PDA

View Full Version : Burrow Root Wild Shape

Seak
2019-04-18, 12:25 PM
I've been looking at options for my druid's wild shape, and came across the burrow root from monster manual 5. With the enhance wild shape spell out of spell compendium, I can gain the burrow root's "split" extraordinary ability. Split allows the burrow root to create a new burrow root at half hp, but the new root’s game statistics are identical to those of its parent. If a wild shaped druid used the burrow root's ability to split, would it create another high level druid?

Kalkra
2019-04-18, 12:37 PM
There are similar shenanigans with oozes.

eggynack
2019-04-18, 12:45 PM
Actually, you don't need enhance wild shape for this. Split is listed as an extraordinary special attack, and those are straightforwardly accessible through wild shape. As for the implications, I'm a bit skeptical of this effect, though I suppose it does say that the child plant shares your statistics. Does "secretly being a wild shape'd druid" count as a game statistic? These situations pop up a few times, and I dunno that there's an unambiguous resolution to them.

Seak
2019-04-18, 10:27 PM
Actually, you don't need enhance wild shape for this. Split is listed as an extraordinary special attack, and those are straightforwardly accessible through wild shape. As for the implications, I'm a bit skeptical of this effect, though I suppose it does say that the child plant shares your statistics. Does "secretly being a wild shape'd druid" count as a game statistic? These situations pop up a few times, and I dunno that there's an unambiguous resolution to them.

"Secretly being a wild shape druid" might not be a game statistic, but "12th level druid", "spellcasting" and "wild shape" probably are.

There are similar shenanigans with oozes.

I'd love to hear about these shenanigans, a friend of mine is interested in oozemaster.

Darrin
2019-04-19, 01:12 PM
I'd love to hear about these shenanigans, a friend of mine is interested in oozemaster.

Black Sparrow (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?498359-Iron-Chef-Optimisation-Challenge-in-the-Playground-LXXX/page4&p=21197986#post21197986) uses Master of Many Forms to abuse Split (Ex), the Phiuhl (from Fiend Folio) to knock the duplicates down to 1 HD, and then Dark Speech to create a hive mind with 87 Sorcerer levels. It's not quite Pun-Pun, but pretty close to Tier Zero.

I don't recall any Split shenanigans from the Iron Chef Oozemaster round... That was not a particularly forgiving ingredient.