally it implants it with the need to answer the questions within it.

"What are you?"

"Who are you?"

"What will you do?"

Exhausted, the Being draws back, and watches as its amalgamation stands still for what seems half an age, before moving off, seemingly in search of purpose.

"Siblings," intones the Being, "This creation, I implore you, leave it be. I wish to see what a being which can think freely truly does. How a being with our will acts on its own accord. Test it, observe it, but do not reveal yourselves."

Orc on Shelf
2019-05-11, 04:39 PM
Sounds chaotic. I love it!

FakerFangirl
2019-05-16, 08:28 PM
Hiding in a cloud, Daphne observes the winged ant people with interest.

"Maybe we don't need ammonia after all." She compliments That Without Shadow. "I like how you did the thoughts and wings. What are they called?" She asks, parking her cloud above their settlement.

Tentreto
2019-05-18, 09:28 AM
"I have not yet chosen a name," the Being replies, happy that his creation was being praised. "I hope to see what it calls itself." For a second it pauses. "What are they called? I only created one. What has happened?"

As Daphne parts the clouds, the Being sees the settlement of the 'Winged Ants.' There are ten of them, all of a similar size, inside a ring of fallen trees, with crude buildings housing each one. The original one has the largest building, and snarls at the others as they move earth, and hunt the creatures of the land. Each day, they move into the forests, and cut down many trees, as well as kill any other creations they find. They eat almost anything they find, but haul back the ants and birds in small wooden baskets.

After a time, the ten gather together, and place at the centre of their circle a pile of ants, multiple dead birds and a casket of water. After a moment, each of them pushes the Light into the centre, in a way the Being thought only he could do. After the light clears, another amalgam has been created.

As it stands, the first amalgam moves towards it.

"By my power LISTEN" it commands, and the new creation falls silent.

"You are a Scion," it intones. "You are of the greatest race in existance, for we wield the powers of Light. You are mine to command, and will follow my demands. We will take this land for ourselves so we are the masters of all, and that I am above all else, such is my right."

With this, the new Scion bows its long neck, and spreads its wings to its new liege.

The Being is shaken. Very shaken. His creation wished to spread itself across all creation. By doing so, it would spread the Light everywhere, which was good. However, it believed itself to be above all else, with nothing else worthy of being considered its equal. Where was its wonder at how each creation fit together? Did it not see how each creation was due some respect?

And then the Being realised that of course the Scions would not know, as they had never seen existance as he had, nor had they seen how they were meant as an experiment on how the other gods acted. Was this how he would have acted if alone? How the others would have? It would be something to ponder one.

But the way they used the Light! It seemed to draw on the Being itself in some small, infantismal way. It did not feel lessened by it. If anything, it felt slightly stronger now more Light was being spread. By cutting the trees, more light was filtering down onto the earth, which would doubtlessly annoy Cairalín. This would require much, much more thought.

"I believe they have called themselves Scions, Daphne," says the Being. "Though they seem very different than all other creations, doing things I thought not possible. What think you of their actions?"

FakerFangirl
2019-05-20, 11:58 AM
"Above all else?" Daphne looks unamused. "Not only have you ruined the balance of this world, you also broke your own rule in order to mock us." She accuses with a contemptuous scowl, gathering a thunderhead cloud...

Tentreto
2019-05-27, 03:23 PM
"Mock you? How do I mock you?" replies the Being. "I made a creation representing us all, to see how it would act. Its actions its own. With nothing setting its thoughts. I left it alone for that purpose." While it talks, the Being pools the Light together, ready to react.

"And I have not broken any rule. I agreed to allow balance and creation. I have done both. It is the free-willed Scion that would disrupt balance, not I. They only know of the Light, not the embodiment of it."

For a moment, the Being glances over at the Scion settlement. "If you truly believe they are ruining the balance, then make your own creation to balance it. They are my creations, they spread the Light, and I am still interested in seeing what they do."

FakerFangirl
2019-05-29, 07:22 PM
Daphne scowls, hesitating. "FINE!" She booms as the thunderclouds burst into a torrential downpour. She jabs her finger at That Without Shadow. "You'll regret challenging me to this foolish game." She warns, and then departs without looking back. Daphne ventures deep into the forest to meditate on the beauty of creation.

Stevesciguy
2019-05-30, 12:43 AM
Having sat silent, watching, Ragmjir shakes Creation with a single word:

CEASE

When Creation has finished quaking, the presence continues:

Unless you wish to destroy all you have built, you will end this petty argument.

FakerFangirl
2019-05-30, 06:36 PM
"Do it," she taunts Ragmjir with a headshake, smugly flicking a howling gale towards him.

Tentreto
2019-06-02, 12:51 PM
The Being watches stoically. "I have no quarrel Daphne, nor with you." he responds.

Then he notices Daphne slinging a gale. Silently, he moves himself out her vicinity. While the Scions were interesting, what seemed to be happening seems to be equally intriguing.

Stevesciguy
2019-06-02, 07:24 PM
As the gale approached Ragmjir, it slowly withered into a gentle breeze, its extremity stripped away by his presence.

"I shall do nothing. I merely warn you that your petty arguing will destroy all you have worked for."

FakerFangirl
2019-06-03, 10:30 PM
As Daphne glares at Ragmjir, a thick fog extends from the thundercloud, blanketing the forest in mist. Daphne's presence vanishes into the mist.