PDA

View Full Version : Bladesinger barbarian multi?

Whit
2019-04-20, 06:24 PM
If I made an Elf Bladesinger who mukriclasses to a barbarian, does it work? Would bladesinger 14 Barb 6 be best.
Which lvls to start and switch back and forth.

CTurbo
2019-04-20, 06:32 PM
I'm considering this same thing right now. I would start Barbarian 2, then Bladesinger 2, but not sure if I would continue Bladesinger or jump over to Rogue to stay. My stats are silly enough to start with 20 Str, Dex, and Int or Con while still having an 18 in the other. My main reasons for Barb are the unarmored defense AC of 20 to start and Reckless Attack. Rage would be nice, but not the main point.

Lunali
2019-04-20, 06:34 PM
It works as long as you remember the limitations.

No concentration or casting while raging.
No two handed attacks while singing.
No medium armor or shields while singing.
Rage and Bladesong are both bonus actions.
Rage bonus damage and reckless attack only apply to strength attacks.
Bladesong recovers on short or long rest, rage on long.

Start as either, but probably want to continue whichever you start as until you get extra attack from it.

Yunru
2019-04-20, 06:59 PM
Dammit, now my next character has to be a Moon Druid/Bladesinger (probably with a level of Monk thrown in), just so I can run Whalesong.

PhantomSoul
2019-04-20, 09:19 PM
Dammit, now my next character has to be a Moon Druid/Bladesinger (probably with a level of Monk thrown in), just so I can run Whalesong.

Birdsong is popular too!

wilhelmdubdub
2019-04-20, 09:40 PM
Can you use song of defense while raging? does the damage reduction from using a spell slot happen before or after rage reduces it by half?

PhantomSoul
2019-04-20, 09:51 PM
Can you use song of defense while raging? does the damage reduction from using a spell slot happen before or after rage reduces it by half?

You can, but Damage Reduction applies before Damage Resistance, so effectively your Spell Slots' "value" will be halved.