PDA

View Full Version : Einkil Lutgehr?

Particle_Man
2019-04-20, 08:17 PM
A friend randomly rolled this dwarf name. Is it an Easter egg for a murder hobo reference?

Arkhios
2019-04-21, 07:55 AM
A friend randomly rolled this dwarf name. Is it an Easter egg for a murder hobo reference?

If either of those names is a reference to anything, I don't get it, and I bet I'm not the only one who thinks your question is strange and impossible to answer.

Lunali
2019-04-21, 08:16 AM
No idea what you're referring to, but the names come directly from the PhB list for dwarf male and clan names.

Mercurias
2019-04-21, 09:32 AM
Einkil = could be “one kill” or “I kill”

Lutgehr = “Loot Gear”

I laughed.

Edit: Then I googled. They’re both fantasy names from what I can tell.

JackPhoenix
2019-04-21, 12:36 PM
Einkil sounds like Eikili, which is a nordic name. Dwarves are generally depicted as having vaguely nordic names. There's also Kili the dwarf from Hobbit.
Lutgehr sounds germanic. Same thing.

Particle_Man
2019-04-21, 03:16 PM

Lutgehr = “Loot Gear”

I laughed.

Bingo! I was curious as to whether this was a coincidence or an author’s Easter egg.

GlenSmash!
2019-04-22, 02:16 PM
Now I want to play Eikil Lutgeir. Just so there is no confusion that that absolutely is the joke.

Arkhios
2019-04-22, 11:53 PM

Lutgehr = “Loot Gear”

I laughed.

Bingo! I was curious as to whether this was a coincidence or an author’s Easter egg.

Ahaa! I suppose I should be ashamed of not realizing this. While I'm not fluent in German having neglected my former studies, I should've recognized at least numerals, which were among the first things taught at school.