PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder help with a build-warlock vigilante-how not to suck?

Heavenblade
2019-04-20, 03:08 PM
So, Im soon building my warlock vigilante character (and I am probably going to stay with it since it's a rebuild of an existing character following some sort of a quest she did, so its kinda set in stone in regards to my class).
I really love the flavor, but everything I read about them tell me that they suck without 3rd party. now, in my group we don't use third party, so that's out of the game.

Do you have any idea about how can I play my warlock (beginning in 3rd lvl, game will finish probably around 14th level) in a pure 1st party way that wouldn't make me inferior to my companions?

the other characters are an axe switch hitter-slayer, another full BaB melee homebrew, a ranged water kineticist, and an alchemist.

StSword
2019-04-20, 07:09 PM
Well conductive weapons would allow one to add mystic bolt damage to weapon attacks which would allow one to add Arcane Striker, Mystic Bolt, and Lethal Grace to a weapon attack.

When Arcane Striker really gets into its own, especially if you have Lethal Grace, you might want to pick up Tiger Claws, which gives you a natural attack you can throw in with full round attacks.

But really I'd think the most important thing is a good choice for spells, a warlock is an up to 6th level spellcaster, especially since the closest to a spellcaster in your party is an alchemist.

Heavenblade
2019-04-21, 12:05 AM
a conductive might be my way to go, but unfortunately
1-my DM rolls random magic items for us ver since he got a bow of song for our archer bard in 3.5 and he sold it for some other thing
2-he doesn't like crafter pc's

I don't actually have to be a warlock. the character is sort of the avatar of a god of magic and psionics (and yeah, soulknife is off the table) whose favored weapons are a pair of swords.

so honestly, any arcane-ish character (no bloodragers since they are too "emotional" to work for a god of serenity and thought) who dual wields blades might fit the bill. I preferred a warlock, cause I could just refluff my blasts as swords and go to town.

Selion
2019-04-21, 05:52 AM
Why not a mindblade magus? Only issue is that the psichic weapons are manifested

Heavenblade
2019-04-21, 05:54 AM
hmm...a mindblade magus is a good idea. thank you very much!

Eldonauran
2019-04-21, 09:14 AM
A gnome (or racial heritage:gnome) can grab Conductive Weapon as a favored Class bonus for a Magus, to add to their Arcane Pool weaponcharge ability.

Kurald Galain
2019-04-22, 04:09 AM
hmm...a mindblade magus is a good idea. thank you very much!

Magus handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus), at your service :smallcool: