PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Help me find all monsters/templates in 3.x with the Feed (su) ability

Skullruss
2019-04-20, 03:09 PM
Plain and simple, if it exists in 3.0/3.5 and has the feed supernatural ability, or a similar enough ability, i would love to know.

The plan is to make a campaign with a monstrous cannibalistic force invading the material plane and scarfing down everything in sight.

I already know of the Barghest and Beast of Xvim.

OgresAreCute
2019-04-20, 03:15 PM
The Dusk Giant from Heroes of Horror has the Cannibalize (Ex) ability, which gives them more strength/constitution/natural armor/size from devouring the bodies of other creatures, with the bodies of intelligent creatures giving them bigger bonuses faster.

The Cadaver Golem from the same book also has the Assimilate Flesh (Ex) ability, which lets it acquire skills and special abilities by taking body parts from dead creatures and attaching them to itself.

Falontani
2019-04-20, 03:21 PM
Redcap is an evil fey that can dip their red cap into blood to advance. Mm3. Ravenous Template from Dragon Compendium can be applied to any undead, grants a bite attack, improved grab on it, and if successful more bite damage. Maurezhi from fiend folio has advancement from corpse consumption.

ShurikVch
2019-04-23, 10:33 AM
Nabassu (Fiendish Codex I) - both Juvenile and Mature
Worghest (Dragon #350)
Capstone of the Life Eater (http://archive.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=fr/pg20020911b) PrC

MrSinister
2019-04-23, 01:24 PM
Would Illithids count for this? Also, Illithid Savant PrC.

The Viscount
2019-04-25, 06:34 PM
Maurezhi from Fiend Folio is a demon with Feed.

Darrin
2019-04-25, 08:14 PM
Sharn (Anauroch - The Empire of Shade) has something similar to feed, called "Incorporate Consciousness". It's... wonky.

Mindstealer (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20030727a) kinda has something like feed.

Nabassu (FCI) has already been mentioned.

Saintheart
2019-04-26, 12:18 AM
There's the Reason Stealer from the MM2 - ooze type, feeds on intelligence, can absorb casting abilities from an arcane caster it kills.