PDA

View Full Version : Easterling's North High School [IC]

JNAProductions
2019-04-18, 09:46 PM
Third period has just ended. Vincent and Selena, who were never too perturbed by the physical activities, have been even less bothered since... Whatever happened.

Vincent, heading for lunch, manages to run into Jenna Sterling. She looks at him, saying "Getting yourself intro trouble, mister?"

Selena, meanwhile, makes it to lunch without any issues. She sits at her usual table, with Sarah already there from her class, and Emily's table not too far away.

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?585982-Easterling-s-North-High-School-OOC)

Illven
2019-04-18, 10:24 PM
Selena collects herself, and intones the prayer of mother earth.

Casting enhance ability wisdom.

Walking up to Emily's table.

"Hi, Emily!" <3

Quagmire
2019-04-18, 11:07 PM
Vincent Alvarez

Vincent walks by Jenna and flashes a nonchalant smile. ”When am I not, Jenna, when am I not?”

As he walks, he snaps his fingers and starts to mutter something under his breath, although nothing visibly happens.

Casting an (invisible) mage Hand so I can control it later in case any shenanigans are needed.

Vincent then continues walking in the general direction of the cafeteria, so that Jenna has to follow him if she wants to continue to badger him.

Either she chooses her battles and leaves him alone for now, or she’s off balance and annoyed by his evasion. Either way, he sees it as a win.

JNAProductions
2019-04-19, 08:35 AM
Jenna scowls, but lets Vincent be. As he approaches the cafeteria, he sees Aiden looking around for a table. Aiden, spotting Vincent, comes over. "Hey-don't know if you heard, but I had to switch lunch and gym. I'll tell you the story later, but for now, do you have space at your table?"

Emily's head turns to face Selena when she calls over, and says "Oh hey! It's... Selena, right?"

Quagmire
2019-04-19, 10:31 AM
Vincent Alvarez

“Looking forward to hearing it, and I kinda have a table. I prefer to roam around the room though. I find that a more nomadic lifestyle suits me, I can’t really tie myself down to one table. But the table I most often frequent does have a seat open, and I have a project you might be interested in, so let’s take a seat

Vincent pulls out two chairs at his table, slides onto one, and gestures for Aiden to sit. He pulls a bag of chips and a soda out of his backpack and starts eating.

Illven
2019-04-19, 11:22 AM
Selena, yes. May I sit here? She gestures to the nearest chair to Emily.

JNAProductions
2019-04-19, 06:48 PM
Vincent Alvarez

“Looking forward to hearing it, and I kinda have a table. I prefer to roam around the room though. I find that a more nomadic lifestyle suits me, I can’t really tie myself down to one table. But the table I most often frequent does have a seat open, and I have a project you might be interested in, so let’s take a seat

Vincent pulls out two chairs at his table, slides onto one, and gestures for Aiden to sit. He pulls a bag of chips and a soda out of his backpack and starts eating.

Aiden nods and takes a seat. He grabs an old, beat-up lunch box and takes out a sandwich, sliced in half, and a ziploc bag of chips. Looking into his lunchbox, he also smiles a moment, then, looking at Vincent, flushes lightly in embarrassment.

Selena, yes. May I sit here? She gestures to the nearest chair to Emily.

"Um... Actually, that's usually where Collins sits," Emily says. "But I think that Olivia's sick today, so you can take her chair."

Illven
2019-04-19, 08:42 PM
Selena happily plops herself into the chair.

So, how's your day? She giggles lovestruck.

JNAProductions
2019-04-19, 08:47 PM
"Oh, it's going well, I guess," she says. "We've got Chem together, right? Since you do look pretty familiar."

As she talks, the table fills up, mostly with girls, but Collins takes his seat next to Emily. He plops a tray down loaded with food, and starts to eat, but stops when he spots Selena. "Oh god, it's you..."

Illven
2019-04-19, 09:04 PM
Yeah, yeah. We should be lab partners..... Selena trills ignoring Collins.

JNAProductions
2019-04-19, 09:19 PM
"You are pretty smart!" Emily says, smiling. She turns to Collins and asks "What's the matter with her? I know she's a new face to you, but-"

"Not new," Collins says.

"How do you two know each other, then?" she asks.

Illven
2019-04-19, 10:01 PM
I know his.... girlfriend... ex? Selena prompts.

Quagmire
2019-04-19, 11:52 PM
Vincent Alvarez

Vincent smiles back at Aiden and realizing he actually looks kinda cute when flustered, and he’s now curious about what’s in there.

“Hm, I just got an idea. I’m kinda running mostly on the twinkies that I had for breakfast and these reserves are running low. Might you be willing to trade for those halves-of-a-sandwich? I’ve got plenty of stuff”

He starts emptying a variety of snacks from his pockets, mostly candy and chips but there’s some more exotic stuff there like granola and pocky. As he lays it out, he instinctually keeps the pile close to him and watches for anyone reaching for any of his food.

“It’s amazing what a guy can get with a bit of trading and the ability to drive a hard bargain. I mean bringing spare water bottle to gym and creating a distraction so that one teacher who never allows food didn’t catch him eating got me like half of this. None of it really tops real food though, so I’d be willing to part with a few of these guys in exchange for one of those two sandwich halves. If you’re willing to part with them.”

In addition to information, Vincent also deals in snacks. Apparently at his old school this was taken quite seriously, and to this day he never gives up food or asks others for food, only exchanging.

JNAProductions
2019-04-20, 07:05 PM
I know his.... girlfriend... ex? Selena prompts.

"We are happy together, thank you very much!" Collins says, anger in his voice.

Emily says "Okay, guys, calm down, calm down. Why are you so mad?"

"She kept hitting on Jennifer!"

Vincent Alvarez

Vincent smiles back at Aiden and realizing he actually looks kinda cute when flustered, and he’s now curious about what’s in there.

“Hm, I just got an idea. I’m kinda running mostly on the twinkies that I had for breakfast and these reserves are running low. Might you be willing to trade for those halves-of-a-sandwich? I’ve got plenty of stuff”

He starts emptying a variety of snacks from his pockets, mostly candy and chips but there’s some more exotic stuff there like granola and pocky. As he lays it out, he instinctually keeps the pile close to him and watches for anyone reaching for any of his food.

“It’s amazing what a guy can get with a bit of trading and the ability to drive a hard bargain. I mean bringing spare water bottle to gym and creating a distraction so that one teacher who never allows food didn’t catch him eating got me like half of this. None of it really tops real food though, so I’d be willing to part with a few of these guys in exchange for one of those two sandwich halves. If you’re willing to part with them.”

In addition to information, Vincent also deals in snacks. Apparently at his old school this was taken quite seriously, and to this day he never gives up food or asks others for food, only exchanging.

"Um... How about some pocky and two bags of Doritos?" Aiden says, offering the sandwich halves. As he does, you see a small note in his lunch bag.

Have a good day at school sweetie! I packed your favorites.
-Love, Mom

Illven
2019-04-20, 09:28 PM
Because you're a controlling piece of ****! I just wanted her to know if you won't treat her right, there's always a gay girl that will. Selena remarks.

JNAProductions
2019-04-20, 09:32 PM
Emily ***** an eyebrow. Collins retorts "I am not!" eliciting a sigh from Emily.

"Look," she says, "can you two just stop the cat fight? Selena-you're new to the table, I'd appreciate you not kicking a fuss up."

"Thank you!" Collins says, but is cut off by Emily.

"And Collins-you know you're a little overbearing. Just because someone else thinks Jennifer is cute is no reason to get made," she continues. "So let's all just sit peacefully and eat some food, kay?"

Illven
2019-04-20, 10:10 PM
Selena ever eager to please Emily, nods and goes back to eating her food.

What is Emily eating?

JNAProductions
2019-04-20, 10:12 PM
Emily has a bacon Caesar salad, with ranch dressing. She grabs a knife and fork, and tucks in eagerly.

The rest of the table starts talking amongst themselves, and despite everyone paying attention to Selena, no one talks to her.

Quagmire
2019-04-20, 10:17 PM
Upon seeing the note, Vincent smiles wistfully and seems a bit sad.
Yeah, nothing beats a homemade sandwich. Nothing can really replace it.

He quickly regains his composure and pulls out a notebook marked ‘rivals’

”So let’s talk business. We’ve worked together a while, so I’m willing to call in a favor of this magnitude. You know about the Sylvia-Wolf incident just like everyone else. Well I am somewhat concerned. Not with them dating, but with the fact that the information about the star crossed love affair would have been pretty valuable for my general information network thing I’ve got going on. I was this close to finding Sylvia’s secret and we all know what some people would give for that kind of information.

So when this ‘Nogitsune’ found out before me, it means I have a rival now. Like I respect whoever she is for winning this one but I’ve seen death note and I know that when you have a secret anonymous rival dedicated to an opposing ideal, finding out her identity is a major priority. Like if she wants chaos that’s cool until it starts interfering with my investigations. So can you help me with figuring out the secret identity of the mysterious hacker Nogitsune? We’re around even right now but I’d owe you one if you could help.”

If the conversation at Selena’s table is loud and heated enough for Vincent to hear, he takes out a larger locked notebook marked “Relationship Drama vol IV” and writes a quick note in it.

JNAProductions
2019-04-20, 10:21 PM
Vincent is able to catch wind of Selena's table's talking, though after the initial burst, it dies down into normal small talk.

Check the OOC thread in a few minutes for a response to the hacker bit.

Illven
2019-04-20, 10:35 PM
So how are your other classes going? Selena asks Emily.

JNAProductions
2019-04-20, 10:38 PM
So how are your other classes going? Selena asks Emily.

"Oh, you know. Boring," she says. "I was having some trouble with trig, though-you know anyone who can help with that?"

Vincent is able to catch wind of Selena's table's talking, though after the initial burst, it dies down into normal small talk.

Check the OOC thread in a few minutes for a response to the hacker bit.

Aiden taps his chin, thinking. "You know me. I'm more about investigating up close and personal than computer stuff. But if you get any leads, I'd be happy to try and sniff 'em out for you. I'd like to think of you as a friend-and what kind of friend would I be if... Um... You know, not gonna finish that, because I don't think it'd end well," he chuckles.

Illven
2019-04-20, 10:50 PM
Selena gestures to herself with a wide grin on her face.

JNAProductions
2019-04-20, 10:54 PM
"Oh man, that'd be great!" Emily says. She grabs a notebook and pencil and scribbles some numbers on a random page, then tears it out. "Here-whenever you get the chance, send me a text, and we can work out a time to get some tutoring in, okay? I really appreciate it!"

Illven
2019-04-20, 11:00 PM
Selena squees in glee as she gets Emily's number eagerly scrambling up.

JNAProductions
2019-04-20, 11:02 PM
Emily laughs, while Collins sighs. "Geez, calm down! I've never seen someone so excited for math before."

Illven
2019-04-20, 11:39 PM
Emily laughs, while Collins sighs. "Geez, calm down! I've never seen someone so excited for math before."

Selena sticks out her tongue at Collins.

Quagmire
2019-04-21, 07:01 PM
“Friends don’t let friends investigate shadowy chaos-obsessed hackers without support?”
Vincent offers, still eating the sandwich.

“Anyways, I’m sure there will be lots of traditional investigation too, and I’m not that good with the computer stuff either so we will have to get someone else involved too. But anyone good enough at tech stuff to help us find Nogitsune could also be her, because of the whole anonymous hacker thing. And Once the computer-y parts have been figured out we’ll still need to do some regular investigation. So if either of us hears or finds out anything we tell the other.”

Vincent smiles again, excited for the investigation and to be doing it with a friend.

JNAProductions
2019-04-21, 07:31 PM
Selena sticks out her tongue at Collins.

Heharumphs and crosses his arms.

“Friends don’t let friends investigate shadowy chaos-obsessed hackers without support?”
Vincent offers, still eating the sandwich.

“Anyways, I’m sure there will be lots of traditional investigation too, and I’m not that good with the computer stuff either so we will have to get someone else involved too. But anyone good enough at tech stuff to help us find Nogitsune could also be her, because of the whole anonymous hacker thing. And Once the computer-y parts have been figured out we’ll still need to do some regular investigation. So if either of us hears or finds out anything we tell the other.”

Vincent smiles again, excited for the investigation and to be doing it with a friend.

"Sounds like a plan!" Aiden says. "So, do we seal it with a fist bump or a handshake?"

I think it's high time to move on.

For Selena, we can probably skip to after school tutoring.
For Vincent, while I'm sure he'd be fine ditching class to investigate, Aiden's a little more straight-laced. So after school work for you too?

Quagmire
2019-04-21, 08:35 PM
After school sounds good, nothing else I plan to do.

Also is is it just me or did we have more players?

Illven
2019-04-22, 01:08 AM
Selena's good to move on.

JNAProductions
2019-04-22, 10:21 PM
The day wears on.

Vincent, for once, attends his classes-on time, even! Well, for most of them-so as to minimize any potential complications with faculty later on.
Selena has a pep in her step all day, knowing that she'll be hanging with Emily later.

Once school is over, Aiden meets Vincent back at the cafeteria. "Alright. Let's figure out what we know so far. I brought notebooks, pencils, and poptarts."

Meanwhile, the moment her last class is out, Selena sends a quick text to Emily, asking her if she'd want be tutored today. She gets a "Yeah, sure!" sent back and meets up with Emily at the cafeteria as well, finding a spot at a table near Vincent's. Emily, smiling, walks over to Selena as she calls out "Hey!"

Illven
2019-04-22, 10:41 PM
Hi <3 Selena beamed waving her fingers as she leaned close to Em. So, which bus?

Quagmire
2019-04-23, 09:26 AM
You’re prepared, I like it. Especially the poptarts. All I have to add are a few sticky notes, some pins, and some string. Just in case we need to do a conspiracy theory board of clues and connections. Before we start though, I need a second. I just spent the past few hours actually showing up in class and that want a pleasant experience. I think I almost caught myself paying attention to history.

Vincent uncaps a sharpie and draws a small smiley face on the corner of the table. Then he surrounds it with a few spirals, and takes a second to enjoy the new-marker smell.

That hits the spot, I think I’ve fully recovered. Now let’s get this thing started.

JNAProductions
2019-04-23, 03:17 PM
Hi <3 Selena beamed waving her fingers as she leaned close to Em. So, which bus?

"I actually drive myself here. My parents got me an old junker, but I'm still pretty happy with it," she replies.

You’re prepared, I like it. Especially the poptarts. All I have to add are a few sticky notes, some pins, and some string. Just in case we need to do a conspiracy theory board of clues and connections. Before we start though, I need a second. I just spent the past few hours actually showing up in class and that want a pleasant experience. I think I almost caught myself paying attention to history.

Vincent uncaps a sharpie and draws a small smiley face on the corner of the table. Then he surrounds it with a few spirals, and takes a second to enjoy the new-marker smell.

That hits the spot, I think I’ve fully recovered. Now let’s get this thing started.

Aiden laughs. "My god, you're such a damn delinquent! But, to get serious, we've got a screenname, for one. Do we know anyone who had a vendetta against either Sylvia, her boyfriend, or either of their cliques? That can get us a motive."

Quagmire
2019-04-23, 04:31 PM
“Why thank you! And yes, narrowing down our suspects is a good starting point. Who would have a vendetta against Sylvia? The entire rest of the popular clique for one? Their leaders are always surrounded by sycophants looking to take their place. I’m not sure about her boyfriend though. Greg mostly hangs in the nerd cliques and I’m not that acquainted with them, they don’t have as much need for my skillset.

The nerds are the ones with the most ability to do it though, because the hacker is obviously someone with computer skills. They also might be potential allies because I know you specialize in direct reporting and I’m more of an infiltrator. If we decide we need more people a computer person might be a good ally.”

Vincent writes ‘Suspects’ in blocky letters in one of their notebooks and writes down a list of the people in the cliques that Greg and Sylvia inhabit.

So who has a motive? Which of these people had a previous grudge? And who benefits from Sylvia going down?

Illven
2019-04-25, 02:28 AM
So to the library then? Selena grinned.

JNAProductions
2019-04-25, 08:36 PM
Aiden puts a pencil to his mouth in a thoughtful gesture, and mutters "Hm..."

"Maybe we should start by canvassing the geek squad? See what they know? They're more likely to share the snooty bunch."

"If you think that's where we can learn best, sure," Emily replies, standing up. "I'm parked in the back, by the way."

Quagmire
2019-04-25, 10:42 PM
“Yeah, the ones who are actually willing to talk to me seem to be the best option. And snooty is a good way to describe them.

For the geeks, a few of them are almost always on the library computers during lunch, so we can find a few there tomorrow. We just need a plan where we can get information without the hacker knowing we’re after her.

Vincent continues sketching in the notebook, at first some plans to get info from the computer club but then he gets distracted and starts doodling himself and Aiden as Sherlock Holmes style detectives. Then he looks up and towards Selena and Emily.

“I wonder what these two are doing here at the same time as us. Probably a coincidence...”

Illven
2019-04-26, 01:29 AM
Lead the way~ Selena beams.

JNAProductions
2019-04-26, 11:56 AM
Emily starts doing so, and overhears Vincent's last words as she passes by. She stops a moment, and says "We're just meeting up to arrange some tutoring, nothing suspicious, guys!" with a bit of a chuckle. "Something I'm pretty sure you might need, considering how rarely you attend class, Vincent."

Assuming Vincent doesn't respond in any truly significant way, Emily leads Selena to the back parking lot of the school. "I know it's a bit of a junker, but it drives," she says as she unlocks (manually) an old beat-up Chevy.

Back in the cafeteria, Aiden says "I'd call that rude if it wasn't so true. Anyway, if we can make a plan quick, I heard that a lot of them are working on a project in the library, and have been usually staying after school to get more work done. We can find them now-just gotta figure out what to say."

Quagmire
2019-04-26, 05:54 PM
“Yeah, you both just want to study and neither of you have ulterior motives. Keep telling each other that”

Vincent smirks as he looks away, starting to put away his notebooks

“What? It’s as true as what she said to me. Well technically not as true, since I’m technically passing all my classes. I have my ways.
Now, how do we get the geek squad to talk? I feel like we need to appeal to their sense of pride, talk up how much skill it would take to get into secure messages, and also see their reactions to the event. I’m good at getting people to talk but not as good at reading people. You’re a reporter, you should be able to tell how everyone reacts when I bring up the hacker and the Sylvia-North Event. And for our cover story for why we’re in there after school striking up a conversation, I guess we could say...” Vincent sighs audibly and shakes his head at the proposition ”That I needed help in my lit class and you’re my tutor.”

JNAProductions
2019-04-26, 07:40 PM
Aiden chuckles. "Sounds like a plan. Lead the way, oh faithful protege!" he says.

You head for the computer lab, which is tucked away just behind the library. The room is currently closed, but not locked. Looking inside, you see around half a dozen nerds, most of whom seem to be paying attention to one screen, with only of them actually sitting at the computer.

Quagmire
2019-04-26, 11:16 PM
”A plan it is then. Looks like they’ve formed a hive mind, but I can still infiltrate them.”

Vincent opens the door and walks into the lab, pretending that he’d been chatting with Aiden about work on the way and had just arrived here

”Yeah, I should be able to print the essay from here. Thanks for the help. I don’t know how I’d pass writing without you. Wait, what’s that?”

He turns towards the group clustered around a computer with an expression of surprise on his face.

What’ve you all got going on here? It looks complicated.

Come on, you all won’t be able to resist the urge to explain something complex to a non-nerd. Just give me a conversational opening here. Is it weird that I see conversations like this?

Illven
2019-04-27, 01:40 AM
I hope you're a careful driver. Selena beams.

JNAProductions
2019-04-27, 05:21 PM
”A plan it is then. Looks like they’ve formed a hive mind, but I can still infiltrate them.”

Vincent opens the door and walks into the lab, pretending that he’d been chatting with Aiden about work on the way and had just arrived here

”Yeah, I should be able to print the essay from here. Thanks for the help. I don’t know how I’d pass writing without you. Wait, what’s that?”

He turns towards the group clustered around a computer with an expression of surprise on his face.

What’ve you all got going on here? It looks complicated.

Come on, you all won’t be able to resist the urge to explain something complex to a non-nerd. Just give me a conversational opening here. Is it weird that I see conversations like this?

It takes a few moments for the group to register Vincent's words, and they turn to face him. The guy in the chair talks first, saying "It's a news article. You might not know that we've been doing a project on background radiation and pollution and stuff like that, but we have. And this article... Well, it just adds a whole new world to what we might be able to find! See, they-they being one of the research labs here in Easterling-think they've found some kind of new spectrum, concentrated here, of all places! It's sorta... Well, they don't have a very good description, but I guess, quantum in nature? See, it reacts VERY differently when observed by people, instead of by machines."

I hope you're a careful driver. Selena beams.

"No tickets yet," she replies. "Let me just clear some crap from the passenger seat and you can hop in."

Soon enough, you're safely buckled in and ready to go. "So, you think the library is the best tutoring spot?"

Illven
2019-04-27, 11:26 PM
Well it's kinda what they are for. Selena points out.

JNAProductions
2019-04-28, 09:39 AM
"Fair," Emily respons, and starts driving out of the lot.

Illven
2019-04-28, 11:25 AM
Selena waits for Emily to stop, before leaning on her shoulder.

Quagmire
2019-04-28, 01:22 PM
Vincent looks genuinely puzzled, and looks for something to say

Well, there’s no way to redirect this to school and the hacker, but this new energy might be related to my... powers. I guess I’ll see where this goes

”So it’s only in Easterling? I didn’t know they had research labs here. So it’s quamtum-ness means machines and humans interacting with it makes different things happen to it? How would someone study that? And you guys are looking for it too now?

JNAProductions
2019-04-28, 05:18 PM
Selena waits for Emily to stop, before leaning on her shoulder.

"Um... Tired?" Emily asks.

Vincent looks genuinely puzzled, and looks for something to say

Well, there’s no way to redirect this to school and the hacker, but this new energy might be related to my... powers. I guess I’ll see where this goes

”So it’s only in Easterling? I didn’t know they had research labs here. So it’s quamtum-ness means machines and humans interacting with it makes different things happen to it? How would someone study that? And you guys are looking for it too now?

"Well, we're pretty limited in how we can study it," another says. "North High has some pretty good equipment, but nothing that'd be really needed to research this. We are saving up money to pay for a trip to the lab, though, see what we can learn."

The first nerd speaks again, saying "And it's not just people, actually-it seems like anything living messes with it. Supposedly-damn news article sensationalism-one of the researcher's seeing-eye dogs started flying, and that's what tipped them off. Now, the first part, I can believe. The second part... Not so much."

Illven
2019-04-30, 01:26 AM
And affectionate. Selena giggled.

Quagmire
2019-04-30, 08:38 AM
”Yeah, they’ll exaggerate anything just to get views. If it’s like a professional research lab, how are you going to get them to let a bunch of high schoolers in?

I’m surprised that you’re all working on the same thing here, if the other social groups in the school are any indication, you all would be secretly trying to sabotage each other and get the credit for yourself. But you all seem surprisingly cohesive, all saving up for and studying the same thing.”

Unless some of you aren’t. Tell me your secrets.

JNAProductions
2019-04-30, 02:44 PM
And affectionate. Selena giggled.

"Oh. Um..." Emily says, blushing a little bit.

”Yeah, they’ll exaggerate anything just to get views. If it’s like a professional research lab, how are you going to get them to let a bunch of high schoolers in?

I’m surprised that you’re all working on the same thing here, if the other social groups in the school are any indication, you all would be secretly trying to sabotage each other and get the credit for yourself. But you all seem surprisingly cohesive, all saving up for and studying the same thing.”

Unless some of you aren’t. Tell me your secrets.

"Birds of a feather flock together," another one of them says. "That's actually exactly why we stopped working with Gerald."

Illven
2019-04-30, 09:34 PM
Um? Selena chuckled.

JNAProductions
2019-05-01, 12:30 PM
"I'm just not really sure how to respond," Emily says, laughing a little nervously.

Illven
2019-05-01, 12:59 PM
Could be affectionate, back. Selena teases.

JNAProductions
2019-05-01, 01:00 PM
"Can we, um... Just go to tutoring? I mean, don't get me wrong," Emily says, "you seem really nice! It's just that I don't really know you that well, and... Yeah..."

Quagmire
2019-05-01, 08:31 PM
So there’s a Gerald. Now we’re getting somewhere

”I take it he wasn’t team player? It seems like this would be the one place where not being ‘of a feather’ wouldn’t be as bad, what difference would be bad enough that you couldn’t work with him”

Vincent takes a quick glance at Aiden, as if to ask how this is going.

JNAProductions
2019-05-01, 08:47 PM
Aiden's just leaning against the door, taking notes. He hasn't felt the need to interject just yet.

"Gerald was..." one of them says, before getting cut off.

"A right ***hole! Seriously-I mean, I get it. There's a lot of cute girls at this school. That does NOT give you the right to just hit on them constantly, especially not after they've made it clear they're not into you!" one of the others says. "Plus he cheated at Smash. And I think he stole my DS."

The first one talks again, saying "Basically that. He was smart, sure, but he was just a massive jerk. We might not be the most social of groups, but better to have a select few good friends, than just try to take anyone who sucks in, right?"

Quagmire
2019-05-01, 09:11 PM
”Eugh. You get a few of that kind of jerk in any social group, and I concur. They have to either cut it out or get cut or of the group. If not the a*****ery metastasizes and becomes impossible to remove. Then before you know it you’ve got the “popular” clique. I’ve seen it happen to too many friendgroups.

Vincent looks for reaction at his mention of the popular kids. Also, checking to see if there are any girls in this research-project-group, since from the sound of it it seems to just be guys.

Illven
2019-05-01, 11:25 PM
"Can we, um... Just go to tutoring? I mean, don't get me wrong," Emily says, "you seem really nice! It's just that I don't really know you that well, and... Yeah..."

Sure. Selena scrunched back into her seat.

JNAProductions
2019-05-10, 10:05 PM
”Eugh. You get a few of that kind of jerk in any social group, and I concur. They have to either cut it out or get cut or of the group. If not the a*****ery metastasizes and becomes impossible to remove. Then before you know it you’ve got the “popular” clique. I’ve seen it happen to too many friendgroups.

Vincent looks for reaction at his mention of the popular kids. Also, checking to see if there are any girls in this research-project-group, since from the sound of it it seems to just be guys.

It's only guys in the room. When you mention the popular kids, though, they chuckle a little. "Hey," one of them says, "I wouldn't consider us all that different from them, after all. I mean, what with Greg and Sylvia..."

Sure. Selena scrunched back into her seat.

Emily smiles, and pops the door open. You get out yourself, and the two of you walk into the library. As you go, though, she does ask "So... I mean, it's pretty clear you're pretty gay. Did you know your whole life?"

Illven
2019-05-10, 10:26 PM
Bi. Selena corrects with a grin. And I mean I couldn't necessarily put it into words, but yeah, for as long as I can remember.

JNAProductions
2019-05-10, 10:35 PM
Emily stays quiet as you find a spot to tutor her.

Illven
2019-05-11, 03:16 AM
Emily stays quiet as you find a spot to tutor her.

Not gonna tease that it was obvious. Selena grins.

JNAProductions
2019-05-11, 07:51 PM
"What? No, um, just... Math?" she replies.

Illven
2019-05-11, 09:35 PM
Selena grins starting to sit down and teach.

[Would this be an int check, wis check, or cha check to see how well teaching goes?]

JNAProductions
2019-05-11, 09:40 PM
I won't require a check for tutoring. You know your stuff, you can teach her.

If you'd like to make a move, though, I will require a Charisma check.

Illven
2019-05-11, 11:21 PM
Selena won't press.

At least not so soon.

So you think you got it a little better now?

JNAProductions
2019-05-12, 06:49 PM
Emily nods. She's been working hard with you to learn her stuff. "It's still not totally there, but it definitely helps. Thanks Selena."

Quagmire
2019-05-12, 10:05 PM
Vincent seems a bit taken aback, but then laughs.

”That’s true I guess, the only way to stop people from having relationship drama is to isolate them all from each other. I think it’s just human nature.

He puts a finger to his chin and seems more thoughtful.

The difference is that your guys have a purpose with drama as a side effect. For some of them, it’s just drama for its own sake. Like you guys have this project as your main thing, Gerald and the Sylvia-Greg things were things that happened. Meanwhile I am yet to hear a conversation about anything other than that or who the ‘new Sylvia’ will be. Like she is still there, just dating someone different. But to them it’s some sort of big deal.

Illven
2019-05-12, 10:08 PM
It's no problem. Selena beamed.

Take me home?

JNAProductions
2019-05-16, 10:10 PM
Vincent seems a bit taken aback, but then laughs.

”That’s true I guess, the only way to stop people from having relationship drama is to isolate them all from each other. I think it’s just human nature.

He puts a finger to his chin and seems more thoughtful.

The difference is that your guys have a purpose with drama as a side effect. For some of them, it’s just drama for its own sake. Like you guys have this project as your main thing, Gerald and the Sylvia-Greg things were things that happened. Meanwhile I am yet to hear a conversation about anything other than that or who the ‘new Sylvia’ will be. Like she is still there, just dating someone different. But to them it’s some sort of big deal.

In a perfect chorus, the nerds' phones all buzz and clatter with notifications. Their eyes snap to their devices, and reading for a moment, their jaws drop. "Did... Did they..."
"That's so stupid..."
"Think it'd work?"
"It can't!"

It's no problem. Selena beamed.

Take me home?

"Yeah, sure!" Emily says, leading the way to her car. As she drives you home, she's quiet for the first part of the drive, in contrast to what she was like in the drive to the library.

"So... Let's say, hypothetically, I wanted to, um... Test the waters, with another girl..." she starts when you're about halfway home. "Do you, um... Know anyone who might help a girlfriend out? And, you know, not blab to everyone. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay or bi or anything, just... Gossip and rumours suck."

Illven
2019-05-16, 10:14 PM
You mean someone besides me? Selena winked.

JNAProductions
2019-05-16, 10:18 PM
"Well... I mean, um, uh..." she says, clearly more than a little flustered.

Quagmire
2019-05-19, 12:16 PM
Vincent goes back to being confused. Probably a groupchat or a digital hive mind or something.

Ok, what’s happening now? New development in the space energy thing?

JNAProductions
2019-05-19, 05:55 PM
"They sent someone in. Unprotected," the first nerd replies. "They stored up some of the energy and just... Tested it. On a person."

Quagmire
2019-05-19, 07:03 PM
”Ok I’m no science-person but I’ve stolen enough comic books to see where this goes.
Vincent’s brow furrows in thought, connecting some events together. Then he has a completely different realization.

“That stays between us though, ok? As far as the world knows, I’m not a comic book guy. That’s pretty crazy though, they must be paying him or her a lot to get filled with space energy though. Based on what I learned in physics last year, all they’ll just discover some new forms of radiation poisoning.”

Illven
2019-05-20, 12:20 AM
"Well... I mean, um, uh..." she says, clearly more than a little flustered.

Selena giggles before rubbing her hair affectionately.

Tell me if I go too far, okay? She asks.

JNAProductions
2019-05-28, 08:15 PM
”Ok I’m no science-person but I’ve stolen enough comic books to see where this goes.
Vincent’s brow furrows in thought, connecting some events together. Then he has a completely different realization.

“That stays between us though, ok? As far as the world knows, I’m not a comic book guy. That’s pretty crazy though, they must be paying him or her a lot to get filled with space energy though. Based on what I learned in physics last year, all they’ll just discover some new forms of radiation poisoning.”

"Yeah..." one says absentmindedly. "Listen, can we just handle this later? This is kinda big news."

Before you can be shooed out, your partner in crime swoops in, saying "Sure, but mind if we get your number? This story sounds interesting, and we'll probably need someone smarter than us to explain it."

"Oh, sure, yeah," he says, before thinking a moment. "You know what, here, just give me your email, and I'll shoot you one with our numbers. We've got some online groups that you might want to get into contact with too, if you're interested."

Once the contact info is sorted out, he huddles up with the others, all of them talking excitedly.

Selena giggles before rubbing her hair affectionately.

Tell me if I go too far, okay? She asks.

"Okay. That feels nice," Emily says.

Illven
2019-05-28, 08:25 PM
That's good. Selena purred taking Emily into a slow tender kiss.

JNAProductions
2019-05-28, 08:44 PM
Emily hesitates, but lets Selena kiss her.

And much more is likely beyond the forum rules. So, you know.

Quagmire
2019-05-30, 05:31 PM
Well, see you guys later, it was nice talking with you”

Vincent walks out of the room with Aiden, and walks away from the door. He looks over his shoulder to avoid eavesdropping, and then says

”That was... fairly decent. I’m not sure if we got much intel, at least I didn’t. Sorry about getting distracted, ADD is honestly my greatest weakness as a detective/criminal mastermind. Like what’s up with what they were talking about, weird energy fields and a person absorbing tons of radiation? But I can’t get distracted by that, I need to focus on this hacker thing.”