PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Mallet of the Shipwright

ZippoMoon
2019-04-18, 02:44 PM
The idea behind this item was for players or NPC's who wanted a ship but also wanted to keep the utmost secrecy regarding the ship, meaning no workers who could talk or steal a copy of the plans.

Some of you may be wondering why I made a new version of the Ironwood spell, if you want to see my reasoning just follow this link: None of this is mine by the way. (https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/37165/when-crafting-with-the-ironwood-spell-are-the-effects-permanent)

Anyway tell me what you think and what if any improvements I could make.

Mallet of the Shipwright

Aura Strong Transmutation: CL (Lesser) 9th, (Normal & Greater)15th: Slot none: Price (Lesser) 600,00 GP - (Normal) 1,080,000 GP - (Greater) 1,440,000 GP

Description

This mallets rectaguler head depicts three different types of ships, on the "port" side is an ingraving of a oceon going vessal as seen from the portside sailing along with islands in the background, on the "Starboard" side a wheeled ship as seen from the starboard side trundling across a large open field, and on the top is an airship as seen from above with clouds underneath it and the surfuce far below. As a (standard action) the user can speak a command word to activate any of the spells used to create the mallet.

Construction Requirements

Craft Wonderous Item, (Lesser, Normal, & Greater) Fabricate, Ironwood, (Normal, & Greater) Glassteel (Greater) Lighten Object, Telekinesis, Cost (Lesser) 300,000 (Normal) 540,000 GP, (Greater) 720,000 GP

Spell Breakdown

Fabricate 5th Level – Use Activated - Cost: 150,000 GP
Glassteel 8th Level (Converted 2E Version) – Use Activated - Cost: 240,000 GP
Ironwood 5th Level (Converted 2E Version) – Use Activated - Cost: 150,000 GP
Lighten Object 1st Level – Use Activated - Cost: 30,000 GP
Telekinesis 5th Level – Use Activated - Cost: 150,000 GP

Converted Spells

Glassteel (Transmutation)
Level: Wiz/Sor 8
Range: Touch
Duration: Permanent
Area of Effect: 10 lbs/level
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 Action
Saving Throw: None

The glassteel spell turns normal, nonmagical crystal or glass into a transparent substance that has the tensile strength and unbreakability of actual steel. Only a relatively small volume of material can be affected, and it must form one whole object.

The material components of this spell are a small piece of glass and a small piece of steel.

Ironwood (Transmutation)
Level: Druid 5
Range: Touch
Duration: Permanent
Area of Effect: 1.cu ft./level
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 Round
Saving Throw: None

This spell allows the Druid to change the tensile strength of wood to that of the finest steel. It only affects the hardness of the wood. Coloration, texture, and weight are unaffected.If cast on normal living plants, the spell has a 50% chance of working. If successful, it does not interfere with the normal growth of the plant but gives all parts of the plant, including leaves, flowers, and fruit the hardness of steel. Casting on plant-like monsters has no effect.

The material components of this spell is a pinch of metal filings mixed with the sap of a willow tree.

rferries
2019-04-18, 11:04 PM
+1 for glassteel! That takes me back... :)