PDA

View Full Version : Improving Natural Armor

ezekielraiden
2019-04-20, 05:27 PM
I'm in a hybrid 3.PF game, and I have recently discovered the scintillating scales spell. As we deal with a lot of enemies that can hit touch ACs, I would love to take the maximum advantage of this conversion from natural armor to deflection bonus--which means finding sources of bonuses to NA.

Thus far, the only long-duration benefit I've found is ironskin, and that's only long duration because I can persist it. +7 enhancement bonus on top of wild shape or shapechange is quite handy, but I would like to find anything else I can squeeze out of this. I have found legendary proportions, which grants a size bonus to NA, but it's relatively short.

So, Pathfinder and/or 3.5e fans, what spells and/or items exist that increase one's natural armor bonus? Anything either not of enhancement type, or long-lasting and greater than +7 enhancement, is welcome. I suppose I would also welcome any sources of stacking bonuses to deflection as well, though I suspect those are few and far between.

Maat Mons
2019-04-20, 06:24 PM
Bite of the Wereboar provides a +8 enhancement bonus to natural armor, and can be Persisted. But I'd still rather have Bite of the Werebear. It's "only" a +7 enhancement bonus to natural armor, but it's a +16 enhancement bonus to Strength.

ezekielraiden
2019-04-21, 04:14 AM
Bite of the Wereboar provides a +8 enhancement bonus to natural armor, and can be Persisted. But I'd still rather have Bite of the Werebear. It's "only" a +7 enhancement bonus to natural armor, but it's a +16 enhancement bonus to Strength.

Yeah, Werebear is very nice, and I'll probably use it relatively often. Unfortunately, Wereboar isn't something I can persist yet--it's a 4th level spell, so that would mean 4+6 = 10. I'll be getting some MM-level-reduction stuff sooner or later, but for now it's juuuust out of reach. Since my character is properly a gestalt Druid/Wizard (with Academic Priest so I'm Int-SAD), I might look into something like contingency to fire off bite of the werebear (if such a thing is possible, anyway).