PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Soul Contract

ThespisGuardian
2019-04-20, 05:09 PM
I was watching a video a while ago about this contract between demons and angels about which would go where in d&d 5.e, however I CANNOT FIND IT!!

Essentially, I told my players to make a character and plan for it to die before the first session. I did a "Season Zero" with everyone individually and played out the last 48ish ours before their unique deaths.

The goal here is that a demonic cult has gained control of this artifact and has since, released not only an assload of demons and devils and such onto the material realm but also, all souls of being that die now are in a free for all / up for grabs type thing. So session 1 is going to start with the PCs spirits arriving onto the astral plane in chaos and war between many different gods, demigods, angels, and demons.

Aaaaaanywho, I'm looking for this Soul Contract (and any advice on my current campaign).

Much love!

Unoriginal
2019-04-20, 05:25 PM
I was watching a video a while ago about this contract between demons and angels about which would go where in d&d 5.e, however I CANNOT FIND IT!!

Essentially, I told my players to make a character and plan for it to die before the first session. I did a "Season Zero" with everyone individually and played out the last 48ish ours before their unique deaths.

The goal here is that a demonic cult has gained control of this artifact and has since, released not only an assload of demons and devils and such onto the material realm but also, all souls of being that die now are in a free for all / up for grabs type thing. So session 1 is going to start with the PCs spirits arriving onto the astral plane in chaos and war between many different gods, demigods, angels, and demons.

Aaaaaanywho, I'm looking for this Soul Contract (and any advice on my current campaign).

Much love!

There is no contract between angels and demons in 5e. Demons would not respect it anyway.

There is no contract between angels and devils in 5e, either. Unless you count the one that might have happened to make sure the judgement of Asmodeus's trial would be respected, but that's hardly what you're talking about.

You're probably thinking of the Pact Primeval, which is definitively NOT something that exist in 5e.

Also, not sure if you're looking for that kind of advice, but if you're using the default 5e lore: if the demons actually did something like that and broke how the souls work, all the gods and all the other planes would unite under one banner and pummel the Abyss until it was destroyed. Plus the large majority of demons have no interest in souls.

So make clear to your players you're not using the common 5e lore if you do that.

DrKerosene
2019-04-21, 03:20 AM

Could you link the video? Unless you’re talking about something like the early days of the Blood War, trying to put down the Queen of Chaos, or the Pact Primeval with Devils, I have no idea what you’re looking for.

I recall 3.5e had Harvester Devils (“Falxugon” or something), which were your “sign a contract with a devil” fiends, but nothing so grand as a deal between Angels and Demons.