PDA

View Full Version : Levistus Tieflings: What Can They Do? Can They Do Things?? Let's Find Out.

RickAsWritten
2019-04-17, 02:27 PM
There are about a thousand different Tiefling variants, but for my money, the Levistus sub-race is the most interesting.

+2 Cha
+1 Con
Ray of Frost
2nd level Armor of Agathys
Darkness

They have some of the most unique racial spells, and I love the idea of Armor of Agathys on non-Warlocks.

The best class-subclass combo that I could think of would be Valor Bard. All the Bard-y goodness plus some more at-will damage and an extra layer of protection in case you decide to mix it up in melee.

Can anyone think of any other interesting class combos and/or synergies?

Man_Over_Game
2019-04-17, 02:37 PM
There are about a thousand different Tiefling variants, but for my money, the Levistus sub-race is the most interesting.

+2 Cha
+1 Con
Ray of Frost
2nd level Armor of Agathys
Darkness

They have some of the most unique racial spells, and I love the idea of Armor of Agathys on non-Warlocks.

The best class-subclass combo that I could think of would be Valor Bard. All the Bard-y goodness plus some more at-will damage and an extra layer of protection in case you decide to mix it up in melee.

Can anyone think of any other interesting class combos and/or synergies?

You could use AoA on a Barbarian to reduce the damage that it loses. A Paladin would get a lot out of this race when combined with Heavy Armor Master, maybe an Ancients Paladin so that the enemy has less incentive to pop the shield with a spell?

I could also see it work well on a Sorcerer (Draconic Cold) or Warlock (Hexblade), since the Sorcerer has very few known spells, and the Warlock won't want to blow a high level spell slot for Darkness.

NaughtyTiger
2019-04-17, 02:50 PM
which book are they in?

and nice title... it took me a sec.

Unoriginal
2019-04-17, 02:54 PM
which book are they in?

Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes.

ShikomeKidoMi
2019-04-17, 07:14 PM
You mentioned Valor Bards, but don't forget Sword Bards (outside Adventurer's League). Paladin is also tempting. Even Sorcerer wouldn't be bad. Maybe Storm Sorcerer, since some of their abilities work best if they let the enemy get close, the extra hit points from Armor of Agathys would come in handy.

Zariel-blooded is another fun variant from Tome of Foes that lets you do some non-standard things (giving out Paladin spells and a strength boost). Though, personally, I like Glasya for that sweet, sweet invisibility.